OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 22:22

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject: Re: Andro Blowfish+
PostPosted: 05 Nov 2010, 19:02 
Super User

alaind wrote:
Blowfish :
"Already after short adaptation time, the short pimples of the BLOWFISH are your weapon to set every opponent under pressure ..." : RIGHT !
According to my own experience :
- easy to play with
- fast therefore powerful
- disruptive.

do you mean blowfish or blowfish+?

PostPosted: 28 Jun 2011, 07:12 
Super User

ilikepie wrote:
from what i know blowfish plus only has harder sponge than blowfish

blowfish+=vertical
blowfish=horizontal

PostPosted: 28 Apr 2015, 20:04 
Super User

There are many differences between Blowfish and Blowfish +.
The sponge is cream with + and yellow with the other.
The pips are cylindric with the + and conic with de other.
The pips are larger and there is no space on the base of the Blowfish. When Blowfish + pips are spaced by each other.

Tomorrow, I will test the Blowfish + and I will be able to compare properties in the game.

Blade: Dotec Ovtcharov All +

FH: Friendship 802-40 2mm
BH: DMS Transformer 1mm

PostPosted: 30 May 2015, 09:39 
Super User

Blade: Barna Original Triumph
FH: Yasaka Rakza PO max.
BH: DMS Störkraft 0.8
just realized that i never contributed to this thread

played the last quarter of this years season with the blowfish+ in 1.8 and must say its a really great short pip. its rather hard, fast, has enough grip to generate spin but is rather insensitive to incoming spin at the same time, which sounds like a contradiction. due to this its rather easy to block with and to hit through loops. the balltrajectory is rather low. compared to other short pimples, the blowfish has a rather strong disruptive effect...blocks come with a flat trajectory and when you hit with it, the opponents return will tend to sink into the net.

PostPosted: 29 Jan 2019, 06:14 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: BBC 400
FH: Victax VO > 102
BH: GD Attack Long
I play SP on my forehand at about the US1800 level. BH is OX MP.

Specs for this rubber are in this site's Rubber Mass Database. Of note, this rubber's label area is huge so I ended up cutting off all but the ITTF number rectangle and still had plenty left to reach past the tip of my blade.

I have recently been switching between TSP Spinpips RED, Nittaku Moristo SP Ax, and now Andro Blowfish+. This Blowfish+ is black 2.0mm and it's on a stiff OFF+ blade from BBC. Blowfish+'s biggest difference from the aforementioned SPs is that its pips are vertically aligned; the other two being horizontal. This makes it play very differently for a shakehander like myself, most notably the ball path is much lower and requires a much flatter hit-though-the-ball traditional SP stroke than the other two SPs which can be played like a low-spin inverted.

Blowfish+'s sponge and topsheet are harder than Spinpips RED and Moristo SP Ax to the degree that a fairly hard stroke is required to engage the pip and control the ball. On too many occasions, I'll start a corner-to-corner FH warmup rally with an opponent or practice partner, and not wanting to blast the ball too fast, I'll use a gentle stroke only to see the ball slip off the pips and die in the net. If I apply more force and hit flatter, the ball will clear the net reliably but by then it's screaming fast and isn't what I'd call a social rallying pace.

Ball path is low and shows noticeable sink when hit flat. Speed is such that it's not uncommon for opponents to hit the ball down onto their side of the table when rushed, badly misjudging the lack of spin. It makes a slight corky pop when hit hard which is nice change from Moristo SP Ax which is pretty much silent.

Speed is slower than Moristo SP Ax and a tad faster than Spinpips RED from what I remember about Spinpips RED.

Service spin not up to either of these other two, but still dangerous to some.

Spin resistance is good -- a tad better, perhaps, than Moristo SP Ax -- but not up to the freaky spin-killing ability of Spinpips RED.

I feel my game could be most dangerous with Blowfish+ but it's going to take further retooling of my stroke and increased power output to make this rubber work as intended.

On deck in my SP quiver is newly-acquired JOOLA Express Ultra, an ancient SP by comparison, but still surprisingly relevant in the 40+ ball era according to my brief testing last week. And very corky!

PostPosted: 24 Feb 2019, 10:13 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: BBC 400
FH: Victax VO > 102
BH: GD Attack Long
Spent another practice session with this SP. Really a different animal compared to the horizontally-oriented SPs I usually play with, requiring an altogether different/flatter stroke to get the ball up and over the net. The problem is, for all that trouble this makes for the sender, i.e. me, the receiver isn't sufficiently troubled for me to justify retooling my FH SP stroke. Next..!

PostPosted: 30 May 2019, 07:02 
Super User

Blade: Sanwei Fextra 7
FH: PALIO AK47 Red
BH: Dr. Neubauer K.O. Pro 1.5
Tried B+ on Andro Fibercomb Def. Did not like its hard lifeless feel. Probably B+ needs more powerful blade.
SpinLord Waran feels much better on this blade for me.

Crisp feel means control of SPs for me.