OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 20 Apr 2024, 03:19

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject: Slow Low Throw Anti
PostPosted: 06 Oct 2013, 09:15 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

I have taken up playing a blocking game with OX long pimples, currently 837, but I thought I would try some anti, I have half-a-dozen and they all from slow to fast seem to have a much higher throw than any of the long pips I have tried.

Is there any such thing as a Slow, Low Throw Anti?

I was thinking Toni Hold New 40 .3mm, but hate to spend about sixty bucks on a try...Anyone have a used sheet for a bargain?

Fingers Crossed,
tOD
If you have any suggestions for a better blocking rubber for the pen hold please post on the new pen hold long pips thread...thanks

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

Post subject: Re: Slow Low Throw Anti
PostPosted: 06 Oct 2013, 09:23 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
If it has low grip, it will be low throw. Also a very thin sponge will make ti low throw, but that tends to also make it more bouncy as there is not enough sponge to absorb the impact.

PostPosted: 06 Oct 2013, 09:40 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

haggisv wrote:
If it has low grip, it will be low throw. Also a very thin sponge will make ti low throw, but that tends to also make it more bouncy as there is not enough sponge to absorb the impact.

Sounds like, "Ya can't get there from here:("
tOD

PostPosted: 06 Oct 2013, 11:34 
Super User

Hey tOD:

What about the beast anti:

viewtopic.php?f=17&t=21817&start=30

I actually tried it out just like the guy in the video on exactly the same blade. It was excellent for chopping from a few feet behind the table. On the bounce test, it was strangely low despite having a sponge of some thickness. It is the exact combo that is presented in this popular ut:

here's the youtube :

PostPosted: 07 Oct 2013, 13:01 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: Butterfly Timo Boll OFF
FH: Friendship 802-40 2.4mm
BH: Dawei388C-1 Medium pip ox
Wow! excellent video! I think this guy gave the best demo on Anti that I have ever seen! GREAT control and super placement! He certainly gave challenges to the loopers!

Thanks for sharing that..... :Defense:

PostPosted: 07 Oct 2013, 14:16 
Super User

NP GH.

I tried it for a few minutes. It was a red sheet with sponge and I bounced that little ball ashard as I could and it barely bounced upwards. Holy Moly!

It was on a carbon blade, that what the club pro said - the Spinhunter.(I think). So the exact combo that was in the above vid was in my hands except that there was no fh rubber on the other side which could have slowed it down further. Anyways D.M. gave me balls to chop and I did to the best of my ability hard full swing hard chops complete with stomps(!) cause the pressure was on when the best guy at the club says CHOP! he means it! :sweat:

The thing about the video is that when your blocking topspin, you have to close the blade angle which I dont like to do...thats the good thing about dtecs is the open angle block. could be wrong about that guy closing - he could be doing some fancy kind of stroke. He does perform open blocks but not sure how much yop spin is on the ball. I can only guess that he is closing on balls that have more topspin...

PostPosted: 07 Oct 2013, 21:30 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

timeout wrote:
NP GH.

I tried it for a few minutes. It was a red sheet with sponge and I bounced that little ball ashard as I could and it barely bounced upwards. Holy Moly!

It was on a carbon blade, that what the club pro said - the Spinhunter.(I think). So the exact combo that was in the above vid was in my hands except that there was no fh rubber on the other side which could have slowed it down further. Anyways D.M. gave me balls to chop and I did to the best of my ability hard full swing hard chops complete with stomps(!) cause the pressure was on when the best guy at the club says CHOP! he means it! :sweat:

The thing about the video is that when your blocking topspin, you have to close the blade angle which I dont like to do...thats the good thing about dtecs is the open angle block. could be wrong about that guy closing - he could be doing some fancy kind of stroke. He does perform open blocks but not sure how much yop spin is on the ball. I can only guess that he is closing on balls that have more topspin...

Thanks very much
tOD

PostPosted: 08 Oct 2013, 12:35 
Super User

There's more tOD...

I was at my club tonight and I tried it again, it blocks with a low throw. In fact I want to say it blocks open 90 degress with dead throw. The ball just dies off the beast. And it lands short of the net under heavy loop. THERE IS NO LP THAT CAN DO THIS! I'm not chop blocking with an active wrist just open blocking holding my blade in one position and not moving it, its just dead...

I have the option of buying this BEAST Anti and the SPINHUNTER Blade for 160 CAN no tax.

What do you guys think? Good price? Good deal?

PostPosted: 09 Oct 2013, 00:58 
Super User

Blade: Dr. Neubauer Firewall +
FH: Butterfly Tenergy 05
BH: Spinlab Vortex 2.3
timeout wrote:
NP GH.

With a slick anti you open your blade the more, the more top spin you receive.

Furthermore, most antis become slower the thicker the sponge is.

PostPosted: 10 Oct 2013, 06:31 
Super User

Slick wrote:
timeout wrote:
NP GH.

With a slick anti you open your blade the more, the more top spin you receive.

Furthermore, most antis become slower the thicker the sponge is.

Thanks Slick. Really appreciate the helpful tip.

Do you use anti and which do you prefer? Do you recommend a slow anti for pushblocking, that is just using the backhand and blocking the ball and hoping the other guy makes mistakes. Is it more effective than say Dtecs Lp which is more faster but gives low arc and is disturbing.

PostPosted: 10 Oct 2013, 19:50 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
The problem with these new type antispin rubbers is often not the blocking or loops, but the rest of the game, especailly handling no-spin balls. I have not tried the Beast though... it might be something different.

PostPosted: 11 Oct 2013, 13:59 
Super User

haggisv wrote:
The problem with these new type antispin rubbers is often not the blocking or loops, but the rest of the game, especailly handling no-spin balls. I have not tried the Beast though... it might be something different.

What anti-spin do you personally recommend Big Guy? For pushblocker-wanna-bes like myself who just use the bh.

Also I would suspect that a smooth surface like an anti would be easy to hit with compared to an uneven surface like a long pip but I could be dead wrong here as these antis are very slick. In fact would you just recommend long pips instead of antis because they are more disturbing although faster and generally have a lower throw.

Thanks.

BTW really enjoy the lps that I got from the OOAK Store but my favourite is the dtecs even though its the new one its still better than every pip I have...still have to try the bomb talent but the dtecs is just so amazing!