OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 20 Apr 2024, 10:50

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject: Re: wood for anti?
PostPosted: 18 Apr 2012, 07:38 

Blade: Palio Tct
FH: Yasaka Rakza 7 soft (Max)
BH: Nittaku Best Anti (1.3mm)
-

PostPosted: 14 Jun 2012, 17:44 

Hi Kees,
[Note: below applied only for SLICK antis]
one of your statement can be put as below "more springy blades (more on high impact, less on low inpact) does exactly the opposite of what the sponges of most anti's do" ----> Does that mean fast,stiffer,head thickness(>6.2mm) blades are very suitable for ANTI.. Have you concluded or found which is better for anti.. I personally feel flexi blades are not suitable for slick antis though if they are slow and thats one reason why ULI(in one of his post) felt uncontrollable with TOXIC blade(flexi)...

I am searching one best blade for my setup
BH: Nightmare 1.2 mm
FH: DHS Hurricane 2 (low throw,high tacky)
Style: Close to the table.

I was just browsing the ratings of the blades and found the below list(good to excellent blocking blades):
Xi Enting Shark 686
Butterfly Kreanga Aeros Off+
Palio TC6
Dawei Wavestone WRB
Stiga Tube Carbo WRB
Galaxy T-8
Galaxy EC-14
Galaxy EC-13
Yasaka Ma Lin Extra Offensive
DHS Power-G PG7-L
Stiga Clipper CR WRB

Now we need to find out which of the above is best suited for SLICK antis.
NOTE---->CRITERIA of selection of above blades: Fast,medium stiff to stiff,medium hard, thick head size,non balsa

All guys--- please share your views.. You can add other blades as well but should match the above criteria..

Cheers,

Kees wrote:
Who among you knows and could explain why which kind of wood combines well with the use of anti?
From my own experience, balsa is out - its spring (more on high impact, less on low inpact) does exactly the opposite of what the sponges of most anti's do and thus neutralizes one of anti-spin rubbers' best/key qualities.
Poplar (as used for Joola Toni Hold Whitespot) combines well, as it is pretty much inert. As it is a soft-wood and loose-fibred it absorbs incoming energy by internal deformation. Also, it is not too heavy (Joola THW baldes weigh about 80 grams). Downside is that it works to make slow loaded spin, but not for fast loaded spin with the inverted.
Willow is related to poplar, but heavier. It is used in Butterfly's classic defense blades, which I have -alas - never tried with anti.
Does anyone know more? I'd like to come up here with thorough advice for anti-users as to which kind of blade to choose.

PostPosted: 17 Jun 2012, 09:24 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Ross Leidy's Chameleon 1.1 works well with Joola Timeless, can't say how it would do with Nightmare.
tOD

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!