OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 20 Apr 2024, 09:47

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: 28 Jan 2013, 06:24 
Super User

Blade: Victas Matsushita
FH: Joola Dynaryz ZGR
BH: Tibhar Grass DTecS
Hi Guys

The video was very impressive. The Spinhunter blade also appears to be a new product. It would be interesting to see the rubber being used competitively though.One would like to see how good it is against backspin, no-spin and in handling a variety of serves.

Bulldog.

PostPosted: 30 Jan 2013, 03:51 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

Blade: WRM Gokushu2
FH: S&T Secret Flow 1mm
BH: S&T Monkey ox
One of the positives I read on this rubber is it weighs about 10 grams less than Nightmare. Still not many reviews. One guy was using it on a Tachi.

The MNNB Blog has had some pretty amazing stuff lately. Just click this text to check it out.
| My OOAK Interview
Table Tennis Video Links: itTV | laola1.tv | ttbl | fftt | Challenger Series | mnnb-tv

My whole set-up costs less than a sheet of Butterfly Dignics

PostPosted: 07 Feb 2013, 06:42 

Well, I've just arrived from my post office with a package from Der-Materialspezialist. Bought Spinhunter, Beast and Nightmare late sunday night. It arrived this morning, which is a new record, and beats even the norwegian shipping times. Major thanks to them for that!

Gonna try out the blade + the rubbers tomorrow, but as these are my first anti rubbers I'm not good enough for a review. However I might share some thoughts from an "always inverted player" 's point of view!

PostPosted: 07 Feb 2013, 11:50 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Tjafsaren wrote:
Well, I've just arrived from my post office with a package from Der-Materialspezialist. Bought Spinhunter, Beast and Nightmare late sunday night. It arrived this morning, which is a new record, and beats even the norwegian shipping times. Major thanks to them for that!

Gonna try out the blade + the rubbers tomorrow, but as these are my first anti rubbers I'm not good enough for a review. However I might share some thoughts from an "always inverted player" 's point of view!

I will look forward to your input.
tOD

PostPosted: 15 Feb 2013, 07:26 

Well, went for two trip to my club last week. Took the spinhunter + both of the anti-rubbers and found myself the nearest table for "glueing" it on to the blade, accompanied with a red sheet of 2.1 Tenergy 64.

After playing with them against different people, I just have a "few" things I can say. First of all, the rubbers had both fared nicely against players that actually used spin, but I can tell you that I had a hard time adjusting to the "magnitude"(really poor choice of word for an antispin...) of the rubbers. Hitting vs underspin was easier than I thought, I could simply wham it unto the table with the Nightmare, but Beast was a tad bit slower and felt easier to control vs topspin,serves and placement. However, it wasn't hard at all to play against me; this I can directly link towards the fact that I suck with anti. The only player that had a hard time vs me was one of my teammates that I've played with the most (OX LP/Tenergy 64 w/ Joola Tactics Blade), but I'd say that this was due to the sudden change in how I played.

Now on to some newbie thoughts on how the anti did it's job.

Tried chopping vs moderate to heavy topspin, worked fine with normal chop(both rubbers), seems like it also reversed the spin very nicely as I usually didnt get many more than 2 loops back before a push or net-hit. So the reversal was really good and was the part I loved the most about them.

The blocking however I couldn't get the hang of at all, tried this vs my coach and most of the balls got into the net or thrown of the bat.. I really need some training/input on how to block vs spin with these rubbers. Tried both the passive neubauer block and a more chop-blocky type, but at no avail.

Returning serves with it(which I now see was retarded of me) worked fine, I just won't ever try to chop with it on serves again(usually do that on heavy spin serves with inverted), I couldn't get anything I wanted out of it but high balls. Blocking/hitting with it worked fine enough, but I coulnd't seem to get enough speed on it with the Beast, can simply be because I was afraid of hitting too hard. The reversal on serves was good enough if I conclude that the players I sparred with usually don't spin it as much as a loop would.

I bought the rubbers in hope that I'd be able to get the hold of it(quickly, stupid idea..) and use it in my plans of a twiddle-style domination. I've quickly understood that if I ever want to try this out for real I'd need to find myself a sparringpartner that can either spin the ball well enough and not "kill the living s***" out of the ball like my normal partner, or an allroundplayer that got the patience for my horrible antiplaying; which my club doesn't have at all...

The conclusion for me at this time is that I'm adopting the spinhunter blade, it's one crafty little thing, and I really enjoyed playing with it. But I'm gonna stick with T64(bh) and get some SP for my forehand, looking at flarestorm 2 atm, but got my always played pimple-coach to find me something I can use.

