OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 16:28

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 497 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 34  Next
 Post subject: Tested Joola Timeless
PostPosted: 26 Oct 2011, 04:10 
Super User

Blade: On Elmstreet Ulmo
FH: Palio Flying Dragon
BH: Spinparasite
At the end today I have had chance to test this new Joola Timeless anti at my clup .First of all I have to say that this rubber is very different from the anties we know.It hasn't got hard surface like other anties ,it has soft surface and very soft sponge like thing under the rubber .On the surface you can see tiny pip like things but in fact they are not pips because you can see real normal size pips under the rubber.I tested Timeless on Dr Neubauer Special blade and I saw that this rubber has massive spin reversal,perhaps nearer to the banned Super Block but the bad side is Timeless is not as slow as Super Block,much faster.So it is not easy to block fast topspins but for the slow or medium topspins it is really very effective in terms of spinreversal.Although Joola claims that Timeless has good control I had difficulty to control the balls,especially fast ones.When you chop away from table it is effective and it is obvious that this rubber has some friction because chops are sometimes float but sometimes have spin on them.It is much easier to hit float balls than the old frictionless ones.On Thursday I will test it on slower blade Hallmark Aurora.I think it will be more controllable on this blade.Thanks

PostPosted: 26 Oct 2011, 04:16 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

Blade: WRM Gokushu2
FH: S&T Secret Flow 1mm
BH: S&T Monkey ox
Maybe it works better on a ALL blade without balsa. Looking forward to your review on the Aurora blade.

The MNNB Blog has had some pretty amazing stuff lately. Just click this text to check it out.
| My OOAK Interview
Table Tennis Video Links: itTV | laola1.tv | ttbl | fftt | Challenger Series | mnnb-tv

My whole set-up costs less than a sheet of Butterfly Dignics

PostPosted: 26 Oct 2011, 04:31 
Super User

mynamenotbob wrote:
Maybe it works better on a ALL blade without balsa. Looking forward to your review on the Aurora blade.

Yes I hope so.If I solve the speed problem I think this will be the rubber for me and surely better than the frictionless ones because hitting float balls much easier with Timeless.I will also test it on LKT Toxic 3 too.Toxic is also very slow blade.

PostPosted: 26 Oct 2011, 07:08 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
Sounds like it has some promise...or at least it sounds like it's a new idea and something novel. THanks for the review Fadil Olguner! :clap:

PostPosted: 26 Oct 2011, 07:24 
Super User

haggisv wrote:
Sounds like it has some promise...or at least it sounds like it's a new idea and something novel. THanks for the review Fadil Olguner! :clap:

We will see what it is in a short time, haggisv. Now after Nightmare we have another alternative.

PostPosted: 26 Oct 2011, 09:22 
Roar Talent
Roar Talent

Blade: Tiago Apolonia ZLC
FH: Rhyzer 50
BH: Donic Acuda Blue P3
Fadil, how much does it cost in your homeland? Please convert to US dollar. I know it was advertised at 100 us dollar but I want to have an idea how much does it actually cost considering shipping etc.

PostPosted: 26 Oct 2011, 14:46 

Blade: ANTI HERO
FH: PISTOL(1.00mm)
BH: VORTEX(1.2MM)
I bought here http://www.galaxysport.de/catalog/index.php?cPath=22 and paid for postage nearlly 5 dollar.

PostPosted: 26 Oct 2011, 18:11 
Super User

emm21 wrote:
Fadil, how much does it cost in your homeland? Please convert to US dollar. I know it was advertised at 100 us dollar but I want to have an idea how much does it actually cost considering shipping etc.

It costs 111 US dollar to Cyprus from Europe.

PostPosted: 26 Oct 2011, 20:35 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Blade: Bty Gergely T5000
FH: TSP Regalis Blue Max
BH: Tibhar Grass Dtecs
Fadil Olguner wrote:
emm21 wrote:

It costs 111 US dollar to Cyprus from Europe.

Damn that would want to be good! I won't pay that for a blade! :lol:

S/U 3: Blade: Bty Gergely . No rubbers...thinking of adding Red Dtecs and Black Rasant
Aussie Table Tennis Shop / Aussie Table Tennis Facebook Page / Equipment Review Index / Read my Reb Report Blog: click here.

PostPosted: 26 Oct 2011, 22:52 
Super User

Blade: Dr. Neubauer Firewall +
FH: Butterfly Tenergy 05
BH: Spinlab Vortex 2.3
I heard, in German forums the Timeless was damned for extremely crude craftsmanship and and durability. What's your impression in this regard? Does it really dismantle from sponge after a couple of hours?

PostPosted: 27 Oct 2011, 03:48 
Super User

Slick wrote:
I heard, in German forums the Timeless was damned for extremely crude craftsmanship and and durability. What's your impression in this regard? Does it really dismantle from sponge after a couple of hours?

Well ,you are right it has a little bit crude craftsmanship but you know this is mostly not important for a player .... but it is important for Joola especially for an expensive rubber like this.What is important for me is the durability of this rubber.I really worry about its durability,it is so soft that I don't know what will happen.I don't want to buy this expensive rubber twice a year.And also I worry about its sponge it is so soft that after gluing several times you need another sponge if this is really a sponge.Thanks

PostPosted: 28 Oct 2011, 07:53 
Super User

mynamenotbob wrote:

mynamenotbob ,on Aurora blade Timeless becomes more controllable for me.I can block,attack easily especially spinny balls.I put a short video on anti/pimple video section.Of course it was my first day with this rubber ,so I made a lot of mistakes while blocking but some balls after blocking was carrying heavy backspin.The boy playing with me is one of the best players (number one)of my country and he knows very well how this kind of rubbers work.Thanks

PostPosted: 31 Oct 2011, 16:08 
Super User

What components of this rubber could possibly bring the price up to such an exceptional level? Or is it just due to high demand that they put the price up ridiculously high.

S#1: Joola Wing Passion Fast, FH: 729 Cream 2.2, BH: 802-40 2.
S#2: Joola Trix Medium, FH: Hurricane 3 Neo 2, BH: 279 FX Lightning 2.2.
S#3: Galaxy 896, , BH: Pro XP 2.FH: Pro XP 2.2
S#4: Senso Waldner Carbon, FH: Apollo I 2.2, BH: Blowfish Plush Short Pimple Tensor.

S#4: Giant Dragon Kris Special, FH: Giant Dragon TaiChi Soft, BH: Giant Dragon Meteorite Soft.

PostPosted: 31 Oct 2011, 22:15 
Super User

Velonstrials wrote:
What components of this rubber could possibly bring the price up to such an exceptional level? Or is it just due to high demand that they put the price up ridiculously high.

I also want to learn,the only thing I know is that the second reason you write is not the reason of the high price...

PostPosted: 01 Nov 2011, 00:50 
Do you feel lucky (young) punk?
Do you feel lucky (young) punk?

Blade: Juic Hinoki One Ply
FH: Tibhar 5Q
BH: Scandal
The price was made high to create the demand. Same thing done with alot of artwork. I sell more paintings when I have high prices than when I have low prices.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 497 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 34  Next