OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 06:34

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 07 Jul 2011, 23:48 
Do you feel lucky (young) punk?
Do you feel lucky (young) punk?

Blade: Juic Hinoki One Ply
FH: Tibhar 5Q
BH: Scandal
I see what you mean now. I suspect the reason you miss is the different throw angle of your pips and the new anti. In a panic situation, maybe you automatically go to the bat angle you used to use with the pips but when you have more time, you use the proper bat angle? :)

PostPosted: 08 Jul 2011, 23:42 
Super User

Blade: Sanwei Fextra 7
FH: PALIO AK47 Red
BH: Dr. Neubauer K.O. Pro 1.5
Sorry, I did not understand the subject posting, too long for my poor English.

In my experience anti feels like regular inverted rubber with a small but noticeable catapult effect, very different from Ox LPs and even from sponged SPs.

PostPosted: 09 Jul 2011, 05:09 

I think slick is right and you even stated why. After playing LP for a long time your natural reaction has been trained to adjust the blade angle to what has worked. As you said you can not drill for this shot so it takes a long time of reacting to change it. Kinda like when you change your grip, but then you could hit 1000,s of balls a day doing it. How many reaction/relex shots do you get in a week? I had the same problem with it on the chickenwing attack with my anti. I wasn't willing to give it the time to readjust it, and that reaction lunge type shot has always been good with my normal sit up from day one, so ever time I try to change I always g back to what feels right. If you are willing to give it the time and take your losses then it to will become natural blade angle. Good luck. Ps. I love the reversal of nightmare

Tri-carbon HAMMER

PostPosted: 27 Jul 2011, 06:47 

I'm a new convert to "anti" after 15 years of other kinds of rubber.

I find that for a low wide shot, if i understand the scenerio correctly, with anti 804, i just play a stretched closed block top spin style. the 804 which has spin of its own(opening the package it had less grip and felt slippery but acquired more grip as i used it), allows you to play a pretty good top spin backhand. It also allows to chop pretty well athough nowhere as good as an lp. 804 for me is pretty versatile even though it may not be considered as a true anti - you can hit all the possible shots almost equally well.

I also find that its a high wide fast top spin to my bh that gives me a hard time when reacting. I f I chop it it goes wide and long like a regular inverted but of course I still need to practice to iron out the kinks etc.