OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 06:48

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 09 Feb 2012, 04:44 

nittaku best anti,wich is more good 1.3,or 2.0 on a blade donic defplay senso classic! now i am plaing from two mounth with hallmark mirage modified,i removed the sponge,and i put a new max red sponge from friendship! in FH,i use tackiness chop 1.9. i won a tournament with this combination,amateurs,of course, i use the backhand just to put the ball on the table,and for the most winning points forhand do the jobb.After i read on this forum about mirage,on comparison posts,i realise that this rubber is weak! i want to know if is time to make a change,or stay a while in this combination!Best regards to all of you!

PostPosted: 09 Feb 2012, 21:22 
Super User

Blade: Dr. Neubauer Firewall +
FH: Butterfly Tenergy 05
BH: Spinlab Vortex 2.3
Well, its difficult to advice, as nobody knows how your modified Mirage may play. However, compared to the original at least, you will face two paradigm shifts: NBA is faster and has somewhat more spin reversal.

PostPosted: 09 Feb 2012, 21:45 

with mirage sponge it was very slow,with the new sponge,i can provide more spin revesal,much speed .
&list=UUdO64y5Ka3YRSm3jMTw41rg&index=10&feature=plcp
i put here the third set in the final,when the opponent had 10-5,and i won 12-10.
i am at the beggining of this style,and i want to be better! i understand the fact that i need more practice,i don,t search a weapon to finish a point after two or three touch,i play atack since i begin to learn tt,but now i can't resist fisickly,a long rally,for me is hard,at 18 years the weight was 56kg,now i am 43 and weight 85kg,you now i begin to be slow,my feet are thin,etc. please atleast can you tell me about NBA,what is the difference between 1.3 and 2.0,i prefer to choop,instead,block,i am good with topspin on FH.counterhit,and backspin.thank you for the first impression,i expect more.god bless you all!

PostPosted: 01 Mar 2012, 20:33 

I can play best with the 1,3mm old sponge.
Yoe can identify it at the serial NR. on the topsheet.
On the video I can only see your well halfdistanzdenfence with the Anti.
The NBA allows blocking and countering as well.
The elder sponge has a better dumpening and is excellent for chopping and also for deep defending.

PostPosted: 04 Mar 2012, 18:35 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

transporter:
Quote:
please atleast can you tell me about NBA,what is the difference between 1.3 and 2.0

For chopping the thinner sponge is better - it is easier to control and has a bit more reversal. For attack the sponge has to grip the ball, so 2.0 is better.
If your game is evolving towards steady chopping on the backhand, you may be better off with a slower anti: Tibhar Ellen Def, Butterfly Super Anti, Joola Toni Hold Antispin, all in 1.5. Super Anti is easiest, as it is completely insensitive to incoming spin, but it can't make real spin of its own; the other two anti's can.

PostPosted: 05 Mar 2012, 03:35 

Thanks a lot,for reply! Last saturday i was to another table tennis championship,but because i won a tournament,they gave me a lot of points and the rules are if you have 19 points you must play at the open. After that tournament(that i won in 21 january),i chanced the rubbers,in bh i put yasaka antipower2.0,and in fh xiom vega europe max,on the same blade donic defplay senso clasic. In the week before the tournament i practice twice(3-4 hours),and i tried to be more agresive,with my partners,and i felt it was o more good choise with the new combination,but in tournament i failed,i had a group from 7 persons,and i beat only 2,and i had a bad luck to a person who also play with anti,on a hard blade,he managed to return after i had 2-0 sets,and 7-1 points,10-8,after this match i couldn't find myself,a guy beet me in a second set at 11-0,and in the third i wake up a litle and beet me 12-10!I know it needs more practice to achieve some confidents,but now i am i little confuse,all i want is to find a way to play more secure,to keep the ball on the table,low. this week i put on my old blade grass d-tecs 1.6,in bh,and in fh tibhar super defense,1.6,and i practice from half an hour,i felt some thing else,my partner after two or three balls,can't do anything to this combination,he put a lot the ball in the net,or out of the table,but the grass d-tecs is hard to control,i like to counterhit with this rubber! this week i am gonna try on a blade butterfly coferllait,729-755 ox in bh,and in fh donic slice1.6,or formula donic sonex jp! after that i want to try stiga destoyer in bh,and tack.chop in fh. for this i want an advice,what sponge it works for stiga destroyer, on a slow blade as def play senso clasic,or should i buy another blade like LQ-1 yinhe. Conclusion for for my future in tt,is for chopping with bachand! best regards.

PostPosted: 05 Mar 2012, 05:18 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

transporter
Quote:
after that i want to try stiga destoyer in bh,and tack.chop in fh. for this i want an advice,what sponge it works for stiga destroyer, on a slow blade as def play senso clasic,or should i buy another blade like LQ-1 yinhe.

Stiga Destroyer is one of the fastest antispin rubbers, very good in 2.0 mm for attack, but it can be used in 1.6 mm for chopping. In 1.6 mm it is still rather fast, much faster than chopping anti's like Tibhar Ellen Def or Joola Toni Hold, or Butterfly Super Anti. The sponge of the Destroyer is not soft, and very elastic, so when you hit the ball gets good speed. For chopping, it is easy to keep the ball low, but hard to keep it on the table. I have used it on the slowest blades and even then it is hard to chop safely with. Even in 1.6 mm it would be faster than Tackiness Chop.

