OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 15:11

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 16 Jun 2011, 18:48 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Dawg wrote
Quote:
Which is the slowest?
No big difference between Juic Neo-anti and Stiga Energy Absorber; they're both rather fast for an anti; the Yasaka may be slightly faster still; the T.Hold is slow. So is Tibhar Ellen Def, I heard, maybe even slower.

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 16 Jun 2011, 18:55 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

Blade: WRM Gokushu2
FH: S&T Secret Flow 1mm
BH: S&T Monkey ox
Dawg15 wrote:
mynamenotbob wrote:
Just recently I retested a bunch of black antis against the robot. I found Stiga Energy Absorber 1.6 to be the fastest of the bunch. Others tested were: Butterfly Super Anti, Yasaka Anti Power, Nittaku Best Anti, Juic Neo Anti and Joola Toni Hold Antitop.

Which is the slowest? Just ordered Best Anti and am anxious to try :) . I was looking for an anti to kill high speed.

I think the Toni Hold Antitop is the slowest. I'd rate the Best Anti 2.0 the second slowest, slightly slower than Super Anti Special. Anti Power and Neo Anti seemed about the same.

The MNNB Blog has had some pretty amazing stuff lately. Just click this text to check it out.
| My OOAK Interview
Table Tennis Video Links: itTV | laola1.tv | ttbl | fftt | Challenger Series | mnnb-tv

My whole set-up costs less than a sheet of Butterfly Dignics

PostPosted: 16 Jun 2011, 18:56 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

MNNB wrote
Quote:
Here's another one. This guy is the opposite of the guy above who takes everything on his backhand. He tries to take everything with the anti on his forehand.
He must have very slick anti, it seems to reverse well and it looks like it is not so easy to hit with. Does it say anything in the title about that (I can only read "Dmitrij" and after that I'm lost...)? By the way, you're coming up with Eastern-European stuff now. Any ideas as to how frequent anti is still played with in that region?

PostPosted: 16 Jun 2011, 18:58 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

Kees wrote:
Dawg wrote
Quote:
Which is the slowest?
No big difference between Juic Neo-anti and Stiga Energy Absorber; they're both rather fast for an anti; the Yasaka may be slightly faster still; the T.Hold is slow. So is Tibhar Ellen Def, I heard, maybe even slower.

I've never tried the Tibhar Ellens. Always shyed away because people said they were heavy.

The MNNB Blog has had some pretty amazing stuff lately. Just click this text to check it out.
| My OOAK Interview
Table Tennis Video Links: itTV | laola1.tv | ttbl | fftt | Challenger Series | mnnb-tv

PostPosted: 16 Jun 2011, 19:06 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

Kees wrote:
MNNB wrote
Quote:
Here's another one. This guy is the opposite of the guy above who takes everything on his backhand. He tries to take everything with the anti on his forehand.
He must have very slick anti, it seems to reverse well and it looks like it is not so easy to hit with. Does it say anything in the title about that (I can only read "Dmitrij" and after that I'm lost...)? By the way, you're coming up with Eastern-European stuff now. Any ideas as to how frequent anti is still played with in that region?

The one above I found by typing in антиспин (antispin in Russian).

We have to ask osyris21 about how often anti is used over there. He posts lots of terrific vids of material players from the region.

| My OOAK Interview

PostPosted: 16 Jun 2011, 21:08 
Super User

Blade: Sanwei Fextra 7
FH: PALIO AK47 Red
BH: Dr. Neubauer K.O. Pro 1.5
Kees wrote:
MNNB wrote
Quote:
Long pips and antispins are very popular in ex-Soviet Union countries (Russia, Ukraine, Belarusia) in veteran's game. "Material" rubbers used mostly for chopping away from the table. There are a hand of active runet (=Russian language Internet) forum users who still seek an FLP alternative for close-to-the-table game.

PostPosted: 17 Jun 2011, 01:08 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

The toni hold is slower than the ellen def (1.5 vs 1.5). The ellen has a slicker topsheet but is easier to hit with (for an anti, particuarly against topspin) due to the softer sponge.

The red is ellen is much slicker in the red, the black reacts a lot more to spin and allows for more when hitting.

I found the ellen in red easier to hit with than super anti.

PostPosted: 17 Jun 2011, 03:58 
More Block Than Bite

mynamenotbob wrote:
I think the Toni Hold Antitop is the slowest. I'd rate the Best Anti 2.0 the second slowest, slightly slower than Super Anti Special. Anti Power and Neo Anti seemed about the same.

What about Best Anti 1.3, would this be faster or slower than 2.0? Generally thicker sponge is faster, but I think some anti's may be different type of sponge changing this, is this correct?

Donic Defplay Senso | Yasaka Mark V 2.0 | SL Dornenglanz OX

Donic Defplay Senso | Butterfly Sriver | Testing

PostPosted: 17 Jun 2011, 04:05 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

Dawg15 wrote:
mynamenotbob wrote:

What about Best Anti 1.3, would this be faster or slower than 2.0? Generally thicker sponge is faster, but I think some anti's may be different type of sponge changing this, is this correct?

Yes, the 2.0 Best Anti is slower. Same holds true for Toni Hold (1.5 vs 2.5) and BFY Super Anti (1.3 vs 1.5 vs 1.9).

Some people go for the thinner ones to save on weight.

| My OOAK Interview

PostPosted: 17 Jun 2011, 06:25 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

Omut wrote:
Long pips and antispins are very popular in ex-Soviet Union countries (Russia, Ukraine, Belarusia) in veteran's game. "Material" rubbers used mostly for chopping away from the table. There are a hand of active runet (=Russian language Internet) forum users who still seek an FLP alternative for close-to-the-table game.

Here's one of those veteran anti choppers in the blue warm-up pants is using black anti on his backhand. This was uploaded by osyris21, who is an OOAK member.

Also, this is one I really like. A big guy (like moi) using anti to beat an up-and-coming kid.

| My OOAK Interview

PostPosted: 17 Jun 2011, 07:35 
More Block Than Bite

mynamenotbob wrote:
Also, this is one I really like. A big guy (like moi) using anti to beat an up-and-coming kid.

Wow, how old is that kid 8 or 9? He is good to be that young. Also, what anti is the big guy using (if you know)?

Donic Defplay Senso | Yasaka Mark V 2.0 | SL Dornenglanz OX

Donic Defplay Senso | Butterfly Sriver | Testing

PostPosted: 17 Jun 2011, 21:00 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Yesterday evening I played a couple of training matches with the Stiga Energy Absorber (on a Stiga Allround WRB, Globe 999 red 2.2 on forehand). It is a great blocking/attacking rubber. Blocks come fast if you want them to and slow if you hold back, spin-sensitivity was completely gone after an hour or so, and backing off occasionally to chop is very controlled with lots of backspin and a low ball. However, this set-up made my shoulder hurt afterwards, so I have to find something far more light-weight (blade & forehand rubber).

PostPosted: 18 Jun 2011, 03:35 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

Kees wrote:
However, this set-up made my shoulder hurt afterwards, so I have to find something far more light-weight (blade & forehand rubber).

Weight is a big concern with antis. A lot of players use cut down blades for that reason.

| My OOAK Interview

PostPosted: 02 Sep 2016, 19:10 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: GRUBBA
FH: RAYSTORM
BH: BEST ANTI
im using yasaka anti power at the moment on a slow blade-an old butterfly grubba pro (all minus blade)perfect on this .rubber is fast in 2mm so blade choice is a must.i am also looking at the stiga but i think that will be fast aswell.i would like to try the 1.6.

skilless_slapper wrote:
Damn, she was breaking that ass down! :rofl: