OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 30 Mar 2024, 10:22

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 114 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
PostPosted: 03 Mar 2018, 04:48 
Dr. Chop-Blogger
Dr. Chop-Blogger

Blade: Butterfly Defense Alpha
FH: H3 Neo
BH: Cloud & Fog III OX
peterpong wrote:
lol-its a decent forum-just found it a few days ago-death metal is a rubber i think :devil:

You are right! I need to get it just for the name alone (and I'm not even into 'death metal' genre...)

PostPosted: 03 Mar 2018, 04:49 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: GRUBBA
FH: RAYSTORM
BH: BEST ANTI
https://forum.tennis-de-table.com/t/diabolic-dms/17457

someone has e mailed the owner and he is telling them to ovenbake and use a different cleaner???
its there buried in the thread

PostPosted: 09 Mar 2018, 17:32 

The below Youtube review by WRM Japan show some promising attributes of Diabolic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6be5C95eiYQ

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6be5C95eiYQ[/youtube]

Forehand: MXP
Backhand: Grass Dtecs, Tsp P3 Alpha
--------------------------------------------------------------

PostPosted: 09 Mar 2018, 22:35 
Dr. Chop-Blogger
Dr. Chop-Blogger

Remove 's' from https when embedding YT links :)

wlhk wrote:
The below Youtube review by WRM Japan show some promising attributes of Diabolic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6be5C95eiYQ

PostPosted: 19 Mar 2018, 22:03 

Hi guys! I fell in love with this anti, but only through the few videos out there. I really really want to buy it, BUT a few colleges of mine had try it and their experience wasnt that good.

- Excellent reversal but no control
- They had to apply booster in order to have the proper reversal
- When taking out of the blade, the sponge teared apart

It´s this or Tibhar´s Grass D.Tecs.

Any thoughts?

What I want? Great reversal and slow pace so I can "block" any topspin over the table.

Galaxy T-11+
FH: Donic Bluefire M3
BH: SpinLord Dornenglanz II (OX)

PostPosted: 19 Mar 2018, 22:16 
Dr. Chop-Blogger
Dr. Chop-Blogger

DKPOWA wrote:
Hi guys! I fell in love with this anti, but only through the few videos out there. I really really want to buy it, BUT a few colleges of mine had try it and their experience wasnt that good.

Any thoughts?

What I want? Great reversal and slow pace so I can "block" any topspin over the table.

One thing I confirmed for myself after getting Diabolic setup is that what you see in all these videos are highly skilled players with great touch and experience. No rubber/blade plays itself, so you should not expect to be able to replicate their shots on Day 1. Might take much longer, months if not years. It (anti) is not the same as LP, so shots are very different and your muscle memory is going to work against you.

P.S. If you fell in love with it based on videos, their marketing department deserves a bonus. :)

PostPosted: 19 Mar 2018, 23:36 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Blade: Matador
FH: Tibhar K1 Euro
BH: SuperGlanti
DKPOWA wrote:

Any thoughts?

Boosting an anti??? Contraproductive since most wants it as slow as possible.
But it surley is fragile, you must use a glue sheet to mount it (there is a film for how to do in). Neubauers antis are less fragile but also heavier and faster. If you want a more easy-to-handle frictionless anti go with 1,5 mm Mega block :up:.

PostPosted: 29 Mar 2018, 19:29 

Blade: Bty Timo Boll ALC
FH: Yasaka Rakza Po max
BH: DMS Storkraft 1.2
Finally, i mount Diabolic 1.6 instead of MegaBlock 1.5 on DMS Revolution blade. I did that because i wast satisfied with Mega Block play with ABS and seamless plastic balls which are very popular now. Conclusion is that Diabolic play is worsed in general, for me :headbang:

Firstly, playing with first generation plastic balls like Yasaka, Andro or DHS 40+ in every combination, MB or Diabolic is good enough. Lot of spin reverse, short blocks, wired trajectory...everything is very very good, especially with Mega Block :rofl: :rofl: . I won all matches with this balls in my league, 23-0 score :D

However, lot of teams use ABS balls or seamless Joola Flash or XuShaufa balls,now. Blocks are longer, minimum spin reverse, all in all every stroke has less effect. This is a reason why i decided to change MB with Diabolic. But actually i play WORSED, now :sweat:

Positive things:
Diabolic is better in attacking, but good player may attack over my attacks, because my attack is no so dead as with old plastic balls, slow and flat, so my attack in not so danger in general.

Negative things:
Yes, spin reverse is better with Diabolic than MB, but this fact do not mean that block are more effective. Namely, good attackers, have a better deal against Diabolic. I can not block very short, so my block is longer, and attackers attack relative easy. Also, who know to play without spin, that is, long no spin serve, attack and hold the ball on the table without spin, my play in general in worse than MB.

Maybe, play against defensive or allround players is better with Diabolic, because you can attack a lot.

Since ABS and seamless balls have longer bouncing with less spin reverse, my suggestion to manufacturers is to produce the slowest frictionless antis to disable opponents attacks in comfort zone. If we want to attack with backhand side we can twiddle as Luka play !!!

P.S. I will try slower wood Dr Neubauer Hecules with Diabolic 1.6.

PostPosted: 31 Mar 2018, 17:57 

Blade: Bty Timo Boll ALC
FH: Yasaka Rakza Po max
BH: DMS Storkraft 1.2
UPDATE: I tried Diabolic 1.6 on DrN Hercules blade. Combination is very good. :D
Blocks are short, balls dive on the table, control is far better than on DMS Revolution, because Hercules is slower blade. :clap:
Now I understand why Luka was played Diabolic on slower DMS Invictus blade. His aim is to disable opponents to attack again after first loop, or to make a mistake if they try. :punch:

Unfortunately, good attacker can loop every long ball, because this ball is slow, lot of time to pose, and dont care much about amount of spin reverse. Hence, the shortness is the key, to make the opponent to push or eventually,to attack slowly, spiny, without comfort.

Test with Joola Flash seamless ball.

PostPosted: 21 Mar 2019, 03:41 
Ninja of the Holy Chtchet
Ninja of the Holy Chtchet

Blade: Koji Matsushita
FH: Tibhar MX-S Max
BH: Yasaka Rising Dragon 2.0
Here is Michael Tsai. He was previously an attacker regular inverted both sides. (Which his older videos, he was very good).

He has no converted to anti, and has several videos where he tests different anti.

Projects: Player Equipment Grid
Comprehensive Thin Inverted Chopping Rubbers Grid ⇝ Please send me corrections or new submissions

PostPosted: 16 May 2019, 18:49 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

There is a new version of Diabolic out, called Diabolic Extra Slow. It is like with Transformer extra slow, they put the ordinary Diabolic top sheet on the sponge that first was presented with Reflection and now also with Scandal. For some reason unknown to me the Extra Slow versions are only available in 1,2 mm. Diabolic with this sponge would be even more leathal in 0,9 mm - that would be like the ultimate slick anti.

I tried it very briefly yestarday, so these are my first impressions. The top sheet of Diabolic is very slick, kind of shiny. With the original sponge, that was kind of dynamic and had several gears) it was difficult to control. But with this slow sponge it is only a little faster than Reflection in 1,2 mm (I tried them both on two different Stiga Carbonado 90 blades, side by side) but also has a clearly lower throw. A lot similar to Scandal in throw angle but better spin reversal and also faster. So blocking the first hard attack might be more difficult with Diabolic ES compared to Reflection but everything else is a little better. The second block returns a lot of spin reversal and keeps the ball very short and low. And attacking back spin give a more crooked ball path than Reflection does (I tried this only a few times). Returning fast no spin serves might be more tricky with Diabolic, I’ll have to report back on that later.

That’s it for now!

PostPosted: 20 May 2019, 06:29 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

The film:
http://youtu.be/88PzyRmhpFs

PostPosted: 21 May 2019, 00:46 

Blade: Stiga Hypertech 35/45
FH: Nittaku G-1 Max
BH: Butterfy SuperAnti 2.0 mm
Def-attack wrote:

Amir can't miss! Looks like sufficient reversal to me :up:

PostPosted: 21 May 2019, 05:48 
Super User

Blade: OSP Ultimate
FH: DrN Dominance Spin Hard
BH: DrN Troublemaker 0.5
univesse wrote:
Def-attack wrote:

Yes and I bet it's not an ABS ball... ;)

PostPosted: 22 May 2019, 00:58 
Super User

Blade: OSP Ultimate
FH: DrN Dominance Spin Hard
BH: DrN Troublemaker 0.5
Matt Pimple wrote:
univesse wrote:
Def-attack wrote:

Yes and I bet it's not an ABS ball... ;)

Actually Amir confirmed in the German Noppentest forum that no ABS balls were used.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 114 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next