PS. I still loved both of the rubbers, but it seems like the Nightmare was more to my liking than the Beast, which I found a bit too slow on my spinhunter blade! I'll try to keep the Beast on my other blade(OFF-) for some occational play; never know when I might get the whole anti-thing. :rofl:

Rambling-mode off. Hope some of this made any sense at all, and don't laugh too much about my hopeless struggle with these rubbers, I've found that this isn't as easy as it looks... props to the people that make this work! OX LP was easymode compared to this... :sweat:

PostPosted: 15 Feb 2013, 16:27 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
Thanks for the review Tjafsaren! :up: :up: :up:

PostPosted: 16 Feb 2013, 03:42 
Super User

Hi Tjafsaren

Did you use the antis on your forehand or backhand side?

Bulldog.

PostPosted: 16 Feb 2013, 04:31 

I used it mainly on the backhand side, if you look past the fact that I have a wicked OX LP/Anti chop on the forehand :rofl:

I found that hitting with FH + anti only worked vs no-spin, which then produced wobble and general nauseating balls for the enemy, although way too slow.
As I stated in my mini-brainstorm; the hours I played with it was mostly against no-spin player, OX LP/Inverted and heavy spinners. So the startpoint couldn't be worse, but it should be workable over time if I'm just allowed to play with it against better* players in the club.

*Which in the end is almost impossible when they got the ego of a world champion... Sigh, if they'd only be like the players I learned table tennis with... <old man mode>* Everything was better before... </old man mode>

PostPosted: 16 Feb 2013, 21:33 
Unorthodox Batman
Unorthodox Batman

I've just ordered the Beast on a Spinhunter blade (this being Guido's recommendation of blade) and will report back in due course. I've used Balsa for as long as I can remember so this will take me some getting used to.

I also have included some of the special anti cleaner in my order, also on his recommendation. I'm fascinated to see what this actually is.

I must compliment Guido on how helpful he was with my order as I struggled with the German language on the website. Communication was first class. He answered my questions very quickly and clearly, plus sorted a paypal payment.

This will be a project for me. I'm so bored with TT at the moment that I need to spice things up with a change of some sort. My level hasn't dipped but my results have because I don't care quite as much as I used to. I'm even contemplating trying inverted again on my forehand after around 10 years of SP's, but that feels a bit drastic right now - one thing at a time! I intend to finish my league tournaments in March with my current set up and will then be playing around with the new Beast. Will keep you informed over time.

PostPosted: 16 Feb 2013, 22:31 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

Blade: WRM Gokushu2
FH: S&T Secret Flow 1mm
BH: S&T Monkey ox
I definitely don't recommend Beast on the Tachi. :n: :n: :n:

The MNNB Blog has had some pretty amazing stuff lately. Just click this text to check it out.
| My OOAK Interview
Table Tennis Video Links: itTV | laola1.tv | ttbl | fftt | Challenger Series | mnnb-tv

My whole set-up costs less than a sheet of Butterfly Dignics

PostPosted: 17 Feb 2013, 03:44 
Super User

Hi dingwol2

I will probably follow suit in May this year when my league commitments are over.

Bulldog.

PostPosted: 17 Feb 2013, 07:40 
Super User

Blade: On Elmstreet Ulmo
FH: Palio Flying Dragon
BH: Spinparasite
mynamenotbob wrote:
I definitely don't recommend Beast on the Tachi. :n: :n: :n:

Agree with you mynamenotbob.And also I don't recommend Nightmare on Tachi .

PostPosted: 18 Feb 2013, 06:25 
Super User

Hi Fadil,

Any blade recommendation for the Beast? I would very much value your opinion.

Bulldog.

PostPosted: 18 Feb 2013, 06:54 
Super User

Blade: On Elmstreet Ulmo
FH: Palio Flying Dragon
BH: Spinparasite
Bulldog wrote:
Hi Fadil,

Any blade recommendation for the Beast? I would very much value your opinion.

Bulldog.

Hi Bulldog,to say truth, I tested Beast but it is very difficult for me to block with it.Nearly all the balls I block go to the net .So I stopped playing with it.Nightmare on Elmstreet blade is much better for me .Thanks

PostPosted: 18 Feb 2013, 08:20 

Fadil, how do you block with the Nightmare? I'm having issues against heavy topspin-loops, most of them go into the net, and if I try to do something other than a passive it floats out of the table... ;(

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next