OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 12:53

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject: How to efficiently chop
PostPosted: 30 Jun 2015, 14:47 

Being a beginner I have been trying to chop while serve. That also helps me to do a slow and low serve. The problem I have experienced many times is that constantly doing such serves leads to breaking the racket handle. The racket at times breaks into two pieces. I think this is possibly due to the jerk that adds up while doing a chop serve.

Any guidance on how to hold the racket for such chop serves or tips on what I could be doing wrong would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 30 Jun 2015, 22:20 

shahamit wrote:
Being a beginner I have been trying to chop while serve. That also helps me to do a slow and low serve. The problem I have experienced many times is that constantly doing such serves leads to breaking the racket handle. The racket at times breaks into two pieces. I think this is possibly due to the jerk that adds up while doing a chop serve.

Any guidance on how to hold the racket for such chop serves or tips on what I could be doing wrong would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Wow! you must have wrists like a weight lifter! I would suggest that a handle snapping is a problem with you bat. Do you mean to tell us that you have broken a blade more then once (or even once for that matter) I have seen blades break. mostly one piece blades, and those are always splits not breaks.

You should never be able to break a blade on a serve. I always change my grip on the serve. I'm mostly holding the blade between my pointing finger and my thumb and don't even really hold the handle. What brand blade did you break?

Attachment:
shakehandservinggrips_200x172.jpg
shakehandservinggrips_200x172.jpg [ 5.74 KiB | Viewed 1550 times ]

Yasaka balsa plus/ RITC 837/ RITC 755 (friendship)
Newgy 1040 robot

PostPosted: 01 Jul 2015, 14:21 

Yes, I have been holding the racket as you show in the pic, probably a lot of chopping along with the fact that the racket was not a branded one. Thanks for the reply

PostPosted: 03 Jul 2015, 07:19 
Super User

Blade: Butterfly Defence Alpha
FH: Donic Slice 40 CD 1.5 mm
BH: LKTStrgr+KokBLuJap 1.1 mm
Unless
- you are hitting something other than ball, table or poor team mate for example, or
- Thrown, or frisbeed, or,
- you are blood related to Hulk, or Conan, or Samson, or Hercules, etc :)

I just cant guess, how you break your blade :)