OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 16 Oct 2018, 16:59

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 09 Oct 2018, 07:16 

Blade: Butterfly Marcos Freitas
FH: Butterfly Tenergy 05
BH: Tibhar Grass D.tecs ox
I switched from inverted to long pips on backhand. I know how to use long pips against inverted rubbers, but I find trouble against other long pips. I'm using Grass D.tecs ox and a second setup with Giant Dragon Meteorite. Both become uncontrollable when I play against other long pips. Same problem have also most of the opponents, but those more experienced have no trouble.
Any advice on this matter? What should I do? How should I use my long pips to become more effective against other long pips.
Any suggestion would be useful, even a change in a setup.

PostPosted: 09 Oct 2018, 12:59 
Super User

Blade: S&T Black & White
FH: Armstrong SH-I 1.8
BH: TSP Curl P3 Alpha R OX
With choppers, I usually have enough time to move and return 90% of their shots with my FH inverted. With close to the table blockers/pushers like myself, my main strategy is to try to avoid LP to LP by directing most of my strokes to their inverted side. It is worth remembering also that if they are returning one of your inverted loops to your LP side off their LP it is coming to you with backspin which provides an opportunity for you to be aggressive with your LP and hit/swipe it back.

Outside of tournaments I don't get much opportunity to play against other LP players and I do not enjoy playing against my own species!

PostPosted: 09 Oct 2018, 14:08 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: BBC Ghost
FH: TSP Spinpips RED
BH: Dr Neubauer Aggressor 0.6
Some LPs simply dominate other LPs in awkward dead-to-dead ball rallies. I have found that Talon OX is fairly dominant in this field. Aggressor 1.5 was surprisingly dominant against OX LP.. like 11-2 domination. If you're not up for changing horses then focus on adding exaggerated sideswipe to your returns of those awkward inbound wobblers.

PostPosted: 10 Oct 2018, 07:50 

I've found usually the more experienced (or higher rated) long pips player will win, but not always. Different long pips and pips players have different strengths and weaknesses and the key is to find out your opponent's and try to control the points and not fall into rallies you know are going to your opponents favor. Thats the same with any players i guess.

PostPosted: 10 Oct 2018, 08:06 

Blade: Sword 309
FH: BTY Superanti 1.9
BH: Zeitgeist OX
When I play against LP users I change my set up to K.O ox plus Spinlord Gigant .I get the control on the rallies pip vs pip.The faster LPs end up sending the ball long - i.e Tibhar Detchs .

I have a weak fh with Gigant but when I change it to the bh I gain control over the Lps,I push with the anti to the pip side in an easy controllable way , then I change back to K.O.No need to attack much as the point finally is mine due to the extra control on the game .I serve to the LP side and just keep maintaining the ball on the tableby putting pressure on their pips .

This strategy is uncomfortable to the fast LPs and some in desperation they start to attack at random.The blade I use is always the same , Sword 309 , so when I play against LPs I just adjust to the new rubbers but I got the touch and feeling of the blade already .

:lol:

PostPosted: 11 Oct 2018, 12:28 

Blade: Ross Leidy Sotto Voce
FH: Donic Barracuda 2.0mm
BH: S&T Schmerz OX
Long pip Vs long pip rallies are awkward as hell but potentially lots of fun. Just remember there is NO spin being exchanged and subsequently no spin for your pips to grip on to. This will be especially difficult with D'techs as it is a very low grip long pip.

Try to use open/vertical/90 degree blade angles.

If your blade angle is significantly more then or less then 90degrees you have a higher risk of popping the ball up or netting it respectively.

I agree with Nathanso about playing the exaggerated sideswiper shot. I find this shot quite effective in pip vs pip battles.

Having said all that, actually the most important thing is simply practice.

Good luck

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!