OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 19 Mar 2024, 11:45

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 497 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34  Next
PostPosted: 21 Mar 2012, 14:58 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Thanks, Slick, good job. :up: Just two minor corrections:
Slick wrote:
Since I am currently practicing and developing my German, I'll give it a try:

1) Slick antis [SA] are suited for players targeting at playing with speed variation purposely. Their position has to be close to the table in order to put their opponents under pressure utilizing the advantages of their anti. There is one requirement, "clear thinking", because strategy is decisive for this to achieve.

2) In principle, blades should be rather stiff. JOOLA Chen Weixing, for instance, is ideal for this.

3) Antis are rare in defensive play because their potential for variation away from the table are simply too small.

4) Even for grippy antis I would prefer stiff blades.

5) I do believe such a system of playing might be established. However, what is needed are players willing to practice extremely much.

6) I advise real offenders to use other rubbers. [The following is somewhat difficult to understand] Extremely fast players certainly could achieve one or another positive effects [There could certainly be some positive effect or other for extremely fast players]. However, this type of player may benefit more from other materials.

PostPosted: 15 Apr 2012, 02:36 
Super User

Blade: On Elmstreet Ulmo
FH: Palio Flying Dragon
BH: Spinparasite
Sad news to Timeless users.All the red Timeless sheets became illegal.As the OldDuffer wrote all the red Timeless sponges are black.ITTF ban using black sponge under red sheets.So because of this new rule all the red Timeless sheets are now against the rule.As all we know Timeless is not a cheap rubbber and I hope Joola will sell only Timeless sponge to the Timeless users.

PostPosted: 15 Apr 2012, 02:41 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

Blade: WRM Gokushu2
FH: S&T Secret Flow 1mm
BH: S&T Monkey ox
Fadil Olguner wrote:
Sad news to Timeless users.All the red Timeless sheets became illegal.As the OldDuffer wrote all the red Timeless sponges are black.ITTF ban using black sponge under red sheets.So because of this new rule all the red Timeless sheets are now against the rule.As all we know Timeless is not a cheap rubbber and I hope Joola will sell only Timeless sponge to the Timeless users.

Do we know for a fact that is the rule? I know it was one of the proposals at the AGM, but so far the ITTF has refused to release the decisions on these proposals.

The MNNB Blog has had some pretty amazing stuff lately. Just click this text to check it out.
| My OOAK Interview
Table Tennis Video Links: itTV | laola1.tv | ttbl | fftt | Challenger Series | mnnb-tv

My whole set-up costs less than a sheet of Butterfly Dignics

PostPosted: 15 Apr 2012, 04:18 
Super User

mynamenotbob wrote:
Fadil Olguner wrote:

Do we know for a fact that is the rule? I know it was one of the proposals at the AGM, but so far the ITTF has refused to release the decisions on these proposals.

And that is really good news,mynamenotbob.

PostPosted: 15 Apr 2012, 04:37 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

Blade: WRM Gokushu2
FH: S&T Secret Flow 1mm
BH: S&T Monkey ox
This is the proposal. I believe it was rejected. I asked Adham in his thread for confirmation.

Attachments:
Screen Shot 2012-04-14 at 3.02.25 PM.png
Screen Shot 2012-04-14 at 3.02.25 PM.png [ 31.17 KiB | Viewed 1884 times ]

The MNNB Blog has had some pretty amazing stuff lately. Just click this text to check it out.
| My OOAK Interview
Table Tennis Video Links: itTV | laola1.tv | ttbl | fftt | Challenger Series | mnnb-tv

My whole set-up costs less than a sheet of Butterfly Dignics

PostPosted: 15 Apr 2012, 06:12 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

mynamenotbob wrote:
This is the proposal. I believe it was rejected. I asked Adham in his thread for confirmation.

Proviso: Even if you are Clark Kent/Superman, it is still in no way concievable that Timeless could be translucent. Rules clarification Please...
tOD

PostPosted: 15 Apr 2012, 06:34 
Super User

mynamenotbob wrote:

Thanks MNNB

PostPosted: 20 Jun 2012, 04:51 
Super User

Today we put Timeless to the back hand side of one of my students.First day he was not bad.Before Timeless he was a slippery rubber player but now with Timeless he blocks well and even attack.I am hopeful about him.

PostPosted: 25 Jun 2012, 20:03 

Hi guys-
Can anyone help with the below information please?

I got my nightmare rubber today.. I am excited and wanna try now..
I have received the below:
-Nightmare rubber(Topsheet + sponge)
-White sheet(dont know what is this for)

Also I wanna try this nightmare on different plys(stiga alloround blade & DHS PG7 Blade) to check which suits the best.
I need your urgent help here:

1) Can i apply and reapply on different blades without damaging the nightmare rubber?
2) What is this white sheet used for?
3) I have a DONIC glue...is this glue ok for nightmare? Could you please let me know the process of how to stick this nightmare on my blade?

I wanna apply this rubber now.. very excited so please someone reply this message as early as possible please.. I will check my inbox after one hour.. thanks a ton...:)

Thanks,

PostPosted: 26 Jun 2012, 01:47 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

hello9959 wrote:
Hi guys-

Also I wanna try this nightmare on different plys(stiga alloround blade & DHS PG7 Blade) to check which suits the best.

1) Can i apply and reapply on different blades without damaging the nightmare rubber?
3) I have a DONIC glue...is this glue ok for nightmare? Could you please let me know the process of how to stick this nightmare on my blade?

I wanna apply this rubber now.. very excited so please someone reply this message as early as possible please.. I will check my inbox after one hour.. thanks a ton...:)

Likely it is a glue sheet. It is difficult to remove and replace without injury to the top sheet.
tOD

Thanks,

PostPosted: 26 Jun 2012, 16:47 
Super User

Blade: Dr. Neubauer Firewall +
FH: Butterfly Tenergy 05
BH: Spinlab Vortex 2.3
hello9959 wrote:
Hi guys-

Thanks,
This is the Timeless thread ... anyhow:
1) The NM cannot be easily applied onto different blades mostly because of its strong gluesheet. You may avoid this to a certain extent by using a different, less strong gluesheet.
2) This is the gluesheet to apply rubber on blade.
3) Glue will damage NM's sponge.

PostPosted: 28 Aug 2012, 20:05 
Super User

Bulldog wrote:
Hi Slick and Fadil

I finally plucked up the courage to use TL in my main League last night. I beat a good friend of mine in my first singles match coming from 2 games down to win 11 3 in the fifth. Nerves about using TL inhibited me at first.

Lost second match to an improving player who relies heavily on his spin serve because he kept those serves on my forehand wing. I shoud have twiddled or risked moving round to take them with the TL but was tactically poor. Will whip him next time.

Played really well with the TL in the doubles which we won at a canter. Then won my final singles match comfortably against a typical third ball attacker. One block in the final game was awesome. I just got the bat in the way of a fullblooded smash which should not have gone back...but did! The look on his face was worth the money I paid for the rubber!

Fadil, I agree with Slick that the rubber has to be used to put opponents off their stroke while rallying by changing speed and spin subtly. Sometimes I slowed the ball down so much that I missed the next ball by playing too early myself!

I think the rubber is best used in conjunction with a spinny rubber on the forehand capable of finishing off a point quickly when the ball is up to hit.Finally won some very cheap points using it to serve flat across table and more riskily down the line where the serve should be somewhat shorter.

I am determined to persevere with this rubber.Tough League match against a team from my club who know my game inside out on Monday. I will be happy if I win one but know by this time next season I will be able to beat them all with the current rate of progress.

Bulldog :D

Hey Bulldog, I just want to know whether you still stick with TL.
And, what about you, theOldDuffer?
Have you two put your vote into my new poll :)

PostPosted: 28 Aug 2012, 20:59 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

I did enter and have the Timeless on a Ross Leidy Chameleon and practiced with it last night. I have a tournament on Saturday and might go with a duplicate blade with Kokuktaku Tulpe 911 on the backhand instead. The TL plays much better if I hit the correct shot, but too many times, my default stroke is one that favors the 911.
tOD

PostPosted: 29 Aug 2012, 05:03 
Super User

Blade: Victas Matsushita
FH: Joola Dynaryz ZGR
BH: Tibhar Grass DTecS
Hi Slick

I had to stop using Timeless as I have ongoing injury problems with elbow and shoulder on my playing arm. I found the Timeless was too slow for me once I got forced back any distance from the table.

I am using inverted both sides at the moment for the first time since 2003 or thereabouts. Using Tibhar Super Defense 40 with 0.5mm sponge on backhand wing of an all-round blade but still have a combination set-up up my sleeve.

I did vote and I am strongly of the opinion that Timeless reverses spin but not as much as the Super Block and Inferno which I still remember with such affection.

Bulldog.

PostPosted: 29 Aug 2012, 14:00 
Super User

Bulldog, have you ever tried any other slick anti?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 497 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34  Next

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!