OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 15:35

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 25 May 2013, 05:16 
Super User

Blade: On Elmstreet Ulmo
FH: Palio Flying Dragon
BH: Spinparasite
According to joola, Timeless will removed from ITTF list end of the year.We do not know why?Is it because of ITTF ban or some other reason.Here is the mail sent to one of my friends from Joola Hi Timeless is completely sold out.It will also removed from ITTF list end of year. With best regards/Meilleures salutations/mit freundlichen grüben JOOLA

PostPosted: 25 May 2013, 05:38 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Fadil Olguner wrote:
According to joola, Timeless will removed from ITTF list end of the year.We do not know why?Is it because of ITTF ban or some other reason.Here is the mail sent to one of my friends from Joola Hi Timeless is completely sold out.It will also removed from ITTF list end of year. With best regards/Meilleures salutations/mit freundlichen grüben JOOLA

If anyone is interested in getting a sheet I have an unused sheet in red.
tOD
Please PM

PostPosted: 25 May 2013, 06:03 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Fadil Olguner wrote:

You can thank new ITTF Equipment Committee member Kagin Lee for making it happen, who has said repeatedly it should be banned.

Our gift from USATT to ITTF, and users (suckers) like you. ;)

PostPosted: 25 May 2013, 09:48 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
Perhaps Joola simply decided that they no longer wanted to make the rubber as sales or reliability were poor. If Joola decide to stop paying the ITTF fees, it will be removed.

PostPosted: 25 May 2013, 12:15 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

Blade: WRM Gokushu2
FH: S&T Secret Flow 1mm
BH: S&T Monkey ox
haggisv wrote:
Perhaps Joola simply decided that they no longer wanted to make the rubber as sales or reliability were poor. If Joola decide to stop paying the ITTF fees, it will be removed.

I think this is clearly a ban. There are many rubbers that are legal for many years after being discontinued, Butterfly Super Sriver being an extreme example. Joola Drum was discontinued several years ago and it's still on the list. There's simply no reason other than a ban for an established company like Joola to burn customers who are likely still using their products…especially customers who have purchased relatively recently the most expensive rubber Joola or anyone else has sold to date. And especially an anti which are known to last many years. I still have an unopened package of Timeless myself.

Didn't turn out to be too timeless. :( :@

The MNNB Blog has had some pretty amazing stuff lately. Just click this text to check it out.
| My OOAK Interview
Table Tennis Video Links: itTV | laola1.tv | ttbl | fftt | Challenger Series | mnnb-tv

My whole set-up costs less than a sheet of Butterfly Dignics

PostPosted: 26 May 2013, 13:39 
Super User

Blade: Nittaku Flyatt Carbon Pro
FH: Tibhar Aurus TC-1
BH: 729 802 2.1mm
joola timeless! For limited time only

PostPosted: 26 May 2013, 15:14 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

If they banned it, I think that's disgraceful! Once approved, they should not be able to ban it for technical reasons.

PostPosted: 26 May 2013, 19:21 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Blade: Bty Gergely T5000
FH: TSP Regalis Blue Max
BH: Tibhar Grass Dtecs
ITTF don't care about the words "should" or "should not",

S/U 3: Blade: Bty Gergely . No rubbers...thinking of adding Red Dtecs and Black Rasant
Aussie Table Tennis Shop / Aussie Table Tennis Facebook Page / Equipment Review Index / Read my Reb Report Blog: click here.

PostPosted: 26 May 2013, 19:53 
Kim Is My Shadow
Kim Is My Shadow

Blade: ?
FH: ?
BH: ?
haggisv wrote:
If they banned it, I think that's disgraceful! Once approved, they should not be able to ban it for technical reasons.

Rather than speculate and get wound up, why not contact Joola and ask them directly.

Then when you've done that you can get wound up again but safe in the knowledge it's for good reason :devil: :lol:

PostPosted: 26 May 2013, 20:15 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Indeed! :oops: :lol:

Good idea! Since Joola answered some questions about Timeless just over a year ago, I'll ask the same staff members about this issue.

PostPosted: 27 May 2013, 13:39 
Freak of Nature!
Freak of Nature!

It's Too Tricky for french Fogies

PostPosted: 27 May 2013, 18:26 
Roar Talent
Roar Talent

Blade: Tiago Apolonia ZLC
FH: Rhyzer 50
BH: Donic Acuda Blue P3
Why would they approved and then remove it in a very short time? I haven't tried timeless, does it bring unnecessary advantage vs other anti?

PostPosted: 27 May 2013, 18:40 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

Blade: WRM Gokushu2
FH: S&T Secret Flow 1mm
BH: S&T Monkey ox
Unless Fadil Olguner is lying, Joola has already stated that Timeless will be removed from the LARC at the end of the year. I believe Fadil, but I guess no harm in double-checking.

The MNNB Blog has had some pretty amazing stuff lately. Just click this text to check it out.
| My OOAK Interview
Table Tennis Video Links: itTV | laola1.tv | ttbl | fftt | Challenger Series | mnnb-tv

My whole set-up costs less than a sheet of Butterfly Dignics

PostPosted: 27 May 2013, 20:03 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

mynamenotbob wrote:
I believe Fadil, but I guess no harm in double-checking.

Of course I believe Fadil too, but I'm hoping to find out the reasons behind it.

PostPosted: 27 May 2013, 22:38 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

I got the following response from Joola:
Quote:
Some of the ITTF equipment committee members were against structure in the surface of the Timeless and there was a long discussion with them. At the end we, unfortunately, agreed to pull back ITTF approval at October 2013. So Timeless will be withdrawn from the ITTF in October this year.
It was too complicated for us to continue and also senseless without ITTF approval.
We feel very sorry and we are really unhappy that we can´t continue with Timeless, as you´ve said it´s really unique rubber.
All players which are currently using Timeless can use it at least till the end of this year (normally 6 Months after withdrawn from the ITTF list).

Seems to me that Joola is not to blame here, and they're doing the right thing by their customers by letting them know in advance. :up: