OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 17:16

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 19 Nov 2013, 09:32 

My question is what do you do when you have two coaches that both teach you different techniques. It is difficult for me to get taught by one coach and then the next day get taught by different coach, however when I go back to the first coach, I get accused of forgetting my technique, simply because I get confused. :headbang:
I am not think of dropping any of them.
I also understand that having different perspectives is good in training, but I like to be consistent and not change to a completely different technique every time. :(
Are there any techniques/ideas to help me?

Thanks

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 19 Nov 2013, 09:41 
Smack Attack!
Smack Attack!

There is nothing wrong with having your say. just tell the coaches one reason is because I get told thing from him and another from him (especially if vastly different stroke is concerned)
If you don't say anything then you will be spending half your time re-adjusting,
maybe both not wrong just different ways of getting the same result

having said that If you believe one coach is more help, try and use them more
but you will gather information from everyone and how you can store and use for you own benifit

Table Tennis abbreviations, and acronyms

PostPosted: 19 Nov 2013, 09:49 
Roar Talent
Roar Talent

Blade: Tiago Apolonia ZLC
FH: Rhyzer 50
BH: Donic Acuda Blue P3
Stick to one coach. You should decide whom you shold drop. Or there should be one main coach and other teachings should revolve around it.

PostPosted: 19 Nov 2013, 09:56 
A.D.D.I.C.T.T.
A.D.D.I.C.T.T.

Blade: Victas Koji Matsushita ZC
FH: BTY Dignics 64 (2.1mm)
BH: Victas P1V (1.5mm)
Having two coaches could be disastrous for you, I'd imagine it will be incredibly confusing.

"Don't take such a long backswing, it makes you too slow".. "Yeah take your bat nice and far back because it'll help you turn your waist and get extra power". Who's right? Whichever suits your game better - but if you're just developing your game you'll have no idea which suits your game yet!

[Other gear I've used]
Blades: Butterfly Defence 3, Butterfly Defence Pro, Butterfly Innerforce ZLC, Butterfly Innershield, DHS Power G7, Stiga Offensive Classic Carbon
SPs: Friendship 802 (1.5), TSP Spectol (1.3, 1.8, 2.1), TSP Spectol Speed (1.3), TSP Super Spinpips Chop Sponge 2 (0.5, 1.3)
LPs: Butterfly Feint Long II (1), Butterfly Feint Long III (0.5, 1.3), Tibhar Grass D.TecS (OX), TSP Curl P1-R (0.5, 1, 1.3), TSP Curl P4 (1.3)

PostPosted: 19 Nov 2013, 10:05 

dunc wrote:
Having two coaches could be disastrous for you, I'd imagine it will be incredibly confusing.

"Don't take such a long backswing, it makes you too slow".. "Yeah take your bat nice and far back because it'll help you turn your waist and get extra power". Who's right? Whichever suits your game better - but if you're just developing your game you'll have no idea which suits your game yet!

Yes Dunc! This is exactly my point! ^ One coach tells me one thing and then the other tells me something else!

PostPosted: 19 Nov 2013, 13:17 
Pips for Breakfast! Mmmm. Beary Nice!
Pips for Breakfast! Mmmm. Beary Nice!

This can be a tough question without knowing what sort of player you want to be. Do you know or are you still working that out?

If the answer is that you still don't quite know, then getting coaching from a number of sources is not necessarily a bad thing. As you try out the advice and techniques you're shown you should start to feel what's right for you. I can't see it as a bad thing to learn a number of different techniques and then as you develop you'll decide which to focus on.

If you have a pretty good idea of the things you need to train and be coached in, then it might be wise to drop the coach that isn't adding anything to your game.

If you can't decide at this stage, then you have to be smart about it. Maybe you'll find that each coach can focus on different but complimentary parts of your game. For example, let's say you want to develop an attacking game. Maybe one coach is more suited to helping you develop your attacking strokes, while the other coach helps with things like footwork and serves. I could see that having two coaches might open up plenty about strategy and tactics.

There will probably come a day - not too far away - when you will have to decide between one or the other.

Weapon 1: Andro Kinetic Supreme Hinoki/Zylon OFF-; Andro Hexer HDs (FH 2.1/BH 1.9)
Weapon 2: Ross Leidy 'Smokey'; Friendship 729-5s
Club1: Daylesford - since 2010
Club2: Ballarat - since 2011

Blog: A Naked Bear