OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 20 Apr 2024, 07:40

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 29 Apr 2012, 18:06 
The aPPrentice
The aPPrentice

Slick wrote:
it's a couple of cents, isn't it.

...Five USD for two in some cases...

PostPosted: 02 May 2012, 06:27 
Super User

Blade: On Elmstreet Ulmo
FH: Palio Flying Dragon
BH: Spinparasite
What about spin reversal of this anti.

PostPosted: 07 Dec 2012, 10:52 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
I've just hit a few balls with this rubber, as well as had a chat with a player who knows how to use it.

I was amazed how much spin this rubber can generate... it's probably 70% of a regular rubber, which is huge for an antispin. The very thin topsheet and soft sponge facilites this. So if you brush lightly you can get loads of spin, but as soon as you hit through the ball a little, it just bottoms out. You can even loop the ball with this rubber, as long as you brush lightly.

I can get loads off spin on serves and pushes, but blocks against loops go back virtually dead, and it's effortless to block as it's very insensitive to spin. Similarly hitting required an open bat face, very similar to blocking with short pips.

PostPosted: 08 Dec 2012, 00:35 

haggisv wrote:
I've just hit a few balls with this rubber, as well as had a chat with a player who knows how to use it.

I was amazed how much spin this rubber can generate... it's probably 70% of a regular rubber, which is huge for an antispin. The very thin topsheet and soft sponge facilites this. So if you brush lightly you can get loads of spin, but as soon as you hit through the ball a little, it just bottoms out. You can even loop the ball with this rubber, as long as you brush lightly.

I can get loads off spin on serves and pushes, but blocks against loops go back virtually dead, and it's effortless to block as it's very insensitive to spin. Similarly hitting required an open bat face, very similar to blocking with short pips.

Can you compare with any anti in some characteristics?

PostPosted: 13 Mar 2013, 03:22 

With the English season nearly over I'm thinking of trying this rubber out.
Which blade would people recommend for an attacking backhanded puncher whilst using this rubber.
thanks

Blade-TSP Balsa4.5,- Joola Drum CWX2.00mm fh- Snowflake 0.5 bh

Blade-TSP Balsa4.5- TinArc 2.2mm fh-Spinlord Stachelfeuer ox bh
Blade-DR NeubauerBarracade- Xiom Omega pro 2.00mm fh-TSP CurlP1r 0.5
Andro Tempa tec ar-Yinhe moon pro 2.00mm fh -Grass Dtecs ox bh
Blade-Chen Defender-Bryce 2.2mm fh - Nightmare 1.8 bh

PostPosted: 13 Mar 2013, 09:18 
Super User

Blade: Donic alligator combi
FH: FS Bloom Power max.
BH: TSP curl P4 1,0mm
Elvar Lidall wrote:
With the English season nearly over I'm thinking of trying this rubber out.
Which blade would people recommend for an attacking backhanded puncher whilst using this rubber.
thanks

That's hard to say. I played this rubber on a defensive blade and played the 1,5mm and 2,0 mm version. Both versions play different. The sponge of the rubber is quite soft so with the 1,5 mm version the wood is more important. The 2,0 mm version plays a lot softer.

As a puncher/hitter i think you are not interested in spin so i think i would play the 1,5 mm version. For me playing more defense i liked the 2,0 mm more. Softer, more spin and slower because the wood is less important.

PostPosted: 14 Mar 2013, 02:06 

Thanks for that brokkie. I'm gonna give it a go

Blade-TSP Balsa4.5,- Joola Drum CWX2.00mm fh- Snowflake 0.5 bh

Blade-TSP Balsa4.5- TinArc 2.2mm fh-Spinlord Stachelfeuer ox bh
Blade-DR NeubauerBarracade- Xiom Omega pro 2.00mm fh-TSP CurlP1r 0.5
Andro Tempa tec ar-Yinhe moon pro 2.00mm fh -Grass Dtecs ox bh
Blade-Chen Defender-Bryce 2.2mm fh - Nightmare 1.8 bh

PostPosted: 28 Mar 2013, 08:09 

haggisv wrote:

How does this rubber compare with yasaka antipower
Speed, spin ecc.
Thx

PostPosted: 30 Jul 2013, 17:48 

The best Antispinrubber I ever played !!!! ( And I tryed them all) :rock:

PostPosted: 17 Aug 2013, 05:26 

trainer wrote:
The best Antispinrubber I ever played !!!! ( And I tryed them all) :rock:

Hi trainer,
I am very curious, why is it the best? Could you give me more infomation about it?

PostPosted: 11 Dec 2013, 22:20 

Hi, new on this forum, I’m an intermediate level player ; my usual setup is T25 FH, T25fx BH on a BTY Maze Passion blade (Lady Chaterley would greatly appreciate my lumberjack style). To add a additional touch of romanticism and fun in my game, I decided to give the NAS 2.0 mm a try as a BH rubber. I first put it on a all blade (Tibhar IVL) but I cannot even reach the net ; then I played 2 sessions on a Sanwei H10 (1ply hinoki, off+). I’m inexperienced with anti rubbers, as I have always played with inverted and only occasionally with SP, LP and Anti (Antipower and 804) before.
Never seen such a soft and light sponge. I don’t know exactly, but below 30° (european scale). Very slow vs inverted rubbers (far slower than Reflectoid for example), 804 is faster. Can impart good spin on serve, push and even loop which is quite surprising for an anti. Very easy to loop on backspin shots. Rather sensitive to incoming spin (actually it’s not an anti to that point), obviously less than inverted, but more than 804 and much more than YAP. Though very good control on blocks and short game vs inverted. Especially on blocks, the performance is rather specific : bottoming out without consistency with passive block, sinking balls with active blocks, very difficult to loop again for the opponent.
What can we do with this rubber ? “just throw it away” would say anti players. Perhaps suitable as a defense BH rubber as it is slow and you could impart your own spin (not tested yet) ? Not suitable for an offensive mid-distance game : too slow even on a off+ blade, not enough spin. Looks interesting for an attacker with a strong forehand oriented style (with good footwork) and a weaker backhand (service returns, blocks, smooth loops). Players who use a slow BH SP on a fast blade could like it.

PostPosted: 15 Dec 2013, 18:10 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
I know only one player that uses it. He plays an allround game with it, and catches people out with the spin variations, as some shots play like anti, others with good spin.