OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 17:40

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 18 Aug 2017, 02:12 
Super User

Blade: dr neubauer firewall +
FH: DHS skyline 3 neo 2.15 mm
BH: Dr. Neubauer Agressor 1.5
by the way you can explain all shot or even figure all shot that need to be done to counter any other one.

should i take the ball early or later, should I stay closed or far from the table to hit that ball, explaining the different lp reactions, or the best rubber for me etc....

Of course producing the exact shot to counter the opponant hit is all is ping-pong about. Exploiting the opponant weakness can be explain by making the opponant not be able to execute the perfect counter force to your ball. The best at this usually win the game.

PostPosted: 18 Aug 2017, 14:02 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

maddrag wrote:
Studying physics doesn't mean that it need necessary numbers or equations. It can just explain the action that is taking place by applying it to basics physics rules.

so,..... a ball is being hit with a certain force (producing speed) at a certain angle ( producing spin because of the friction created on the ball )

Physics equation

F (force) = M (mass) x A ( acceleration) ( physic equation)

M= mass of the ball + the mass of the body that hit the ball
A= acceleration of the ball created by the acceleration of the body of the hitter ( Feet, torso, arm, wrist)

To counter this force on the ball you need :

1- to oppose a stronger force and redirecte it on the opposite side of the table. So simply a stronger mass and a stronger acceleration of the counter will do the job. ( counter top spin explain that)

or if you can't have a stronger force than you can

2- Reduce the spin by absorbing the the force ( chop, chop block ) or by not having full contact with the opposing force like doing a side spin. ( chop or top)

of course here the blade and the rubber is in the equation. Some have less friction to the ball some are more absorbant etc...

There is also the force of the air that create friction on the ball that is spinning and making fall or lift depending if it is a top spin or underspin.

You can also add the gravity that create the ball to fall .

I can't draw on that forum but all of this are forces that add or nullify each other.

I hope I succeed to show you a bit of basics physics rule just for fun. :D

You haven't even come close. You're talking about loops, so you'll need to figure in spin which means angular momentum. You then have to figure out the maximum possible amount of spin it is humanly possible to produce. You then have to calculate the appropriate racket angle needed to block it back (you need to prove it's even possible to block it back), for this you need friction coefficients, the rate of spin decay as the ball travels from your opponent's racket to your own, the speed of the ball as it hits your racket...

What you've done above is an attempt at "snowing your audience" with some irrelevant equations (some people get intimidated with a few equations :lol: ). Or it's what some people call "arm waving" - making statements based on a few vague observations but not actually showing detailed proof with the actual numbers.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 19 Aug 2017, 03:21 
Super User

Blade: dr neubauer firewall +
FH: DHS skyline 3 neo 2.15 mm
BH: Dr. Neubauer Agressor 1.5
dear iskandar,

I totally understand your statement and funny enought it is totally the same as mine. We just use different language.

Peoples are not dum and can see it's the same. It's just not fun for them to read and see one arguing the other with some statement that are disrespectfull and this doesn't have place in this forum.

So for this I will stop to tell my viewpoint that I thought can bring understanding of the subject under a different viewpoint.