OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
Live Table Tennis Videos Table Tennis News Live OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 15 Dec 2017, 19:59

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 04 Nov 2016, 04:41 
Super User

[Edited multiple times]
Blade:
--Runlox cpen is out of production.
But in my opinion (based on a careful analysis of the sound of various blades with these rubbers mounted, and photos) her earlier blade, the one she was using in most of the available videos, with the handle that said "Runlox", can't be a production Runlox, and can't even be koto/spruce. I think it was actually close to an Allround Classic (5.3mm, 3.3mm core), and that's what I'm using.
--Her later blade, Bizelox cpen (mine is 5.8mm thick, 3.8mm core), is also out of production.
Allround Evolution can be found at 5.8 +/- .2mm). I have a 5.7 and a 6.0, both with 3.8mm core.
Sweden Classic near 5.45mm with a 3.5mm core would be a fine compromise between the "Runlox" and Bizelox.
--SUMMARY: Any limba/ayous between Allround Classic and Allround Evolution should serve well! (But an Allround Classic at 5.3mm with a core of 3.3mm, with these rubbers mounted, actually matches the tone of her "tok" (with rubbers mounted)).

Rubber:
--The long pips was regular, not Quattro. I am certain of this from the color and reflectivity. The regular is darker red and shiny while Quattro is slightly whitish, slightly more opaque, and dullish.
--Zooming into some good quality images taken from videos, and only with the blade in her hand, I have never seen any sponge under the long pips.
--I'm using Spectol Speed 1.7-1.9. Sometimes her sponge looks thinner than that (vs. Wu Yang for example), and sometimes it seems right (vs. LXX for example).

[To measure cores to tenths of millimeters I used a micrometer, took a photo, then zoomed into the photo.]

Last edited by Zhaoyang on 04 Dec 2017, 01:55, edited 5 times in total.

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 01 Dec 2017, 05:21 
Super User

I edited the above post.

The tone of the "tok" (see this thread: viewtopic.php?f=43&t=31831) of her blade whose handle said "Runlox" (but with rubbers mounted) varied from 760-795Hz in various matches. It was normal sized, as I proved by counting the pips. :-) [Edit: found one at 805Hz from a game in 2017, see two posts down. So the range is 760-805.]

I provide these numbers for your curiosity. "Take them for what they're worth":
700 Wu Yang's Defplay (in match vs. ZXT)
759 VKMD, 5.0mm, 2.9mm core, Spectol Speed 1.7-1.9 and 388D-1 OX
787 Allround Classic, limba/ayous 5.3mm, 3.3mm core, Spectol Speed 1.7-1.9 and 388D-1 OX << this one. :-)
823 Sweden Classic, limba/ayous 5.45mm, 3.5mm core, Spectol Speed 1.7-1.9 and 388D-1 OX < see footnote 1.
835 ZXT's Bizelox < Looks like she did not stick with this.
841 my Bizelox (limba/ayous 5.8mm, 3.8mm core) (don't remember what rubbers were on it)

This Hurricane Hao is koto/spruce 5.6mm (close to the advertised specs of a real Runlox), 3.1mm core:
822 HHao Skyline 2, 388D-1 .5 (more rubber weight than ZXT)
870 (estimate, with correct weight of rubber) < see footnote 2.
885 HHao Challenger Attack 1.9, 388D-1 OX (less rubber weight than ZXT)

Footnote 1: If she used a lot of glue (heavy glue layers) and/or her Spectol sponge was even heavier than standard Spectol Speed and/or the blade face is heavily dressed near the handle, then the "tok" of this Sweden Classic could also be pulled down into the range 760-805.
Footnote 2: So, I don't believe it was a Runlox, nor even koto/spruce (I have other evidence too). So she did *not* change from koto/spruce to limba/ayous mid-career.

Last edited by Zhaoyang on 02 Dec 2017, 20:51, edited 4 times in total.

PostPosted: 01 Dec 2017, 05:52 
Super User

She is playing for a Croatian team, "Dr. Časl" (pronounced approximately chasl).
She joined about six months ago and has played at least two matches so far, one on 13OCT, defeating Polina Mikhailova (who we also love) 3-0.

Since she's playing in a European league there's a good chance for video, even live. But her team is "Group C" (which I think means weaker?) and so less likely to be followed.

At the following page you can view scores and sometimes follow these matches live, and see results and the schedule.
http://www.ettu.org/en/events/seamaster ... n/results/ .

Many videos of this women's league are here. She has not appeared yet.
http://www.laola1.tv/en-int/channel/ett ... ague-women

It looks like, even though her team is Group C, if she is paired against one of the most popular players the match is more likely to be available, as some of those videos at the above link were of Group C.

Last edited by Zhaoyang on 02 Dec 2017, 06:48, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 01 Dec 2017, 13:09 
Super User

Hey, it's Zhou Xintong day (see my previous posts)!

I said in 2016 in this thread that "she has pumped up the offense quite a bit", and posted some links to videos. Now I have found a video of a game dated 2017 that offers a great example. It starts a little ugly, at 2-2 and 3-7 against her, and this time she's the one acting frustrated, but stick with it. Sorry, this video sometimes must buffer for a few minutes.

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMjc1MTczM ... ~A#paction

[P.S. I verified with spectrum analyzer (see two posts above) that there's no reason to worry about what appears to be a new blade in this video. :-) ]

Last edited by Zhaoyang on 02 Dec 2017, 06:51, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 02 Dec 2017, 06:31 
Super User

Zhaoyang wrote:
Hey, it's Zhou Xintong day (see my previous posts)!

I said in 2016 in this thread that "she has pumped up the offense quite a bit". I found a video of a game dated 2017 that offers a great example. It starts a little ugly, at 2-2 and 3-7 against her, and this time she's the one acting frustrated, but stick with it. Sorry, this video sometimes must buffer for a few minutes.

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMjc1MTczM ... ~A#paction

[P.S. I verified with spectrum analyzer (see two posts above) that there's no reason to worry about what appears to be a new blade in this video. :-) ]

Wow that's some good video quality. Nice.

Also pressed how she was attacking more with the LPs on the forehand. Amazing. Great share.