OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 00:47

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 08 Mar 2014, 04:04 

I like to play defensive game mostly chopping and pushing BH And FH and loop drive FH . I've got a hole in my game (well several actually but I want to work on them one at a time) that pop ups or med high pushes off to my BH I cant put away. I usually push it back safely or I try to get around it with a FH smash/loop drive. Problems arise when they block it back to my vacated FH side and I Cant get back quick enough. IF i do, pace quickens up so it becomes a topspin rally which goes too quickly that I Wont have time to step back and chop and slow things down. Usually would lose this point eventually within 2-5 back and forth top spin exchanges.

I think I need to develop a BH smash. Question is do I work on BH hitting it with pips ( I just recently switched to Dtecs) or Practice inverted smash/loop drive so I can twiddle? Which would easier/quicker t o learn and what would be better to develop in the long run?Hopefully I can develop both but if you had to choose, which one would you recommend I try to be good at first? PRos and cons using one or the other?

Rated 1048 if that makes any difference.

Experimental Blade : Victas Koji Matushista Def : TSP Curl P1r LP .6 sponge : Giant Dragon Submarine Chop

My Blog
viewtopic.php?f=58&t=25085

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 08 Mar 2014, 04:35 
Super User

the back hand pick hit with LP is an imperative stroke in the LP arsenal. I would say learn this shot with the LP. Learning how to exchange/block on the back hand with the inverted side is also important, but this shot I think should be done with the LP.

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!