OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 18:06

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject: I can not recognize if
PostPosted: 14 Nov 2016, 00:55 

Hi
If any one do spinned services fast, I can not understand if i must response topspin or underspin. In other words, I can not recognize my opponent type of service. What should i do?Please let me know in video tutorial

PostPosted: 14 Nov 2016, 22:15 
CTRL_ALT_Loop
CTRL_ALT_Loop

If you can't determine incoming spin, try to apply a lot of spin in your stroke. When you apply your own spin, the incoming spin plays a smaller role for your return. Also, consider the possibility that there is no spin (a no spin ball can feel like a really weird spin in some situations).

The options I consider for this situation are: attack with banana flick when close to the table, loop from any distance, or chop hard if you are forced to back away from the table.

PostPosted: 14 Nov 2016, 22:59 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

This is not an uncommon state of affairs - being able to read serves is a matter of learning, the more you do it the better you get at it. If there is a huge mismatch in abilities between you and your opponent then you are going to have a tough time of it in any case... like when I tried returning some of Brett's serves. Didn't get a single one back. The fix? The usual one - more practice!

You might also try downloading Brett's app. Just playing those serves at slow speed reveals a lot.. not to mention you can use it as a tool for developing your OWN serves, too.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 14 Nov 2016, 23:03 
Super User

Blade: Timo Boll Spirit
FH: H3 neo 40 Degrees
BH: Tenergy 05
yeap try having a practice partner, and play more against those serves. In time you'll learn to adjust to the spin etc.

PostPosted: 14 Nov 2016, 23:37 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

One thing you do NOT want to do is try to find rubbers which don't react to spin - at least, not until you learn to read spin. For one thing, the totally invulnerable rubber doesn't exist - even slick rubbers require that you be able to read incoming spin. It might help you deal with extremely fast and spinny shots but if you can't tell if a serve has topspin or backspin you will still end up netting or popping it up.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 16 Nov 2016, 22:51 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Blade: Bty Gergely T5000
FH: TSP Regalis Blue Max
BH: Tibhar Grass Dtecs
Megh500 is in China guys, which is why he asks for video links. I'm not sure he would understand what "Brett's App" is or whether he can download it or not. Megh500, can you download Apple or Android Apps? If you can, the app being referred to is the Table Tennis Edge Brain Training App. It would be a very useful thing for you to use, but you need a phone or tablet to download and use it.

S/U 3: Blade: Bty Gergely . No rubbers...thinking of adding Red Dtecs and Black Rasant
Aussie Table Tennis Shop / Aussie Table Tennis Facebook Page / Equipment Review Index / Read my Reb Report Blog: click here.

PostPosted: 17 Nov 2016, 07:57 

He won't have access to the play store.

Try learning how to do your opponent's serves, all spin types. This will help you to recognise spin.