OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 30 Mar 2024, 18:34

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 09 Oct 2018, 07:16 

Blade: Butterfly Marcos Freitas
FH: Butterfly Tenergy 05
BH: Tibhar Grass D.tecs ox
I switched from inverted to long pips on backhand. I know how to use long pips against inverted rubbers, but I find trouble against other long pips. I'm using Grass D.tecs ox and a second setup with Giant Dragon Meteorite. Both become uncontrollable when I play against other long pips. Same problem have also most of the opponents, but those more experienced have no trouble.
Any advice on this matter? What should I do? How should I use my long pips to become more effective against other long pips.
Any suggestion would be useful, even a change in a setup.

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 09 Oct 2018, 12:59 
Super User

Blade: S&T Black & White
FH: Armstrong SH-I 1.8
BH: S&T Hellfire X OX
With choppers, I usually have enough time to move and return 90% of their shots with my FH inverted. With close to the table blockers/pushers like myself, my main strategy is to try to avoid LP to LP by directing most of my strokes to their inverted side. It is worth remembering also that if they are returning one of your inverted loops to your LP side off their LP it is coming to you with backspin which provides an opportunity for you to be aggressive with your LP and hit/swipe it back.

Outside of tournaments I don't get much opportunity to play against other LP players and I do not enjoy playing against my own species!

PostPosted: 09 Oct 2018, 14:08 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: BBC 400
FH: Victax VO > 102
BH: GD Attack Long
Some LPs simply dominate other LPs in awkward dead-to-dead ball rallies. I have found that Talon OX is fairly dominant in this field. Aggressor 1.5 was surprisingly dominant against OX LP.. like 11-2 domination. If you're not up for changing horses then focus on adding exaggerated sideswipe to your returns of those awkward inbound wobblers.

PostPosted: 10 Oct 2018, 07:50 

I've found usually the more experienced (or higher rated) long pips player will win, but not always. Different long pips and pips players have different strengths and weaknesses and the key is to find out your opponent's and try to control the points and not fall into rallies you know are going to your opponents favor. Thats the same with any players i guess.

PostPosted: 10 Oct 2018, 08:06 
Super User

Blade: Grubba all Plus
FH: Spinfire 1.5
BH: Bomb Talent OX
When I play against LP users I change my set up to K.O ox plus Spinlord Gigant .I get the control on the rallies pip vs pip.The faster LPs end up sending the ball long - i.e Tibhar Detchs .

I have a weak fh with Gigant but when I change it to the bh I gain control over the Lps,I push with the anti to the pip side in an easy controllable way , then I change back to K.O.No need to attack much as the point finally is mine due to the extra control on the game .I serve to the LP side and just keep maintaining the ball on the tableby putting pressure on their pips .

This strategy is uncomfortable to the fast LPs and some in desperation they start to attack at random.The blade I use is always the same , Sword 309 , so when I play against LPs I just adjust to the new rubbers but I got the touch and feeling of the blade already .

:lol:

PostPosted: 11 Oct 2018, 12:28 
Super User

Blade: Nittaku: Shake Defense
FH: Andro: Rasanter R48 1.7mm
BH: Spinlord: Leviathan 1A ox
Long pip Vs long pip rallies are awkward as hell but potentially lots of fun. Just remember there is NO spin being exchanged and subsequently no spin for your pips to grip on to. This will be especially difficult with D'techs as it is a very low grip long pip.

Try to use open/vertical/90 degree blade angles.

If your blade angle is significantly more then or less then 90degrees you have a higher risk of popping the ball up or netting it respectively.

I agree with Nathanso about playing the exaggerated sideswiper shot. I find this shot quite effective in pip vs pip battles.

Having said all that, actually the most important thing is simply practice.

Good luck

PostPosted: 18 Jan 2019, 04:35 
Ninja of the Holy Chtchet

Blade: Koji Matsushita
FH: Tibhar MX-S Max
BH: Yasaka Rising Dragon 2.0
Choppers vs. blockers LP is usually a slight advantage for the blocker no matter the LPs used. Simply because blockers don't have to move as much and the choppers tend to have grippier LPs. Positioning wise, choppers are used to dropping back from the table, and usually and at the table pushing (inverted style chop motion) is probably not practiced enough. That's what my issue is/was.

