OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 06:01

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 09 Aug 2012, 15:51 

is this possible with juic neo anti? this has been my problem with anti, all of my chops with anti rubber see to have very little backspin/underspin. is generating of underspin possible with anti rubbers on short no-spin balls?

PostPosted: 09 Aug 2012, 17:33 
Blockhead
Blockhead

Blade: Timo Boll ALC ST
FH: Tibhar MXP max
BH: Tibhar FXS 1.8
Very little. You are limited by the topsheet grip. Your options are placement based or trying to fool the opponent into thinking there is more underspin than there actually is. Or twiddling.

185g

PostPosted: 09 Aug 2012, 17:42 
The EJ's Boogyman
The EJ's Boogyman

It's anti-spin - the topsheet has little or minimal friction. Why did you initially choose to use it?

PostPosted: 09 Aug 2012, 17:47 

Quote:
Very little. You are limited by the topsheet grip. Your options are placement based or trying to fool the opponent into thinking there is more underspin than there actually is. Or twiddling.

thank you. now i really need to learn how to twiddle....

Quote:
It's anti-spin - the topsheet has little or minimal friction. Why did you initially choose to use it?

i like anti spin rubbers because it is easier to attack serves and when i flat drive, it makes no-spin balls that make the opponent's ball to go to the net.

thanks for the info guys. i've been trying my darn best to create underspin by varying my chops but to no avail. now i know why. Thanks sir.

But if i chop topspin balls, does it result in balls with underspin?

PostPosted: 09 Aug 2012, 18:00 
The EJ's Boogyman
The EJ's Boogyman

Yes, if you chop topspin balls you can get a reasonable amount of backspin. However, you won't get as much as would with pimples or reversed.

PostPosted: 09 Aug 2012, 19:48 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
You can certainly get some backspin with some of the more grippy anti rubbers, and Neo Anti will generate more than most as the topsheet is thin, a little grippy and the sponge very soft (and slow) so you can dig it in more.

PostPosted: 09 Aug 2012, 20:57 
Debonair Deception
Debonair Deception

My past experience with the Yasaka Anti Power, backspin ball could be generated easily on knuckle balls, but not much.. Probably most anti acts this way.
Donic Alligator Anti --> No chance, it's almost acting like a brick wall.. Very sleek top..

That's all I know about anti and backspin, Sir.
Sorry I don't know about Neo Anti, so probably this slight information could be a little reference.

PostPosted: 09 Aug 2012, 21:50 
It is illogical to play with a uniform surface!

I just finished testing Giant Dragon SOft Anti and that is softer than Neo-anti and much lighter. Generating back spin for most if not all Anti's are very hard to do off short non-spinny serves. I would suggest having someone practice short serves and practice some returns that will engage your offense on the next shot, One thing you can do is push deep down the FH side and flip your anti to your FH and deep chop your return (Maria Kretshimer) One thing I did like about the soft ANti is that if you like to chop with your FH, this rubber will product alot of backspin and drop short. One other thing you can do off serve is flip and use your inverted off dead serves to start the spin process going. Just some suggestions Neo is also a good rubber.

Peace GIG
:rock: :Chop:

New blade set-up... Nittaku Monophonic with Dawie 388d-1 ox and Big slam max ( really like this one) down to FH rubber selections--I like it better than talon
flaired handle and 90 grams

PostPosted: 10 Aug 2012, 12:22 

Quote:
My past experience with the Yasaka Anti Power, backspin ball could be generated easily on knuckle balls, but not much.. Probably most anti acts this way.

i came from this anti (yasaka anti power) before deciding to move to juic neo anti (JNA) because they say NNA is better in chopping and still offers attacking options. it's harder to generate a backspin on YAP and is definitely faster than JNA.

PostPosted: 10 Aug 2012, 12:25 

Quote:
I just finished testing Giant Dragon SOft Anti and that is softer than Neo-anti and much lighter. Generating back spin for most if not all Anti's are very hard to do off short non-spinny serves. I would suggest having someone practice short serves and practice some returns that will engage your offense on the next shot, One thing you can do is push deep down the FH side and flip your anti to your FH and deep chop your return (Maria Kretshimer) One thing I did like about the soft ANti is that if you like to chop with your FH, this rubber will product alot of backspin and drop short. One other thing you can do off serve is flip and use your inverted off dead serves to start the spin process going. Just some suggestions Neo is also a good rubber.

thanks sir. now i realize that twiddling is almost a must for anti-rubber users.

PostPosted: 10 Aug 2012, 12:37 
The EJ's Boogyman
The EJ's Boogyman

Yes, flicking with the anti or twiddling is a must. (If you push a backspin or no-spin ball with the anti you are dead meat against a half-decent player.) I think flicking is preferable as one of the (few!) positives of anti is that it is ok for flicking short balls - and besides, a push with the reverse is still only a push.

PostPosted: 10 Aug 2012, 12:52 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

Blade: WRM Gokushu2
FH: S&T Secret Flow 1mm
BH: S&T Monkey ox
The current German 040 champion uses Butterfly Super Anti on both sides and gets plenty of underspin. Did you see that video?

The MNNB Blog has had some pretty amazing stuff lately. Just click this text to check it out.
| My OOAK Interview
Table Tennis Video Links: itTV | laola1.tv | ttbl | fftt | Challenger Series | mnnb-tv

My whole set-up costs less than a sheet of Butterfly Dignics

PostPosted: 10 Aug 2012, 13:22 
The EJ's Boogyman
The EJ's Boogyman

I think I saw a bit of it. The guy seemed fairly handy but I couldn't understand the tactics of his opponent. It would be interesting to see clips of some of the other matches he played in the tourney.

Also, he appeared to get a fair degree of backspin against topspin balls but not against no-spin or backspin balls.

PostPosted: 10 Aug 2012, 17:11 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
michiganbob54 wrote:
I just finished testing Giant Dragon SOft Anti and that is softer than Neo-anti and much lighter.

Wow, softer than Neo Anti... that's soft!