OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 19 Mar 2024, 15:12

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject: Juic Anti Super Spin
PostPosted: 31 May 2010, 16:09 

Reviewing Red 1.5mm on a Andro Fibercomp Def Blade.

I got this on a combo special and was the only anti they had in 1.5mm Red. I saw a post from 2008 on this rubber but nobody reviewed it so here is my review. I play both at the table and away and had previously been playing with Diamant medium pip on an All+ blade.

It has a speed of 5.9 which is faster than any other anti but seems to work really well for me. From Japsco:
JUIC Anti Super Spin. 1,5/1,0mm.
Anti with some friction. Easy to return high spin balls. Soft to medium (H36-38) yellowbrown sponge. For attack play. Even topspin balls can be attacked.

Does well at:
Blocks extremely well. Pretty much exactly what I'm looking for here. Blocks can easily be hit both low and short.
Can counterattack topspin with topspin which I wasn't expecting but does so like a slow medium pimple.
Attacking dead balls is very easy I think because of the topspin it can generate.
Serves short very well, easy to keep all serves low. Doesn't look like I can generate much sidespin though.
Serve return seems fine. Not too affected by spin. Affected less than Diamant.
Chops well away from the table. Almost as good as the LP I tried and definitely good enough for my needs. These chops are not easy to attack.
Defensive lobs/blocks well after I added a heavier/thicker FH sheet. The added weight seems to really help these shots.
Feels very good and comfortable to hit with.
Slow speed is disruptive to offensive players.

having problems with:
Pushes - having a lot of trouble here. Pushing against heavier spin the ball seems to grip the sheet and go very vertical right into the top of the net. If I try to get it higher, I pop it up which is not good because it looks like most my pushes are just a dead ball. Very frustrating. Not sure if I need to change my technique or what.
Attacking backspin - This has been a real problem and is a very important part of my game. I'm dumping way to many into the net. If I misjudge the spin, can send them long too.

Basically it handles topspin like what I'm looking for, but underspin is giving me some real problems. I'm going to try to improve my technique because I really like the speed of this.

Can other anti's counter topspin with topspin like this one? I couldn't do this with LP so I was suprised it was possible with this. I'm thinking I might want to try something with a little slicker topsheet, but would to hard to give up the ability to counter attack topspin.

Anyone else tried this one?

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

Post subject: Re: Juic Anti Super Spin
PostPosted: 31 May 2010, 18:38 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
Thanks a lot for the review Bogart45! It's the first one I've read on this rubber.

If you're dumping heavy backspins into the net, you're most likely trying to dig/push the ball back too hard. If you simply push it back softly, it should be much less affected by spin.

Attacking backspin is probably going to be harder, the extra grip probably means the reversal is very low, making it hard to make the ball drop on the other end.. still no rubber does it all ;)

PostPosted: 01 Jun 2010, 07:35 

Attacking backspin is a higher priority to me than attacking topspin, so I will probably eventually try another Anti that is slicker. If I tried the Neo Anti would a thinner sponge be faster than the thicker sponge?

PostPosted: 01 Jun 2010, 09:06 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Yes, since the sponge in energy absorbing in this case, a thinner sponge would make it faster... the speed comes from the blade of course, not the rubber....

PostPosted: 28 Feb 2011, 16:23 

Has anyone else here tried this rubber yet?

Well not many posts here in the anti section, so I'll give my update to this rubber. I took 8 months off and when I came back I immediately took the Juic Anti Super Spin and put it on my Waldner Senso which is faster and a little flexy. The problems I was having before on the slower blade seems to have disapeared.

After 4 sessions:
My pushes are much better and I think will continue to get better with practice. I am able to hit pushes anywhere I want and at any speed, which I’ve never been able to do before.
Attacking backspin is now as good as the best MP I tried . With more practice I’m sure it will get even better. Because this blade is faster, I don't need to swing as hard and thus have better form, giving me more consistentcy.
I've lost the ability to block very short, but the change of speed and spin compared to my FH is enough to still cause errors, so I don't consider this a big loss.
Blocks stay nice and low. I played two players in a row who were taking full swing loop drives and I was able to block most of them on the table no problem. I was getting some nice reversal on the blocks too. If they tried another full power drive they usually missed.
Chopping is still a breeze against regular speed loops. Side spin chops are also easy.
Twiddling is also getting some nice results.

Overall this anti seems to suit my natural style of play very well. Much more than any LP I tried, and a little more than the MP's I tried. The biggest thing I need to work on now is my decision making, especially when to go for a push/chop and when to attack, going for safer attacks, and not trying to block too short.

I also decided to purchase Yasaka Anti Power for my 2nd blade. Now that I've played both, I can see that this Juic Anti Super Spin is much faster than YAP. For blocking, If Mark V was a speed 10 and YAP was 0, I'd rate the Super Spin as a 6. It also sounds exactly like a normal rubber when hit. I've heard this said about the YAP, but with YAP there is a definite difference in sound, but not with the Super Spin. The YAP requires a slightly different stroke too, since it is less affected by spin. YAP requires a more lifting motion when attacking backspin, Super Spin requires just a flat hit. Even though the Super Spin reacts more to spin, it is still nowhere near how an inverted reacts. If Mark V reacted to spin as 10, YAP as 0, I’d rate the Super Spin as a 2.

Well that’s it. I'm sticking with this Anti and looking forward to getting better and playing smarter with this rubber.

PostPosted: 28 Feb 2011, 16:32 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Thanks a lot for the review and feedback Bogart45!

Sounds like it's working very well for you!

PostPosted: 16 May 2011, 05:23 

If it fits your style then keep it. You probably like it because the speed is very high for anti which comes close to matching your medium pips i would quess. So it feels a lot like normal. When attack backspin with it try a forward snap thru the ball (mostly from the elbow down) as opposed to a long stroke and see what happens. i am sure the pushing will get easier as you get use to it and adjust from the MP.

Tri-carbon HAMMER

PostPosted: 18 Nov 2013, 00:37 

Bogart45 wrote:
Overall this anti seems to suit my natural style of play very well. Much more than any LP I tried, and a little more than the MP's I tried. The biggest thing I need to work on now is my decision making, especially when to go for a push/chop and when to attack, going for safer attacks, and not trying to block too short.

I have an offensive style,pretty much like yours. I stay close to the table and loop with my forehand and try to attack with my backhand. I chop with my backhand when i am forced to leave the table. I do not play with normal rubbers on my backhand because, first of all I cannot loop and secondly I have problems with spiny serves. That is why I play with LP and MP rubbers on my backhand. I Like MPs (like: Frindship 653, TSP Millital)better because I can attack with them better and the the attacking ball is still dead and causes problem for my opponents,
I am assuming when you attack with Juic anti super spin the ball is dead, and very hard to block, right? I wonder if Juic super spin Suits my style or not?

Thanks