OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 19 Mar 2024, 12:04

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 05 Sep 2010, 06:30 

That sounds like the game I play except with anti on back hand. I always try to feed DEAD balls to the long pips, very the depth and speed untill I find the one they hate. Always have to mix up a little backspin for deceptions sake. I enjoy playing lp and such. Most of them aree not use to playing against there own style

Tri-carbon HAMMER

PostPosted: 05 Sep 2010, 07:15 
Darth Pips
Darth Pips

Blade: Stiga Cybershape Carbon
FH: Butterfly Tenergy 19 2.1
BH: Dr Neubauer ABS3 1.5
With the Pogo, if I see a long dead ball I generally try to smack it. Or, I'd slide over and loop a dead ball. As a long pips hitter, I love playing anti. When I hit with them, it's really difficult for the anti player to return. :devil:

FH Rubber: Butterfly Tenergy 19 2.1
BH Rubber: Dr Neubauer ABS3 1.5

PostPosted: 05 Sep 2010, 07:42 

Yes. That's what I do against the long pips and such. I get the option to play against quite a few of them. So i stay in practice. Hard to loop that real dead dropping anti shot. 10 years of playing of it helps. Hope to make a tourney in your neighborhood over the next year.

Tri-carbon HAMMER

PostPosted: 05 Sep 2010, 07:52 
Devil may cry
Devil may cry

I've only played 2 people like that and one of them is Bvtauir, they were double pip users SP/LP.
I like to attack them back with my lp, as it's a sink ball and if they tried to hit it, it will go all over the place. I think I would be defensive and chop heavy and ploatf, I think if they are a pip hitter they would miss alot.

PostPosted: 05 Sep 2010, 08:38 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
I tend to try and give them dead balls as well, and vary the pace and depth. This tend to draw the mistakes or at least stop them from hitting.

PostPosted: 05 Sep 2010, 11:25 
Darth Pips
Darth Pips

Blade: Stiga Cybershape Carbon
FH: Butterfly Tenergy 19 2.1
BH: Dr Neubauer ABS3 1.5
Don, aren't you playing the Badger Open?

FH Rubber: Butterfly Tenergy 19 2.1
BH Rubber: Dr Neubauer ABS3 1.5

PostPosted: 05 Sep 2010, 11:34 

:@ unfortunatly No. Was trying to but to many other problems arose. But will try next time

Tri-carbon HAMMER

PostPosted: 05 Sep 2010, 17:01 
Devil may cry
Devil may cry

I think the possibilities for him is more restricted and you can plan out a way on beating him.
I think some of us have very slow setups with thin rubbers, so we dont have much power to use besides a flat hit, which is hopefully enough to kill the point.
I think using pimples, we can use our speed variations and spin variations to draw out more errors.
I think if your double inverted you can power through that hole, if he is hitting there would be a degree of topspin, but the ball doesnt kick but drops, just try adjusting to the ball and it should work okay.
Speedplay, does my imaginary opponent like your friend. How is he with topspin and backspin? What does he normally do?

PostPosted: 05 Sep 2010, 17:35 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

speedplay wrote:
Some shot's come at me pretty fast, but when I try to block them back, they carry noenergy at all, so the ball just dies of my rubber.

That sounds like a relative lack of spin as what's causing the ball to die, it can be adjusted for but you need to have some carry in your stroke.

PostPosted: 05 Sep 2010, 19:55 
Two Winged Warrior

Maybe we should add 2 options at the start of these topics: What to do as a pips players against that style, and what to do as a double inverted player :D
I gain absolutely nothing with tips like: I feed dead balls with my anti. If it works for you it's fine, but as a double inverted player it doesn't help me :rofl:
I played one last season, and I still have nightmares, brr.

PostPosted: 06 Sep 2010, 00:15 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: BBC 400
FH: Victax VO > 102
BH: GD Attack Long
speedplay wrote:
Would appreciate if people tried to stay on to the topic ;)

We have a LP hitter in the club, used to be a blocker but have now begun to hit a lot with his LP and I can see the difficulties some of Tat's opponents are having.

I've found that even if he can counter hard drives, he have a lot more problem countering heavy spin, so slow loops with plenty of spin is what I prefer to give him to his pips side.
I love hitting right through such loops, taking them with LP BH right off the bounce. I find dead balls to be more effective but nothing a sidewsipe can't handle/cause greater havoc to the originator.

PostPosted: 06 Sep 2010, 02:17 
Super User

I'm an allround two sided inverted player myself. Allround in that my key strength is my addaptability to my opponent's playing style. So I can either play a good attacking game or a very strong defensive game.

I'm assuming it's a lp hitter who plays close to the table Then make sure your shots on his lp are as close to the white line as possible. Start out mixing up dead floaters and heavy backspin, slow heavy topspins to see what he has the most problems with.

Another important point is to find the player's weak point (crossover point) and do find out how good a forehand that player has (especially on his cross over point). In general a lp player who prefers to hit as much balls with his backhand lp will not have his footwork in order to produce good forehand topspin. So forcing him to try and loop on a heavy backspin push can be an easy way to force errors on such a player.

And do use a serve that gives you an easy to handle third ball. Too many players try out all their heavy spin serves against lp only to get really nasty balls back with which they are unable to cope. So the best serves are those that the lp player can't attack and can only push back at you.

PostPosted: 06 Sep 2010, 02:21 
Super User

nathanso wrote:
speedplay wrote:
Would appreciate if people tried to stay on to the topic ;)

We have a LP hitter in the club, used to be a blocker but have now begun to hit a lot with his LP and I can see the difficulties some of Tat's opponents are having.

I've found that even if he can counter hard drives, he have a lot more problem countering heavy spin, so slow loops with plenty of spin is what I prefer to give him to his pips side.
I love hitting right through such loops, taking them with LP BH right off the bounce. I find dead balls to be more effective but nothing a sidewsipe can't handle/cause greater havoc to the originator.

And that's why those loops have to be very deep on the table to give the lp hitter very little room to actually hit/punch the ball. :)

PostPosted: 06 Sep 2010, 04:18 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: 729 HS Champion carbon
FH: Razka X max, black
BH: SavigaV LP 1.0 red/green
As a variant of the "loop slow-heavy topspin" to their LP side (which most cannot hit back but can be blocked back with significant spin reversal) I think DEEP topspin lobs are effective. I don't know many/any who can handle those with LP-if they have good footwork then have to run around or flip their paddle to inverted to attack.

PostPosted: 07 Sep 2010, 22:07 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Blade: Bty Gergely T5000
FH: TSP Regalis Blue Max
BH: Tibhar Grass Dtecs
Two of the players I beat for the first time last night are both LP hitters. Its taken me a while to overcome them, getting closer before, but never quite succeeding. Keeping the ball low is the first priority. Putting the ball deep into them is also necessary as they hit soon off the bounce generally. In fact this is the game I am developing myself. I tend to hit straight down the BH to FH line with the pips, whereas the players I played last night tended to attack BH to BH cross court more. I find the BH to BH shot easier to defend from my pips as long as I can get a decent stroke on it. If forced into a reflex "put the bat out" type of shot, there generally isn't enough power to carry the ball back over the net. Most LP hits down the FH side are much harder to get the right amount of lift and power off the inverted in my experience of sending them and receiving them.

S/U 3: Blade: Bty Gergely . No rubbers...thinking of adding Red Dtecs and Black Rasant
Aussie Table Tennis Shop / Aussie Table Tennis Facebook Page / Equipment Review Index / Read my Reb Report Blog: click here.