OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 19 Mar 2024, 15:36

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 04 Feb 2013, 22:09 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

materialspezialist wrote:
Looks like a BEASTMASTER.

Hi Guido,

I think I remember a low budget science fiction or maybe fantasy movie by that title. I should get to use it this evening. Hopefully on the robot and with a friend. He is a developing player so it will be Thursday before I get a chance to use it against a strong looper.

I like the feel of the bounce on Ross' blade.

The quality of the rubber is very nice. I think you can really be proud of your product.
Thomas

PostPosted: 05 Feb 2013, 00:15 

Blade: DMSP SCOOPER ALL+ / ST
FH: BARNA EXTRA SPIN SPEED
BH: changed every training ):
theOldDuffer wrote:

The quality of the rubber is very nice. I think you can really be proud of your product.

Hi Thomas,
thanks for your feedback.
You know I do my best to make my customers happy.

I am shure you will not be disappointed. :devil:

http://www.der-materialspezialist.com
https://www.barnaoriginal.com

PostPosted: 05 Feb 2013, 06:02 
Super User

Blade: Victas Matsushita
FH: Joola Dynaryz ZGR
BH: Tibhar Grass DTecS
Hi dingwol2

I know just how you feel. I am playing tolerably well but still miss frictionless pimples. I am hopeful that The Beast will provide me with a close season project. The video is so impressive.I may well invest. The equipment junkie in me is stirring again. My team mates will kill me!

Bulldog.

PostPosted: 05 Feb 2013, 11:42 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Had my first knock with the rubber on a Ross Leidy Mysterium blade.

The balance was good and play across the rubber was consistant.

There is decent reversal, but the great part for me, so far, is that against the robot cranked up to the highest speed/spin loop; with a passive block I could easily keep the ball on the table. In the main I was able to double bounce the returns and they definately had reversal.

I was unable to control the Nightmare under much less severe conditions.

I did play some with a friend who is developing a good topspin game and had no problem giving him fits. I should be able to play a good looper on Thursday and get a comparison with frictionless long pips.

So far I think this rubber is aces. I am looking forward to playing against some power loopers.
tOD

PostPosted: 06 Feb 2013, 20:05 
Super User

Blade: Dr. Neubauer Firewall +
FH: Butterfly Tenergy 05
BH: Spinlab Vortex 2.3
I've read in a German board that cleaning is essential for the amount of reversal you get out of the Beast. So, did you clean yours before or did you take it just out of the box?

PostPosted: 06 Feb 2013, 22:13 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Slick wrote:
I've read in a German board that cleaning is essential for the amount of reversal you get out of the Beast. So, did you clean yours before or did you take it just out of the box?

I just took it straight out of the package and used it. Mine did have reversal that way, in fact, a good bit. Do you know what they are using to clean the rubber?

I hope to get max reversal, or at least as much as is possible with the blade I am using, so I will clean it to a fair-thee-well if that will help.

tOD

PostPosted: 07 Feb 2013, 02:23 

Blade: DMSP SCOOPER ALL+ / ST
FH: BARNA EXTRA SPIN SPEED
BH: changed every training ):
theOldDuffer wrote:
Do you know what they are using to clean the rubber?

tOD

Hopefully they use this:

http://www.der-materialspezialist.com/i ... ger-detail

http://www.der-materialspezialist.com
https://www.barnaoriginal.com

PostPosted: 07 Feb 2013, 02:43 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

materialspezialist wrote:
theOldDuffer wrote:
Do you know what they are using to clean the rubber?

tOD

Hopefully they use this:

http://www.der-materialspezialist.com/i ... ger-detail

Somehow I missed ordering any of that when I ordered my Beast. Rats.
tOD

So far I really like the rubber. I will have a chance to test it further tomorrow and against a variety of styles on Friday. I am very pleased at how much it plays like Original. I believe you have come up with a great product.

PostPosted: 08 Feb 2013, 02:06 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

I cleaned the Wee Beastie last night to prepare to take him out to play with the big dawgs this evening.

I made three applications of the cleaner, letting each dry and doing a bit of a buff when each coat was dry and I would swear that when spinning the ball on the inverted and letting it bounce on the anti produced eighty percent or better of the original spin imparted. Rather amazing.

The proof will be in the pudding when big guns cut loose.

Fingers crossed for "short and very spinny returns."
tOD

PostPosted: 08 Feb 2013, 02:06 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

I cleaned the Wee Beastie last night to prepare to take him out to play with the big dawgs this evening.

I made three applications of the cleaner, letting each dry and doing a bit of a buff when each coat was dry and I would swear that when spinning the ball on the inverted and letting it bounce on the anti produced eighty percent or better of the original spin imparted. Rather amazing.

The proof will be in the pudding when big guns cut loose.

Fingers crossed for "short and very spinny returns."
tOD

PostPosted: 08 Feb 2013, 14:55 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Great time with the Wee Beastie this evening. Serve return was a piece of cake.

Hitting against backspin was laughably easy partiularly as a in a shot sequence of Loop-Wee Beastie block-push-hit with the anti

Passive block and chop block, even against very heavy loops, were easy enough, not enough time to really try chopping off the table.

The only real difficulty was getting the ball over the net on a block of very heavy topspin. That is a problem I have never really had before. My previous tendency was to sky a shot like that.

I probably put sixty percent of my blocks against heavy loops into the net using either a neutral or an open angle. Push blocking and scooping didn't seem to do a lot better. I think best over all was a chop block, but I really need to suss out how why a block that would work with frictionless pips or frictionless anti-loop was not a no-brainer with the Wee Beastie.

I don't think I ever had to close the angle to block the heaviest of loops either slow or fast ones.
This finding is consistant with my brief trial against the robot earlier in the week.

I think this will be a real weapon in the hands of those who can really manipulate its potential.

Not sure what effect the 1.5 would be other than the potential loss of reversal.

I don't think anyone got three fast loops in row over the net against it, well...maybe one time. It has the potential to definately slow down the game. The standard was loop one, push one.

I will be interested in hearing about the experiences of others with this rubber and how they employ it. I tend to believe, that like a fine wine, this rubber will only improve with age.

For me the rubber allowed for returns that were short with significant spin reversal. Again the results were similar to those against the robot.

Hopefully,
tOD

Blade used in this trial is the Mysterium from Ross Leidy

PostPosted: 08 Feb 2013, 15:23 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

Blade: WRM Gokushu2
FH: S&T Secret Flow 1mm
BH: S&T Monkey ox
Seems like the "handhold" block doesn't work well. Look at the video how he blocks with a slight forward motion. It also seems to need "cleaning" for good reversal. No idea what blade to use with it either. Has potential though.

The MNNB Blog has had some pretty amazing stuff lately. Just click this text to check it out.
| My OOAK Interview
Table Tennis Video Links: itTV | laola1.tv | ttbl | fftt | Challenger Series | mnnb-tv

My whole set-up costs less than a sheet of Butterfly Dignics

PostPosted: 15 Feb 2013, 03:59 
Super User

Blade: Victas Matsushita
FH: Joola Dynaryz ZGR
BH: Tibhar Grass DTecS
Hi tOD

Any further play with The Wee Beastie you can tell us about?

Bulldog

PostPosted: 15 Feb 2013, 04:50 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Bulldog wrote:
Hi tOD

Any further play with The Wee Beastie you can tell us about?

Bulldog

I transferred the rubber to a harder blade and the reversal is even better and I don't seem to have as much difficulty getting the ball to the net and over it with the harder blade. The 2nd blade I used was a five ply, all wood model. I have no idea how it would play on a carbon blade. Have had a chance to chop away from the table and could float most anything back, but I couldn't vary the spin as with Juic or even the Giant Dragon anti twins.

I am interested in trying the rubber when the 1.5 sponge becomes available.

I still think it is a great rubber I hope it finds its niche and some high level anti-loop players can avail themselves of its possibilities and can show us their techniques.

tOD

PostPosted: 12 Mar 2013, 06:01 

Hello,
Wahoo tryed it about 2hours today red 1.2 on spinhunter. Typical setup is nightmare 1.5 red on wizard blade.
I confirm what was said by Arno. This is (by far all pips and anti included) the best setup I ever had.
The point is, watch again bth nightmare and beast video and you'll see nightmare rubber look faster a lot.
I found beast got all positive behaviours of Nightmare, easy to attack by pushing or rolling on USpin it is fast really BUT with beast it is not too long. On the opposite you can feel a really better control on passive game, there it is really slow.
Admit blocking is not as good (dangerous) as with Nightmare but the reversal is not that far and the block is any way so short that ...
Cheers :up: