OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 20:38

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject: Donic Alligator Anti
PostPosted: 21 May 2011, 22:29 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

Blade: WRM Gokushu2
FH: S&T Secret Flow 1mm
BH: S&T Monkey ox

The MNNB Blog has had some pretty amazing stuff lately. Just click this text to check it out.
| My OOAK Interview
Table Tennis Video Links: itTV | laola1.tv | ttbl | fftt | Challenger Series | mnnb-tv

My whole set-up costs less than a sheet of Butterfly Dignics

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

Post subject: Re: Donic Alligator Anti
PostPosted: 28 May 2011, 20:26 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Donic advertises it as: "Der STÖRANTI. Mit dem ALLIGATOR ANTI knüpft DONIC an die jahrelangen Erfolge bei Störbelägen an, die Noppen-Beläge wie der PIRANJA und der ALLIGATOR gebracht haben. Die straffe Antispin-Oberfläche und der harte Schwamm sorgen für einen direkten Ballabsprung und besonders kurze Ballkontaktzeit. Dies ermöglicht es, den Gegner unter Druck zu setzen, äußerst effektive Störmanöver zu vollführen und den Ball kurz und gefühlvoll abtropfen zu lassen. Die gegnerischen Bälle kann man mit dieser Waffe ebenso präzise kurz wie auch lang zurücklegen. Auch Konter- und Angriffsattacken sind mit dem neuen und aggressiv ausgelegten DONIC ALLIGATOR ANTI problemlos möglich.
Lieferbar ab: Anfang Juli"

translates more or less as: The disruptive anti. With the Alligator Anti Donic prolongs the success attained since years with disruptive rubbers like the pips out Piranja and Alligator. The rigid antispin surface and hard sponge result in a direct bouncing-off of the ball and an extremely short dwell-time. This makes it possible to put pressure on the opponent, carry out very effective disruptive action, and drop the ball short and with feeling. Incoming balls can be returned short or long with equal precision. Counter-driving and counter-attacking is also possible without problems using the new and agressively styled Donic Alligater Anti.
Available from beginning of July.

at: http://donic.dbap.de/index.php?screen=d ... 5791&sid=1

It is/will be available in 1.0 and 1.5 mm, black and red, for 28,90 euro's. Judging from the description and the available thickness it would be something like Joola Amy. It seems Donic is planning to produce yet another anti (Timeless) and yet another is already available, at 32.90 euro's, in 1.5 and 2.0 black and red:

DONIC "Anti Classic". Der ALLROUNDER Die äußerst elastische Antispin-Oberfläche und der SOFT-Schwamm machen den ANTI CLASSIC zum Allrounder unter den Antispin-Belägen. Varianten- und ideenreiche Abwehrer werden am neuen ANTI CLASSIC ebenso ihre helle Freude haben wie Allroundspieler, die mit Störattacken am Tisch agieren. Die absolut perfekte Ballkontrolle hilft in allen Spielsituationen. Die enorme Ballsicherheit, die dieser sorgfältig verarbeitete Belag verleiht, ist das Ergebnis japanischer Hochleistungsproduktion. DONIC ANTI CLASSIC - für Abwehrer und Allrounder die richtige Antwort!
Lieferbar ab: Mitte Juni

at http://www.sport-schreiner-tt.de/dstore ... assic.html

translates more or less as: Donic Anti Classic. The allrounder. The very elastic antispin-surface and the soft sponge are what make the Anti Classic the allrounder amongst antispin rubbers. Imagenitive defenders who can vary their strokes will have great pleasure with the new Anti Classic, and so will allrounders who use disruptive actions close to the table. The absolute perfect control will assist in every situation. The enormous control over the ball offered by this carefully manufactured rubber is the result of Japanese highly sophisticated production. Donic Classic - for defenders and allrounders the right answer!
Available from mid June.

Donic rates it:
control 10+
speed 3
Spin 2+
hardness: Soft
surface: Anti-Spin

Interesting... why the sudden emergence of so many antis?

Last edited by Kees on 28 May 2011, 20:48, edited 4 times in total.

PostPosted: 28 May 2011, 20:29 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
It sounds like another similar one to Guard... I wonder if it's made in China?

PostPosted: 17 Jul 2011, 16:11 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

Blade: WRM Gokushu2
FH: S&T Secret Flow 1mm
BH: S&T Monkey ox
Looks like the Alligator Anti is available a few places now. First impressions from users on noppen-test are that it's awful: fast, hard, zero disruptive effects, hardly any spin reversal. :puke:

Donic's other new anti, the "Anti Classic," is supposed to be available August 1. |-)

The MNNB Blog has had some pretty amazing stuff lately. Just click this text to check it out.
| My OOAK Interview
Table Tennis Video Links: itTV | laola1.tv | ttbl | fftt | Challenger Series | mnnb-tv

My whole set-up costs less than a sheet of Butterfly Dignics

PostPosted: 11 Sep 2011, 19:50 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

I just checked out a sheet on the Alligator Anti, although I probably won't stick it onto a bat.

Topsheet feels hard and very smooth... virtually frictionless. Topsheet is probably similar hardness to GD Guard, but definitely less grip. The sponge is marked as hard, but it really does not feel that hard to me. It's a yellow sponge, looks like regular sponge material not the foam type sponge used on some of the recent new antispin rubbers. I'd expect it to have good reversal but the control is usually the issue with these frictionless antispin rubbers.

Has anyone tried it yet?

PostPosted: 30 Aug 2013, 11:17 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

I just glued a sheet of this onto a bat. Very little grip, virtually frictionless! Sponge actually feels kind of soft... not really hard at all. Topsheet is softer than Guard for sure. It reminds very much of the Dr N antispin rubbers.

Has anyone tried it in play?

PostPosted: 30 Aug 2013, 18:16 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Any impression as to the speed (or lack of it) of this anti? It is supposed to be relatively fast, but then it is supposed to be hard as well... A soft-sponged slow frictionless anti would be nice to try...

PostPosted: 30 Aug 2013, 18:50 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Just from bouncing the ball on the bat, it feels like a fairly hard topsheet with a soft sponge. I does not feel like a dampening sponge, as it definitely has some bounce, so it's not all that slow, but still slow compared to inverted rubbers.

PostPosted: 30 Aug 2013, 20:08 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

haggisv wrote:
Just from bouncing the ball on the bat, it feels like a fairly hard topsheet with a soft sponge. I does not feel like a dampening sponge, as it definitely has some bounce, so it's not all that slow, but still slow compared to inverted rubbers.

That would make it rather a "conventional" anti, then? A hard topsheet (which is unable to wrap itself around the ball) to take the grip away, a soft sponge to get low speed? It sounds a bit like a cross between a Stiga Energy Absorber and a Butterfly Super anti. Are you going to try it in play?

PostPosted: 30 Aug 2013, 20:17 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Not sure... if they wanted slow speed they should use a dampening sponge, whereas this has some spring in it, so I'm sure sure what benefit this can give. :^)

The rubber is not on one of my bats, so I can only try it if I get the chance to have a hit with the guy. ;) It's does not sound appealing enough (for my game) to cut another sheet just to try it. :oops: Of course I have been known to 'cave in' at times. :oops: :lol: