OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 17:34

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 10 May 2009, 07:23 
Kim Is My Shadow
Kim Is My Shadow

Blade: ?
FH: ?
BH: ?
Thanks for the feedback amateur101. I've not used the clipper for quite a few years now and it really feels heavy. After reading a few of the other threads around, I've decided to move a lot more and try and take a lot more on my forehand. That means the blade will need to suit my forehand side more than my backhand - hence I'm going to stick with the andro.

Ironically, I did a lot of searching this forum and read up on reviews of the spectol and Kees's "short and medium pips values listed" thread. I've only gone and ordered this morning a sheet of 889-N in 2mm and 563 2mm. Total cost including postage was still a lot cheaper than just one sheet of spectol - in fact, throw in the sheet of 799 and 802-1 I've just tried and all four combined have been less than the cost of one sheet of the spectol. I was seriously considering the spectol 21 but it's just too much to pay to experiment right now, especially as I'm about to get a sheet of the proton. Budget blown.

The avalox 700 is from what I've read one of the true pip blades about but that's expensive too and I'm not sure how it would play with inverted. As for the globe - I think this might be too slow for me (compared to what I'm used to) and possibly too spinny.

If I was starting a new amateur101 I'd definitely have given the avalox and spectol a try first but alas I'm now in a position of trying to balance out what I have got with what I need. I sometimes wonder if the cheapness of the Chinese brands is actually a curse. If all rubbers cost as much as xiom / proton / spectol / tango ultra I'd definitely have tried less equipment which no doubt would have made me concentrate more on improving my game than chasing the holly grail of the perfect set up.

Looks like once I've got the proton, that'll be it for me for at least another year and I'll be concentrating on getting my technique right instead. Thanks for the feedback.

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!