So, i drill boring ass pushing vs. LP to get a grasp on how I need to chop vs. spin-less balls. Just try to become super consistent with it and let the blocker mess up. May go to expedite though :lol: . Also, I twiddle a lot against blockers especially if they do not twiddle themselves. Conventional advice from folks will tell you to simply attack more with inverted, but that has only worked for me up to a certain level of blocker because my inverted attacking level is far below my chopping level.

Projects: Player Equipment Grid
Comprehensive Thin Inverted Chopping Rubbers Grid ⇝ Please send me corrections or new submissions

PostPosted: 18 Jan 2019, 06:53 
Dr. Chop-Blogger
Dr. Chop-Blogger

Blade: Butterfly Defense Alpha
FH: H3 Neo
BH: Cloud & Fog III OX
I frequently practice against best LP player in our club, and it's really tough. He keeps telling me that I do poorly against short dead balls and my strokes are not active enough (at least that's how I interpret it).

PostPosted: 22 Jan 2019, 02:01 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

In the group I play with, four or five of the seven or eight people now use long pips, so there is a lot of this. There's quite a bit of difference in ability, however. All in all, it's made everyone play a lot more tentatively.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 25 Jan 2019, 03:11 

I usually end up doing short spinny loops with my FH with not much spin to their LP side. It gets a weak reversal as a result. I try to attack hard the next shot, with either my FH (preferably) or my LP (aggresive push/side swipe).

It usually works.

I must say, if they are really experienced LP players of high class (higher than mine) I will still lose, but that's due to overall ability, not specific LP

PostPosted: 04 Mar 2019, 09:37 

Blade: Butterfly Marcos Freitas
FH: Butterfly Tenergy 05
BH: Tibhar Grass D.tecs ox
Thank you all for your replies.

I managed to keep the ball on the table, but a new problem occurred.

Saturday in a tournament I played against two long pips users. The rallies were extremely long (no activation rule was engaged). I won the both games, but because their were so long I ask you how should I attack a no spin or a very light spin (from a long pip against long pip rally)? I can also twiddle very easy, but I was afraid to attack any of the balls. The balls came at a height of 10-15 cm above the net most of them in the middle of my part of the table. Because the games were in the knock-out phase i was afraid to attack them. So any tips for futures games, what technique should I apply?

Thank you.

PostPosted: 04 Mar 2019, 21:33 

Blade: Koji Matsushita
FH: Tibhar MX-S Max
BH: Yasaka Rising Dragon 2.0
Victor2016 wrote:
Thank you all for your replies.

I managed to keep the ball on the table, but a new problem occurred.

Saturday in a tournament I played against two long pips users. The rallies were extremely long (no activation rule was engaged). I won the both games, but because their were so long I ask you how should I attack a no spin or a very light spin (from a long pip against long pip rally)? I can also twiddle very easy, but I was afraid to attack any of the balls. The balls came at a height of 10-15 cm above the net most of them in the middle of my part of the table. Because the games were in the knock-out phase i was afraid to attack them. So any tips for futures games, what technique should I apply?

Thank you.

In my opinion, attacking no-spin balls with DTECS OX is probably folly. It can be done, but the margin for error will be so small you'd have to be perfect on those attacks unless the ball is high. Have a coach or partner feed you balls with Long pips, and attack them during multi-ball. That is the only way to solve this, no amount of typing words can explain it. You simply need to practice it and get a feel for it. If you had some sponge, that would be a different story, but then you're loosing your passive reversal for when you play against inverted.

I think you're probably better off learning how to attack no spin balls with inverted, either by running around your backhand and looping with your forehand, or twiddling and looping with inverted on your backhand. More multi-ball here. I twiddle because I have a stronger BH with inverted.

I need to practice this!

Projects: Player Equipment Grid
Comprehensive Thin Inverted Chopping Rubbers Grid ⇝ Please send me corrections or new submissions

PostPosted: 05 Mar 2019, 05:53 

Blade: Kokutaku Ice&Fire
FH: Yasaka Rakza 7
BH: Dr. Neubauer Desperado 2
Hello , i found Dornenglanz good against other pimples and antispin , especially antispin ;)

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!