OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 15:21

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: 16 Dec 2017, 00:08 
Super User

Blade: VKMO
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Victas Spectol S1
[/quote]
I'm actually thinking about it; there's going to be one at MDTTC, if you're familiar with that place, during February, if my source of info is correct. I might go there with a couple friends I made over TT :whew: :rofl:
EDIT: Oooookaaaaaaayyy, there seems to be a slight problem; there's entry fees and you need a USATT membership to enter a tournament, and I don't have either of those, even in 2 months. Well. I'll wait and see[/quote]

OK... yes, most of things in this world are not free, and in TT almost none are. You would need at least 35$ to participate in MDTTC tournament: 15$ to enter one event (e.g. U1300, very reasonable fee, by the way) and 20$ tournament pass, don't need to buy yearly USATT membership. I'm not in a position to say whether this is something you can or can not carve out of your budget.[/quote]
That's actually great news for me!

Rating: Recreational Player

PostPosted: 16 Dec 2017, 00:26 
Ninja of the Holy Chtchet
Ninja of the Holy Chtchet

Blade: Koji Matsushita
FH: Tibhar MX-S Max
BH: Yasaka Rising Dragon 2.0
Dan, I got to MDTTC every now and then...in fact I'll be there for Capital Area League this Saturday.

Projects: Player Equipment Grid
Comprehensive Thin Inverted Chopping Rubbers Grid ⇝ Please send me corrections or new submissions

PostPosted: 16 Dec 2017, 15:45 

Hmmm Im thinking of going to the MDTTC sometime next month ... modern defender party?

PostPosted: 18 Dec 2017, 02:05 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

carbonman wrote:
Maybe 1300ish.
A number of thing to work on but start with footwork and balance.

Actually, I concur with Carbonman. Both players are somewhere between 1100-1300 USATT (not RC, which I don't have any idea about). Maybe 1400 tops. Or at least, this would've been true around 2000-2001 (the last time I played in the US). 1700-1800 players are generally a lot more consistent and hit and spin a lot harder. They can usually sustain attacks over more than 3-4 strokes. I don't see evidence for the "deadly forehand loop" of the opponent, he misses a great deal more than I do (and I was around 1300 back then).

Danthespearton HQ wrote:
pgpg wrote:
I'm actually thinking about it; there's going to be one at MDTTC, if you're familiar with that place, during February, if my source of info is correct. I might go there with a couple friends I made over TT :whew: :rofl:
EDIT: Oooookaaaaaaayyy, there seems to be a slight problem; there's entry fees and you need a USATT membership to enter a tournament, and I don't have either of those, even in 2 months. Well. I'll wait and see

Fees are usually pretty reasonable, especially for smaller, local tournaments. Anything else (unless you live in a big city) will cost money to get to, hotels, etc. and all this will cost quite a bit more than entrance fees anyway. If it's a day trip it shouldn't cost much at all. Do go with friends, it helps a lot.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 24 Dec 2017, 18:15 

Blade: Ross Leidy Cassandra
FH: Tenergy 05 fx
BH: Tsp p1r 1.0-1.3
https://youtu.be/nOWeonlhH5A
Do have another go. I think this video is more true to my real level and style. A FEW THINGS BEFORE YOU START GETTING SUPER JUDGY:-
1. I used a new blade today which was much slower on backhand and faster on forehand than my victas koji matsushita (courtesy of Ross Leidy). So ig am not used to it.
2. While I have bad movement in general, this pant made it even worse. This is why I missed a few easy chops I think. I couldnt get to position in time.
Lastly, loved playing with that girl even though I lost 4 straight sets. Would love to give another go after I get more fit and play more consistently. This is in Malaysia btw.

PostPosted: 24 Dec 2017, 23:47 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Oh really? Where?

Iskandar (in Malaysia)

PostPosted: 25 Dec 2017, 00:44 

It's called Table Tennis Shop. They have an fb page. It's around 8 km from main KL city. It doubles as a shop+ academy and it was like heaven, buying and playing. They charged 150 rm (around 40$ maybe) for a single session though. Perhaps it's cheaper if you are a resident. The main two coaches are national team players (met and played against one of them). He told me I could win against both of their prized pupils if I used my head a little (lost 4-0 against the girl in the video but every set was fairly close. Another boy of similar age I lost 3-2 and won 2-1). Need to play more games consistently to use it I guess xD

PostPosted: 25 Dec 2017, 01:43 

Also, will anyone do me a favour please and post the recent video in my thread in mytt (link in pg 2)? I go there but cannot post as it says authorisation/access denied. I tried logging out but it wont log out. And Iskander would love to play with you if I had known a bit earlier. My flight is today (25th), going back to Bangladesh.

PostPosted: 25 Dec 2017, 10:56 
Rambo Looper Spin First Ask Questions Later
Rambo Looper Spin First Ask Questions Later

Blade: Donic Persson Power Play
FH: Donic Bluestorm Z3
BH: Tibhar Aurus Soft
Dude, Iskander is a LONG TIME TT forumer. Too bad you just got into TT foruming. You woulda already set something up.

Status - Out of Business Janitor/Babysitter

PostPosted: 25 Dec 2017, 12:10 
Super User

Inferno, I definitely don't think you got owned; on the contrary, I think you did really well :party:
Huh, I wonder how I would do against her. I mean, I’m fairly sure my serve would give her problems but I dunno what would happen if we got into an actual rally :whew:

PostPosted: 25 Dec 2017, 13:23 

Yeahh both of our serves were kinda poor. But she wasn't as bad as I thought she would be in pushing and receiving. She is pretty experienced and game matured (more so than me).

PostPosted: 25 Dec 2017, 13:25 

Der I went to the shop a second day giving a lot of trouble to my family as it is pretty far xD Would definitely go again if we had more time here though.

PostPosted: 25 Dec 2017, 14:13 
Super User

By the way, why the change from the VKM to the Ross Leidy blade? Just curious :P

PostPosted: 25 Dec 2017, 18:14 

I tried to blame the tsp p1r's thick sponge on the VKM's speed xD (my chops flew past the table) so I asked Ross for a blade which is slower on the backhand and a bit faster on the forehand. After that I did get control on my chops with the VKM but since I already ordered the blade, I used it. And the bh was MUCH slower. My first 10 or so chops went to the net. After that got the hang of it a bit. Forehand felt similar but the tenergy 05 FX made it easier to block and push. Didn't also find a lack of speed on counterloops so ig Ross was right that it would be a tad bit faster. So basically I ordered it due to my lack of skill, but it turned out to be a perfect complement of my game, as the slow backhand means it is much easier to return fast loops. I'm probably never changing my set up unless I change my style.

PostPosted: 25 Dec 2017, 18:17 

In case anyone is interested in the blade composition:-
FH- Black Limba-Fir-Ayous core-Fir-Thin Balsa-Basswood-BH
Ross advised it would be better to use a similar composition as the VKM if I wanted less variables. It was made a BIT thicker than the VKM for the faster forehand. Backhand is much slower due to the Balsa and Basswood.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next