OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 15:59

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject: VS A chopper with Anti.
PostPosted: 15 Oct 2007, 11:10 
Master Of Deception
Master Of Deception

Just want to share my Xperience. Last week I went to Manhattan, NY and got a chance to play at Brooklyn TT club. First match, I played with a Russian(I guess) guy with H3 + BTY Super Anti. His rating was a bit below me but man !!!! He was 2-0 up(-8 and -11) I had no answer dealing with his Anti. Sometimes he chopped heavy and sometimes float and I loopped long by a mile. After 0-2 down, I turned to what I do best ..... D-fence and gave him all my best serve and came back to win 3-2(-9, -4,-5)

What I learned
1. I realized I had very little experience playing against Anti. Only ONE guy plays Anti at my club.
2. Anti works like LP at lesser effect, I might be wrong, but I noticed that balls came back differently with different strokes. Gotta watch it...it doesn't give every ball dead.
3. I was stupid for 2 games.....I knew he used Anti so I didn't put any spin or deception on any of my serve. After I learned that he had to read my serve too even with Super Anti, I knew I'd win.
4. It's always good to use my LP to confuse him too !!!! And he had more trouble dealing with my LP, even with Anti. I DO NOT know why!!!!
5. I took 2 sets to learn about my new opp. Almost too late, I have to learn quicker in tourny but how? This's why it's always fun to play with new people. The guy had headache returning my serve too.

The last 3 games were kind of boring. When he served, we wait...wait...and wait for a winner shot. When I served, serve and bam !!!

Any Anti-user care to share what I didn't know at #4 and #5?

EASY P - http://nexyusa.com/collections/rubber/products/easy-p
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6tyNTO7 ... ure=relmfu
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0zkq9Ja3E8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dARovqP9tT0#t=64

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

Post subject:
PostPosted: 15 Oct 2007, 16:00 
Do you feel lucky (young) punk?

Blade: Juic Hinoki One Ply
FH: Tibhar 5Q
BH: Scandal
Hi Bogey,,,
LOL, I wish we lived closer, we could learn alot from each other.
The Super Anti "Special" is even slicker than the Super Anti. but it does not mean you can totally ignore spin.
He may have been having the same problem that you were, not enough practice against a "good" pips player.
When I recieve serve with anti, I just look at say, a hard chop serve, as a weak chop serve, etc.
Any chance his problem came when he used anti to your pips? Things can get messy there, reverse,,,reverse,,,,hard to keep track.
#2, yepp, different strokes with anti can effect the ball "some".
#5, I play an allout attack game but in the first game of a match, I will try some other things to see what he can do, pushing with anti, brush loop or two instead of drive, etc. Sometimes I find a weakness right off. Not many people will stand at the table with me and trade loop drives but there are some that can move back and get my drives all day long. Thats when the anti helps me. Loop one or two and block with anti.
I know everybody says good players can play against anti easy. I don't know what they call good but I have given some 2200-2400 players a bad time for a while with anti. I can't beat them but learned some new forigne words from the anti. These guys gave themselves problems by giving me super spinny serves and loops. Once they figure that out, things changed. Under 1800, anti is a real threat.
One place I get points with anti is against guys that want to try and outpush you. The good pushers mix the backspin up which works against pips in but not anti. Dr Evil worked well in pushing wars also.
I tried to use LP and SP this year. Best success came from Screw Soft with 1m sponge. Couldn't learn enough to feel comfortable with it yet so going back to anti till after a tourney coming up. Then I will be trying again. I think the LP has the better potential but requires more time from me. :D

Backhand, Sriver FX Max

Post subject:
PostPosted: 15 Oct 2007, 16:10 

About chopping with anti. I don't do it very often but I can very easy. (backhand) turn the arm over, not twiddling. If I do a hard chop, it goes back with lots of chop, I think it is just his spin continuing. If I chop and go into the ball with an open blade, (kind of a punch chop) it goes back with little or no backspin. :D

Backhand, Sriver FX Max

Post subject:
PostPosted: 22 Oct 2007, 21:14 
Super User

Blade: Yinhe MC2
FH: Yinhe Jupiter 3 39deg
BH: Victas Ventus Extra
hookshot.. i prefer playing against LP any day than vs anri.. cuz with LP, if you know how much spin u put in ur shot, u can kind of expect what u will get.. with anti, sometimes the ball is flat.. sometimes the ball is slightly chopped... so the bounce is funny, and say hi to edge of the racket loops!

we used to have a LP/anti player at our league.. and the only people he had trouble with was the flat hitters that hit balls super fast... they used to fast serve at his anti, then flat hit the return so hard, it wasn't returnable.

bogey: i find with anti i have to observe the second bounce even more carefully than usual.. and you're right abou the serve, it seems to me returning serves with anti is harder than LPs.. i never even bother with sidespins with LPs.. but with anti if the deception i big enough and the serve spinny enough.. the anti side will have a hard time.

finally.. the balls that return from the anti side usually are begging to be flat hit.. cuz the funny bounce makes no difference whatsoever when u flat hit, there's no timing per se to screw up. i personally donno how to flat hit winners, but those who do seem to destroy the anti players.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 26 Oct 2007, 13:12 

Hi Priior,,,
You are right about serving fast to anti but that is where the Seemiller grip changes that as I can take forhand and backhand with my Energy. :D

Backhand, Sriver FX Max

Post subject:
PostPosted: 26 Oct 2007, 13:34 
Super User

Blade: Yinhe MC2
FH: Yinhe Jupiter 3 39deg
BH: Victas Ventus Extra
hookshot ud be glad to know the #1 quebec woman player (recently #2) uses the seemiller grip! it's quite fascinating to watch her play.