OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 19 Mar 2024, 11:31

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 09 Aug 2012, 09:03 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Slick wrote:
So, let's be patient and wait for the legal Beast...

I have used the black special (yellow 1.5mm I think) for a bit now and with it has grown, losing friction, without any "encouragement", the red has not...go figure,

tOD

PostPosted: 14 Nov 2012, 18:27 

First of all, sorry if my english is bad.

I have only tested two anti rubbers (Super Anti 2 mm and Best Anti 2mm) and I usually play with long pips. I tested last monday this rubber (Soft Anti 0.9mm Red on a Joola Chen Weixing), and I found it very easy to use.

Returning services was quite easy, even tough the surface is a bit sensitive to spin, but adjusting the blade angle I was able to retuern almost every service low.

Bolcking topspins was good and with a decent reversal; important to hit the ball inmediatly after the bounce.

Chop block was really good and easy, less reversal than Super Anti, but my team mates didn´t had a good time dealing with it.

Chop: Near the table, if your opponent is chopping to, you can chop witout the ball poping up; far is very easy and decent reversal.

Attacks: I found it very easy, specially underspin balls; but with no spin balls you can hit without any fear, but no more than two, the third will not pass the net.

Today I will test de rubber on a Joo Se Hyuk.

PostPosted: 15 Nov 2012, 19:15 

After testing it with a Joo Se hyuk Blade, I feel that this rubber works better on a stiff blade. I can get a little bit more reversal and attacking is more consistent.

paulzgz wrote:
First of all, sorry if my english is bad.

I have only tested two anti rubbers (Super Anti 2 mm and Best Anti 2mm) and I usually play with long pips. I tested last monday this rubber (Soft Anti 0.9mm Red on a Joola Chen Weixing), and I found it very easy to use.

Returning services was quite easy, even tough the surface is a bit sensitive to spin, but adjusting the blade angle I was able to retuern almost every service low.

Bolcking topspins was good and with a decent reversal; important to hit the ball inmediatly after the bounce.

Chop block was really good and easy, less reversal than Super Anti, but my team mates didn´t had a good time dealing with it.

Chop: Near the table, if your opponent is chopping to, you can chop witout the ball poping up; far is very easy and decent reversal.

Attacks: I found it very easy, specially underspin balls; but with no spin balls you can hit without any fear, but no more than two, the third will not pass the net.

Today I will test de rubber on a Joo Se Hyuk.

PostPosted: 18 Nov 2013, 19:34 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
I was wondering if anyone else has tried this rubber?

Is the OX really without sponge (not legal), or does it have a very thin sponge?

It seems that the Soft Anti Special has been discontinued.

PostPosted: 20 Nov 2013, 04:37 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

haggisv wrote:
I was wondering if anyone else has tried this rubber?

Is the OX really without sponge (not legal), or does it have a very thin sponge?

It seems that the Soft Anti Special has been discontinued.

As far as I know there is no OX version of this rubber. The Soft Anti is available in 0.9mm and 1.5 mm (dampening sponge; much softer than the one coming with the GD Guard) and the (faster) Soft Anti Special in 0.5 mm and 1.0 mm medium hard normal sponge. I guess a 0.5 mm sponge can seem like OX...
I haven't heard they were discontinued. It can't be because they do no meet ITTF requirements. But perhaps Giant Dragon is experiencing quality control problems. These anti's are frequently of poor quality. I had a Guard on dampening sponge that kept curling up at the edges, another one that came partly unstuck of its sponge, and then left it at that. It is too bad, because their playing qualities are quite interesting.

PostPosted: 20 Nov 2013, 06:49 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
Kees wrote:
As far as I know there is no OX version of this rubber. The Soft Anti is available in 0.9mm and 1.5 mm (dampening sponge; much softer than the one coming with the GD Guard) and the (faster) Soft Anti Special in 0.5 mm and 1.0 mm medium hard normal sponge. I guess a 0.5 mm sponge can seem like OX...

Look at the picture from Giant Dragon catalogue at the start of this thread. ;)

Kees wrote:
I haven't heard they were discontinued. It can't be because they do no meet ITTF requirements. But perhaps Giant Dragon is experiencing quality control problems. These anti's are frequently of poor quality. I had a Guard on dampening sponge that kept curling up at the edges, another one that came partly unstuck of its sponge, and then left it at that. It is too bad, because their playing qualities are quite interesting.

I asked Giant Dragon about this, and they responded saying there is too many models making it not viable to mass produce them, which does make sense, as they can't be big sellers.

PostPosted: 20 Nov 2013, 15:16 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Haggisv
Quote:
Look at the picture from Giant Dragon catalogue at the start of this thread. ;)

I had seen it ;) ; I meant that I am not aware of its availability in OX in (web)shops - in W-Europe. Not even specialized shops like japsko or spinfactory have it in OX. Perhaps the OX version is for the Asian market only, as many Chinese love to assemble topsheet and sponge themselves? Not a bad idea, maybe, given the quality of the finished product.