OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 18:46

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject: which Anti Speedplay???
PostPosted: 14 Feb 2008, 10:40 
A Beautiful Brain

Which anti Speedplay...fill us in why its so much more fun to play with...and of course its legal!!!

Is it a slightly grippy anti or is it an slippery anti like "super anti special"

speedplay wrote:

Good luck with it, I'm off to play with my Anti instead, its so much more fun :twisted:

FH = Transcend SP on a MAX Big Slam sponge.
BH = Bomb Talent OX

Post subject:
PostPosted: 14 Feb 2008, 13:04 
Super User

I think he's said that he uses Juic Neo Anti before, which is in between slippery and grippy.

PostPosted: 14 Feb 2008, 13:20 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Blade: Bty Gergely T5000
FH: TSP Regalis Blue Max
BH: Tibhar Grass Dtecs
fosssil wrote:
Which anti Speedplay...

Oh you mean which anti rubber Foss. I thought you meant which anti speedplay. I was going to say take your pick, there's plenty of them :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Just kidding of course. No-one is anti speedplay. They just pretend to be. :lol: :lol:

Actually speedplay I think currently has 804 to play with (or may be waiting for it to arrive) while he waits for the JUIC Neo Anti to come out on a 2.0mm sponge. Correct me if I'm wrong.

I think he said he has played with Juic Neo Anti in a lesser sponge, can't remember its thickness.

S/U 3: Blade: Bty Gergely . No rubbers...thinking of adding Red Dtecs and Black Rasant
Aussie Table Tennis Shop / Aussie Table Tennis Facebook Page / Equipment Review Index / Read my Reb Report Blog: click here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 14 Feb 2008, 13:47 
Super User

My experience with 804 was that it could create a lot of spin on chops, but is really more like a very dead inverted rubber than a very grippy anti. It gets no reversal, and it's still reasonably fast for hitting. Good for a skilled chopper who can handle the incoming spin more, but a bit difficult to use once your opponent really kicks up the speed. I think if you can handle incoming spin well enough, you'd be better off with a really spinny and deceptive LP like 979 or P1-R on a thick sponge (1.2mm+)

Post subject:
PostPosted: 15 Feb 2008, 02:30 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Aha, so thats the reason why! EJing is as good an excuse as any :wink:

S/U 3: Blade: Bty Gergely . No rubbers...thinking of adding Red Dtecs and Black Rasant
Aussie Table Tennis Shop / Aussie Table Tennis Facebook Page / Equipment Review Index / Read my Reb Report Blog: click here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 15 Feb 2008, 10:20 
Rotatus Maximus
Rotatus Maximus

Speedplay, have you used a more slippery anti?

Member of Anastasia's Fan Club

Post subject:
PostPosted: 15 Feb 2008, 18:47 
A Beautiful Brain

Ok....I have done it again...lol

Because I need at least some hits with a new rubber before I use it maybe next Thursday, I have ordered some Super Anti from Butterfly Australia...they don't have any special, so I asked Hookshot and he says the SA is is marginally less slippery than the S.A.Special, and the Special has a slower sponge...

They very kindly will be posting the rubber express for me today, so I will have it for practice on Tuesday...

I am using this rubber as another string to my bow...on top of the other thirty or so rubbers I have accumulated since September...lol, which

I find that trying different rubbers is part of my TT experience...some folks might buy one rubber each 6 months or even 2 years but my turnover is a bit more frequent than that...lol

If I wanted another 1 % of slip I could always use a little Mr Sheen...lol..as a means of tuning the rubber...probably no different in legallity than using some of the other tuners that are being used on topsheets or sponge...Hmmm maybe it would not get certified by the ITTF but then again, 1/2 of the other things that some folks use are not either...not me of course..Haaaa!!! lol :lol:

I will also be testing the as new condition Boomerang with .6 sponge that Tat donated to the cause...however, because of the upcoming ban I do need to keep the quest for a legal tricky rubber going...

fosss

BH = Bomb Talent OX

Post subject:
PostPosted: 15 Feb 2008, 23:49 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Foss at the rate you're going you will be melting down old tyres and producing your own tricky rubber, haha. :lol: Maybe you can get it good enough to get ITTF approval even? :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 16 Feb 2008, 11:41 
A Beautiful Brain

ha! Reb...well I can always get just one more rubber if the SUPER ANTI fails to please... :lol:
Alex will be back soon!!!

fosss

BH = Bomb Talent OX

Post subject:
PostPosted: 17 Feb 2008, 21:11 
Mind Gamer Extraordinaire

speedplay wrote:
I only know that one of the other Anti rubbers was from Yasaka, either Best Anit (Which I can't find!) or Anti Power. This had more reversal and a very strange and disturbing effect. Regardless of the shot aimed at you, if you blocked it back, it went on as a normal shot until the bounce, then it bounced straight up instead of continuing forward... Well, sort of, might be that I'm exaggerating this a bit.

Best Anti is a Nittaku rubber, maybe you'll have more luck finding it now. (If you still want to try it)

Tibhar IV-S - Donic Defplay SensoV3 - BTY Tackiness D/C - BTY Feint Soft - Meteor 813