OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 18 Apr 2024, 15:48

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 28 Jun 2013, 16:01 
Super User

Inspired by bcbcbc's topic on sidewipe strokes with lp http://ooakforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=2104&start=15, I have found a new professional mentor that deserves her own page here on OOAK:

According to forum member dr.nikk64, Zhou Xintong's profile is as follows:

Read in MyTT ":Originally posted by AJay

Regarding Zhou Xintong, this is what a Chinese webpage reported.

周昕彤简历:籍贯:辽宁沈阳;年龄:93年生;身高:160CM;体重:48KG 俱乐部:八一U17队(现国家女二队); 打法:直板正手长胶反手生胶; 球板:直板尼塔库Runlo5; 胶皮:正手 大维388D-1,反手 TSP Spectol 球鞋:美津浓

Translation:
Liaoning Province, YOB 1993, Height 160cm. Weight 48Kg, Club - Bayi U17, CNT B team, Penholder, FH LP, BH MP, Blade Nittaku Runlox-5, FH rubber Dawei 388D-1, BH rubber TSP Spectol, Shoes Mizuno

Just noticed that this information must be somewhat old, given that she was born in 1993 and served on Bayi U17 team."

My own personal reasons for starting Zhou's page:

- her style is a complete lp style game that imo lies on the safe side in comparison to someone like Haruna Fukuoka who seems to be much more aggressive but uses similar equipment ie ox lp on one side of the blade
- her style, although penhold, is the next step up from pushblocking shakehand style using only the backhand in that she serves with her sp twiddles to her lp and uses mostly sideswipe pushes but ocassionaly hits with her penhold fh, using the same red lp.
- in addition, she uses clearly uses chop blocks both fh and bh; a fh roll over; and probably other lp strokes that I didnt detect
- her penhold fh against moira in the video below seems to be shall we say, on the safe side, in that she does not over hit
- her style is effective against above average attackers like Kim Minhee which for me is the crucial element in selecting her to be my new youtube mentor; KMH has great attacking ability from what I have seen in other vids but she was completely neutralized
- from personal experience, playing attackers with superior ability and consistency, who relentlessly attack without mercy and never miss, either call for a solution that involves a counter attack of some degree OR a more elegant solution like the playing style of Zhou.

Here are some vids:

PostPosted: 28 Jun 2013, 16:27 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
Very nice timeout! Definitely worth a dedicated thread! :up: :up: :up:

I love her return of serve!

PostPosted: 28 Jun 2013, 16:31 
Super User

Gotta add that another major reason for admiring Xintong's style, whatever you want to call it, is that she has a complete set of lp strokes but she uses them in a wise way. It seems that the default stroke for her bh side is the sideswipe, and she'll use this most of the time. She will also throw in lp fh's which are very reliable. The impression that I get from this young lady is that, one, pips are important and required for this style and two, it is equally important to have a wide selection of pip strokes, and three that you use the safest of these lp strokes most of the time...mixing in slightly riskier lp strokes as the situation arises and then going back...could be wrong here...

so I guess what I'm trying to say is it's ok to use an lp/lp setup and push with it aggressively, occasionally hitting with the fh side. And it doesnt really matter what pips you use...

PostPosted: 28 Jun 2013, 16:32 
Super User

Once again, thank you haggisv.

(She gives me hope.)

PostPosted: 28 Jun 2013, 16:35 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
She would be a really good one to try and get an interview... try and find out how she learned her unique strokes and style.

I would have no idea how to contact her though, nor do I know if she speak any English.

PostPosted: 29 Jun 2013, 13:49 
Super User

That is a tall order Big Guy.

I have a contact at a local radio station that might be useful and I know of one club member who advertises for a training program in China...

This might take a while so don't hold your breath ;)

PostPosted: 29 Jun 2013, 15:30 
Any Which Way You Can
Any Which Way You Can

I must say I am quickly becoming a real big fan of Zhou. Her style is so unique. Kind of makes me wanna go back to my penhold style :?: Thanks for sharing the videos. That doubles match is so incredible as well :rock:

PostPosted: 29 Jun 2013, 16:19 

Join her fan club. :) I am satisfied with my current setup, but I'm going to buy Dawei 388D-1 QUATTRO (red 1,2) - € 10 and try it out on my prehistoric BTY CHINESE STYLE-L /ВH-Darker VLON-S (Purple).

PostPosted: 30 Jun 2013, 12:09 
Super User

One of the questions on my mind as I watch and rewatch these vids is, can this style work if you are a shakehander who is mostly a pushblocker with lp on the bh? Will this style work best only for a penhold style?

Zhous style depends on her fh just as much as her bh pushes - it seems easier to play like her, if you go all the way, and play penold. Just easier and quicker to utilize the fh.

PostPosted: 01 Jul 2013, 06:39 

love her style - is she using ox or sponge LP

PostPosted: 03 Jul 2013, 13:56 
Super User

It looks like Red is OX LP but I am not sure.

Anyways I sent an email to some spammer in China about Xintong Zhou but I don't expect much from this lead. I have a few other channels that could pan out but don't expect too much from this noobie OOAK reporter.

PostPosted: 03 Jul 2013, 14:05 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

timeout wrote:
It looks like Red is OX LP but I am not sure.

Anyways I sent an email to some spammer in China about Xintong Zhou but I don't expect much from this lead. I have a few other channels that could pan out but don't expect too much from this noobie OOAK reporter.

She uses red Dawei 388D-1 ox, the same as many Chinese penhold LP blockers whom I've played against. There's really no magic in her LP rubber, just solid technique and training.

PostPosted: 04 Jul 2013, 13:11 
Super User

I'm actually putting some effort into this search for Zhou's contact info... nothing to report. :n:

In fact it would be a lot easier to do an interview with Sumi Lee since I've written to her before and she knows that I am not nuts. :?:

PostPosted: 09 Dec 2013, 18:35 
Super User

PostPosted: 12 Dec 2013, 14:06 
Super User

Kim was steaming mad at the end :headbang: