OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 17 Apr 2024, 03:15

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject: Re: Spinlord Gigant
PostPosted: 08 Sep 2018, 06:52 

Blade: DHS 7
FH: DMS Firestorm Black 1,8
BH: TMsponge /Globe979 sponge
I'm a new member, and I've been playing with Gigant now for 3 months, and that's the best I've been playing with.I played before with Spinlord Blitzschlag,but Gigant is superior and suits my game because I have a nice forehand and backhand.

PostPosted: 08 Sep 2018, 08:07 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: GRUBBA
FH: RAYSTORM
BH: BEST ANTI
CHARMANDER DEFENDER wrote:
Dear GIgant discussion members,

Tonight I have trained for 4 hours with the following set up: BTY Superanti 1.9 and Gigant . I must say it has been a pleasure .Blocking with both rubbers in a twiddling game . Serving megasuper short and then attacking the ball with the bh into the corners!!!,... using Gigant at the right time to take the pace off the ball, then.. changing to BTFY Superanti,.... oh, man!!!,....how exciting!! ,....

The percentage of balls on the table 90%,.... meaning winning by tactics ,.....when I overused Gigant in blocking-just a few occasions-I lost the point because I overexposed the flaws of the rubber ..... that´s the point of my dear forum members-Gigant used ALONE with continuous blocks is a recipe for disaster BUT when used in a twiddling game the short blocks cause havoc because when you change the rubbber the game changes completely and the opponent takes too much time to adapt,....THAT was what I have been trying to explain in the other posts, dear forum members,....if your game is blocking and counteratttaclking,give it a try,....

:lol: ..... and the sense of control during the game is awsome!!!! :lol:

agree on all points
i blocked off the bounce with anti when i managed to get into a high division-it was ok but better players beat you-i then chopped with it and my percentage went up.
you will get loads back on the table with double anti and f/h chops with anti are not nice-difficult to attack with this combo but if you grind it out you can do well.

skilless_slapper wrote:
Damn, she was breaking that ass down! :rofl:

PostPosted: 08 Sep 2018, 09:57 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: Grubba all Plus
FH: Spinfire 1.5
BH: Bomb Talent OX
peterpong wrote:
CHARMANDER DEFENDER wrote:
Dear GIgant discussion members,

Tonight I have trained for 4 hours with the following set up: BTY Superanti 1.9 and Gigant . I must say it has been a pleasure .Blocking with both rubbers in a twiddling game . Serving megasuper short and then attacking the ball with the bh into the corners!!!,... using Gigant at the right time to take the pace off the ball, then.. changing to BTFY Superanti,.... oh, man!!!,....how exciting!! ,....

The percentage of balls on the table 90%,.... meaning winning by tactics ,.....when I overused Gigant in blocking-just a few occasions-I lost the point because I overexposed the flaws of the rubber ..... that´s the point of my dear forum members-Gigant used ALONE with continuous blocks is a recipe for disaster BUT when used in a twiddling game the short blocks cause havoc because when you change the rubbber the game changes completely and the opponent takes too much time to adapt,....THAT was what I have been trying to explain in the other posts, dear forum members,....if your game is blocking and counteratttaclking,give it a try,....

:lol: ..... and the sense of control during the game is awsome!!!! :lol:

agree on all points
i blocked off the bounce with anti when i managed to get into a high division-it was ok but better players beat you-i then chopped with it and my percentage went up.
you will get loads back on the table with double anti and f/h chops with anti are not nice-difficult to attack with this combo but if you grind it out you can do well.

Yes, I think there's potential in this setup, however, I feel one must counterattack at some point,at least at higher levels.
..yes ,you are right, chops with anti are not so nice for opponents that's why I will be testing Bty SA with Neo Anti 2.0 and also because Neo Anti can generate some spin when hitting or in aggressive blocking.Then,the opponent may make mistakes and one can get extra points in this way ...

I like the sense of control and placing the ball wherever I want- the corners are my favourites-.

I now win by tactics, I defend and counterattack....one must be fit to play this kind of game.....

I can feel my opponents bothered and upset and I also win the psychological battles....with Gigant I score points on long blocks when it seems the ball goes long but because of the slowness the ball does land in the corners,many times on the edge and scoring lucky points .....

Twiddling with Gigant is fun and the opponent is always under pressure.....yes,Gigant has a place in the game,sure.....my short serves also make me take the initiative and when I serve short with SA the attack with Gigant takes everyone by surprise due to the slowness and the funny sound it makes:Pak,Pak Pak!!!!! :lol:

PostPosted: 11 Sep 2018, 18:20 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Gigant wrote:
I'm a new member, and I've been playing with Gigant now for 3 months, and that's the best I've been playing with.I played before with Spinlord Blitzschlag,but Gigant is superior and suits my game because I have a nice forehand and backhand.

My dear Gigant ,

I have been an ardent defender of Gigant in this thread, however,after some tournaments playing with very high level players-my comparison with US rating would be about 2300s upwards- Gigant becomes weaker EVEN when twiddling.Opponents will start feeding balls on the fh when you switch the rubber.Gigant will NICELY block short but one cannot block continuously with it-that's ONE OF THE ISSUES-.

That´s why I thought twiddling could solve the problem but then,the opponents start feedeing balls on the fh,and Gigant on the forehand is a poor rubber indeed .

I congratulate you on being successful with Gigant but your happy days will soon start fading once you start increasing your level and facing harder opponents .Well, if your goal is recreational games and not to get too serious in tt , then , of course Gigant is fun to play with .

PostPosted: 13 Sep 2018, 05:32 

I play aggressively with Gigant and my opponents get big problems. Some tend to start playing like me and buy Gigant even them. Some play at high level.i'm not twiddling

PostPosted: 13 Sep 2018, 06:44 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Gigant wrote:
I play aggressively with Gigant and my opponents get big problems. Some tend to start playing like me and buy Gigant even them. Some play at high level.i'm not twiddling

I defended Gigant's game until the moment I played against REALLY high level players.From that point onwards,Gigant has many flaws to play consistently- no spin reversal,second or third block the ball pops up enabling devastating attacks from the opponent-,hence ,my idea of twiddling but EVEN in a twiddling game,Gigant becomes poor as on the BH Gigant is even weaker.

I congratulate on your game with Gigant.Perhaps you can explain the flaws from Gigant to be able to play EFFECTIVELY at high levels ....

PostPosted: 13 Sep 2018, 17:00 

I use my wrist which makes the ball come fast and hard . It will be like a backhand smash and my forehand with my Omega vII Europe. The aggressive game works well for me and surprises the opponent.

PostPosted: 13 Sep 2018, 19:26 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Gigant wrote:
I use my wrist which makes the ball come fast and hard . It will be like a backhand smash and my forehand with my Omega vII Europe. The aggressive game works well for me and surprises the opponent.

I agree on the first part and the aggressive game,however,you have not explained what one can do when you have to block consistently and the ball pops up. I thought twiddling could solve that and it did for some time.On the next level players I faced reality again- they fed balls to Gigant on the FH when twiddling so end of the story!!!

Maybe you overcompensate the lack of consistency in the blocks by attacking the ball with your inverted from the BH position.This could work but after some point ,chances are you will be predictable.

One point I would like to add is that Gigant is great when you play against LP players who never ever attack,the control and aggressive game with Gigant will make one stronger and beat them easily .

Those Lp players using D.techs like rubbers having little control will be desperate and will end up sending the ball long .

In fact,I have the Gigant setup for those kind of LP users because in the pip against pip game if both players have fast lps,the experience for both will be very nasty. I am sure many LP forum members have had this experience.I seem to remember pushblocker once said he was beaten by a fast LP user against his D.techs and at that time he would have won if he had used his beloved Pogo.

In short,it makes sense to have a setup against defensive LP users and for me Gigant helps me tremendously.

:lol:

PostPosted: 26 Sep 2018, 02:30 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

This new video has just been posted by the tt maximum youtube channel.It shows Gigant while chopping.As we have previously discussed the control and power absorption is excellent,however,you can notice how the problem of popping up the ball still happens in chops .

For those non attacking LP users,Gigant is excellent,especially if you encounter very skilled but lazy players who lack footwork .Gigant will make them lose the pace and move them out of their comfort zone :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ISNdAG0PJYU

PostPosted: 29 Nov 2018, 04:34 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Gigant wrote:

Dear Gigant,

I came to learn about new tactics with Gigant.Despite not being suitable for looping , if the ball IS a little above net level, I can attack with no spin on the ball . I can also chop and roll on the FH .

To change the pace of the game from pips,it is great,to block megafast topspins- just once because the next block with it ,it will pop up-it is perfect.Short serves fantastic too!!

However,it is unsuitable to keep blocking the loops on the backhand.Yes,at high levels it can be used in the way I described above. I proved that in a recent tournament when I nearly beat the champion(2-3,last set 9-11.He said he had a lot of inconvenience from Gigant, especially short serves and the first short block .
:lol:

PostPosted: 08 Jun 2019, 20:17 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
Are you still using the Gigant? Have you discovered any other useful charateristics?

PostPosted: 08 Jun 2019, 23:01 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

haggisv wrote:
Are you still using the Gigant? Have you discovered any other useful charateristics?

yes,... I am still using it with great success ,.... I must say I play 99 % with my BH,... when the opponent is adapting to DG , I twiddle and safely attack with Gigant with a nasty , very low trajectory , no spin ball . :lol:

Also, when the opponent is constantly serving fast no spin balls to DG so I make mistakes or leave an easy non spin ball to attack,... I just twiddle with Gigant and if possible , I attack or push to one corner( normally to their FH ),... making them lose their timing ,...

Serving with Gigant is great,..low ,short and if long , they return the serve ok but as I serve very low,..they just return the ball and then, DG takes over ,... :lol:

Besides, If I notice they move a bit further back from the table ,... my blocks with Gigant are very short, so they make mistakes when they lose the timing,...especially those defenders who receive serves from mid distance or if during the rally they step backwards,,.... I block short or drop short with Gigant,.... but I only use Gigant to take the pace off,..... and stop them from adapting to DG,.... as we know,.. Gigant is weak if we block continuously as the ball pops up,..but if You Use Gigant just to disrupt the pace of the game or safely attack, the opponent will have a very hard time,.... Fh attack with Gigant is just possible if the ball goes high and you smash the ball ......

Now,... I am giving Dr Neubauer TM a try ,..... maybe if I find the right blade, I can use it as well because although TM is inferior in the chop blocking department, it has some advantages over DG,.... for me , attacking no spin balls with TM is easy ,.... serving long with Gigant and attacking with TM easy,.... serving low short back spin with Gigant and attacking back spin easy and dangerous with great sinking effect,..... DG is far superior in chopblocking,..but as Tm blocks short and very low you can then counterattack / block with Gigant,... with DG people make more mistakes, yes,....

Tm with great control makes your game safe,.... but you cannot live on the opponents' mistakes ..... hence, you reinvent your game,.....

Maybe, I can video myself one of these days,.... and pm you,... I prefer anonymity,.. :lol:

PostPosted: 25 Apr 2023, 04:32 
Super User

Blade: Matador Texa Carbon
FH: Gewo Proton Neo 450
BH: Desperado Reloaded OX
I have use today Gigant 1.2 red in a Dr. Neubauer Bulldozer blade. Love the control and the short blocks but int the 3 or 4 block the ball pop up. Blocks ara shorts but easy to atack..no spin reversal. Im waiting for a Palio TCT.

PostPosted: 25 Apr 2023, 05:50 
Super User

Blade: Matador Texa Carbon
FH: Gewo Proton Neo 450
BH: Desperado Reloaded OX
I wonder if there is a similar rubber but with spin reversal and disturbing without pops up on the third or fourth block. And if possible, at a similar price...

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!