PostPosted: 05 Mar 2012, 05:32 

ok,before i make up my mind,i shall stay with hallmark mirage topsheet+friendship magic red sponge 2.2 in backhand,and tck.chop in fh,because next saturday i shall have another tournament,because of not to much points at the last one,my guesses i think i'll play under open category.after i'll try some other rubbers,i'll tell you some reviews! xiom vega europa it is to fast! i lost to many points,with it in fh!,and yasaka anti,on a slow blade not good for chop! in youre opinion,if i am going to chop with backhand,it is very good chopping with anti,or with long pimples? as an ex atacker i know how to play against anti and long pimp players,i beet a lot of players!

PostPosted: 05 Mar 2012, 16:04 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

transporter
Quote:
in youre opinion,if i am going to chop with backhand,it is very good chopping with anti,or with long pimples?

It depends on a lot of things, but most of all on how you want to play. You can make either work.

PostPosted: 05 Mar 2012, 16:39 

i think,chopping with long pimples rubber it is more dangerous,provides more backspin and the opponent can't keep a long rally in topspin! an observation,many people on this forum speaks about anti-rubbers,and most are playing with long pimps! no offense!

PostPosted: 05 Mar 2012, 18:28 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

transporter
Quote:
i think,chopping with long pimples rubber it is more dangerous,provides more backspin and the opponent can't keep a long rally in topspin!

Most people agree and that is why anti's are used by a minority of players. However, the idea as such is actually vague - there is no simple or generally accepted definition of being "dangerous" for instance - and needs to be qualified, at the very least. As for producing backspin, with both anti and long pimples you are dependent on the incoming spin. This is why most Chinese modern defenders use short pips, which are capable of making a good amount of spin on their own; but short pips do not reverse incoming spin well, so a player using them does not profit from incoming topspin, nor is he/she able to produce as much backspin as a player using inverted rubber. Using an LP or anti and having an opponent who provides maximum topspin, you are able to produce more backspin than a player using SP, but this is not always an advantage as the amount of backspin is not the only factor determining how "dangerous" a rubber is, for much depends on the tactics and techniques used. All in all, the matter is a very complex one and general statements about it are little help to increase understanding or come to useful practical decisions. The best thing to do, in practice, is to try and specify your personal needs in as great detail as possible and then see how different kinds of equipment fit the requirements.

PostPosted: 05 Mar 2012, 18:51 
Super User

Blade: Dr. Neubauer Firewall +
FH: Butterfly Tenergy 05
BH: Spinlab Vortex 2.3
I would even like to go a step farther. If you have practicing partners using LP, you may easily adjust to wobbling and their changes in spin. However, legal LPs do by far not produce as much spin retention as modern, slick antis do, if not by an appreciable arm/hand motion. Against an educated opponent, this is what often makes the final difference. Of course, a major point is that there are much more LP players out there in the wilderness than anti players. So opponents have much less chance to adjust to this style and this type of danger. A couple of years ago, this would have been much more difficult when the wild was crowded with - now banned - slick pips.
The main reason I prefer playing Joola Timeless is its price and its poor durability (although I have tricks now to partially overcome the latter issue). This leads to the fact that very few players actually use it, so that only few opponents can get used to the very unique properties of this particular rubber.
I'd love to see many players using this rubber so that Joola and T.H. would maintain its production and keep it on the legality list, but not in Germany where they could practice with my potential opponents ;-)

PostPosted: 06 Mar 2012, 04:51 

Kees wrote:
transporter
Quote:
after that i want to try stiga destoyer in bh,and tack.chop in fh. for this i want an advice,what sponge it works for stiga destroyer, on a slow blade as def play senso clasic,or should i buy another blade like LQ-1 yinhe.

Stiga Destroyer is one of the fastest antispin rubbers, very good in 2.0 mm for attack, but it can be used in 1.6 mm for chopping. In 1.6 mm it is still rather fast, much faster than chopping anti's like Tibhar Ellen Def or Joola Toni Hold, or Butterfly Super Anti. The sponge of the Destroyer is not soft, and very elastic, so when you hit the ball gets good speed. For chopping, it is easy to keep the ball low, but hard to keep it on the table. I have used it on the slowest blades and even then it is hard to chop safely with. Even in 1.6 mm it would be faster than Tackiness Chop.

Stiga Destroyer is not an anti, it is a long pip.
The Stiga anti is called Energy Absorber.

PostPosted: 06 Mar 2012, 16:20 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Antidefender
Quote:
Stiga Destroyer is not an anti, it is a long pip.
The Stiga anti is called Energy Absorber

I stand corrected... I must have expected anti's in an anti section and missed the point... :oops:

PostPosted: 06 Mar 2012, 21:12 

sorry guys,because of missing the point playing with anti-rubber! and thanks a lot for,advices after this week,i am gonna tell you more! about my decision using in bh anti or long pimp!best regards to all of you.in three hours i am going to practice!,

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!