OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 20 Apr 2024, 06:38

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 29 Oct 2015, 23:00 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Blade: Bty Gergely T5000
FH: TSP Regalis Blue Max
BH: Tibhar Grass Dtecs
NextLevel wrote:
Reb,

As a USATT tournament vet, I am speaking in that context. Yes, this is not high level play, but it is not basement level play either. There is enough spin and consistency in the play there that the strategies we told him have value. That is not the case with many players I know who post these kinds of threads.

Yes absolutely. William has great potential. This thread may have began as "how do I beat this style", but really it comes down to what most people strive for in TT...improving themselves. And of course that is the only way to beat the blocker as well. The advice being given is all valuable if William chooses to heed it. With a workplace like his and so many players involved, its a great base to take TT a small step further in America. At the moment they are effectively "garage players" (albeit with greater skill than most), but could be a big shot in the arm of USATT....where else could it get more than a hundred new members in one place? If William and a few others there take a step up in their game, it will be contagious for many more in his workplace I'd say (if they are competitive and have it demonstrated how much better the skill level can be). So far the people and the company have taken great steps to make a TT culture there. With a little help it could be even bigger and better....for example, the company sending teams to USATT tournaments. If the game is improving work focus now, a focus on improving the TT, can only be good for the workplace too. I don't know if there is any other workplaces like this, but imagine what could happen in TT numbers if this became a "model" workplace practice in the US. We've long talked about ways to do that on this forum, with few real answers. This presents as a then seeds of a great opportunity for you guys . Am I wrong?

S/U 3: Blade: Bty Gergely . No rubbers...thinking of adding Red Dtecs and Black Rasant
Aussie Table Tennis Shop / Aussie Table Tennis Facebook Page / Equipment Review Index / Read my Reb Report Blog: click here.

PostPosted: 01 Nov 2015, 01:31 
Super User

Blade: XVT Balsa Carbon 10mm all
FH: Xiom Sigma Pro 2 2.0
BH: Globe 979 OX
I call the guy your playing, a gamer, that type of player is hard to play. I play that way left-handed. It still amazes me the problems it causes.

You have to be a gamer yourself to beat
that type of player.

Cpen SOS Wood / 4H 729 802-40 2.0 / BH GD Talon use righthanded shakehand grip
HARDBAT / Shakehand Hock 3 ply / Friendship Dr Evil OX .. Play Right-handed