OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 20 Apr 2024, 05:24

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject: Re: 804
PostPosted: 08 Dec 2013, 05:06 
CTRL_ALT_Loop
CTRL_ALT_Loop

theOldDuffer wrote:
Matt Pimple wrote:
theOldDuffer wrote:
Have you got the web address for the dampning sponge.

Dude, were you so desperate for the dampening sponge that you posted 3-times? ;)
You can get it here for example: http://www.contra.de/product_info.php/info/p11441_Toni-Hold-D-mpfungsschwamm.html
A firm grasp of the obvious, but in truth I have no idea how I happened to do that
tOD
Did you by any chance use Tapatalk? I have seen on a few instances that posts multiply when using that mobile client. I haven't used tapatalk myself, but seen the effect from other posters.
It may be that it has slow feedback so it makes you think that you didn't send, and then you tap the send button more than once.
It could also be that Tapatalk itself doesn't receive an acknowledge, and resubmits the posting. Not very likely that software would do that without asking the user first, but possible...

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 08 Dec 2013, 05:14 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

[/quote]Did you by any chance use Tapatalk? I have seen on a few instances that posts multiply when using that mobile client. I haven't used tapatalk myself, but seen the effect from other posters.
It may be that it has slow feedback so it makes you think that you didn't send, and then you tap the send button more than once.
It could also be that Tapatalk itself doesn't receive an acknowledge, and resubmits the posting. Not very likely that software would do that without asking the user first, but possible...[/quote]

I am sorry, but no, I have never used it.
tOD

PostPosted: 08 Dec 2013, 10:12 
Super User

Blade: Hugo Calderano OFF+
FH: Hexer Powergrip 2.1
BH: Hexer Powergrip 2.1
Multiple posts happen in php forums, it's not as common as it used to be but it still happens.

PostPosted: 09 Dec 2013, 22:02 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
Elvis56 wrote:
A very cheap alternative to dampening sponge is moosgummi/foam sheets. http://www.stoklasa-eu.com/mix-color-cr ... ck-x130751

In a local shop here I can buy 10 a4 sheets for about 1 euro. Works quite well. Now that I think of it, I actually used one of those sheets with 804 a while ago and the result was surprisingly good.

Interesting... you're very innovative!

Would that stuff still be classed as rubber?

PostPosted: 09 Dec 2013, 22:34 
CTRL_ALT_Loop
CTRL_ALT_Loop

haggisv wrote:
Elvis56 wrote:
A very cheap alternative to dampening sponge is moosgummi/foam sheets. http://www.stoklasa-eu.com/mix-color-cr ... -x130751...
... Would that stuff still be classed as rubber?

According to ITTF's technical leaflet T4:
"Rubber" [...] implies any material that can be stretched at room temperature to twice its original length, and that, after being held in the stretched state for one minute, retracts within one further minute to less than 1.5 times its original length.
... and ...
“Cellular rubber” [...] is also known as sponge.

Testing, Elvis56 (or anyone)? Or is ignorance = bliss? :shock:

PostPosted: 09 Dec 2013, 22:36 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Thanks for looking that up keme. I would guess quite a few sponges would fail that test by miles!

PostPosted: 12 Dec 2013, 08:00 
Super User

Just received my two 804's with white hrs sponges from OOAK Store.

Thanks for paying the shipping haggisv! All the rubbers and accessories arrived intact, carefully-packaged and well ahead of schedule. It's going to be a Merry Christmas indeed!

Just a few simpleton notes to the ongoing intellectual discussion...I found the red to be quite tackier than the black, which looks and feels like there's some sort of dirty coating, or possibly vice-versa that the red is treated with a tackier coat. The black 804 feels more like an anti-spin compared to the red...

PostPosted: 15 Dec 2013, 18:06 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Thanks timeout! It almost feels like a wax finish to me.

PostPosted: 01 May 2019, 08:53 

Blade: Def +
FH: Slow tacky inverted 1.5
BH: Slow grippy LP ox
Quote:
I wonder what would be the result if a 804 topsheet (it is available in OX) would be combined with a true dampening sponge... It might lose quite some speed, and perhaps some spin, so maybe it would get similar to Giant Dragon Guard anti?

I came here to find out if someone before used this combination as I'm using it right now and I'm very happy with it.
"I have not used any other half-anti before (the only experience i have is with DMS Nightmare - frictionless)".

I have 804 ox + dampening sponge 1,5 (backhand) which makes it really slow (that's what I actually wanted) but from another side, if you hit stronger it can have good speed (especially killing higher balls near the net).
You can do everything you want with it, blocks, chops, block-chops, active/pasive blocks, speed variation (slow-fast) precise placement of the ball and you will have an answer to everything your opponent game (Close to mid-table //I play close to the table//).
This is combined with SP Waran 2.0 (forehand)quite fast, but also with good control, and when you master blocks with it you will be close to the table MONSTER.