OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 08:20

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 26 Nov 2013, 10:01 

Well at the local club I play, no one plays Anti. At a recent tourney played at the club, I overheard someone say to one of the higher rated players, your opponent is playing Anti .

I know we are are given opportunity to see/ask about opponent blade and rubber. Right now I can spot LP and SP pips vs Inverted. IS there an easy way to visually tell if rubbers used are anti? When hitting against anti, what are the tell tale signs its anti ( I play LP on BH so would it be similar to my effect?)

Thanks.

Experimental Blade : Victas Koji Matushista Def : TSP Curl P1r LP .6 sponge : Giant Dragon Submarine Chop

My Blog
viewtopic.php?f=58&t=25085

PostPosted: 26 Nov 2013, 10:24 
Smack Attack!
Smack Attack!

just ask if not sure, learn some anti names
some effects will be the same i'e his stroke making you dump the ball into the net
mind you not all players even use their anti in a warm up, so gaining knowledge anyway possible is a good idea

Table Tennis abbreviations, and acronyms

PostPosted: 26 Nov 2013, 11:28 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: BBC 400
FH: Victas VO > 102
BH: GD Attack Long
Asking the opponent is the easiest approach. "What kind of rubbers are you using?" Hold your own paddle out for inspection to indicate it's a two-way street. If the person is coy or nonresponsive that's when you need to rely on the racquet inspection rules which allow you to visually inspect the opponent's paddle upon request as long as the request comes before the start of the match. Then it's up to you to know if a particular rubber is anti or not based on its name and/or ITTF code number. Daunting, yes! Thankfully, most players don't mind telling you what they're using once you ask, though there are certainly some hard cases out there.

PostPosted: 26 Nov 2013, 12:54 
Freak of Nature!
Freak of Nature!

Some anti's are so slipperly you'll pick them straight away just looking at the balls, other times they can be sort of half spinny. Or spinny on some shots not on others. Best idea is to ask other players what the guy your playing next uses and also learn all the rubbers names you can and ask to see the rubbers before the match. It gives you some idea on what to expect but sometimes a rubbers age throws that all out the window anyway.

PostPosted: 28 Nov 2013, 02:38 

nathanso wrote:
Asking the opponent is the easiest approach. "What kind of rubbers are you using?" Hold your own paddle out for inspection to indicate it's a two-way street. If the person is coy or nonresponsive that's when you need to rely on the racquet inspection rules which allow you to visually inspect the opponent's paddle upon request as long as the request comes before the start of the match. Then it's up to you to know if a particular rubber is anti or not based on its name and/or ITTF code number. Daunting, yes! Thankfully, most players don't mind telling you what they're using once you ask, though there are certainly some hard cases out there.

When inspecting rubbers, do they normally say ANTI on the rubber itself?

What are the most commonly (popular ) Anti's used . I figure if I can remember 3-5 of the most popular ones, that covers at least 50% of the ones I' might come across, that should be good enough . No need to research and remember dozens of antis ( diminishing returns)

Experimental Blade : Victas Koji Matushista Def : TSP Curl P1r LP .6 sponge : Giant Dragon Submarine Chop

My Blog
viewtopic.php?f=58&t=25085

PostPosted: 28 Nov 2013, 04:03 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: Tibhar Force Pro SE
FH: Razka XX max, black
BH: LP OX, Monkey/SavigaV
I ask my opponent if they have an antispin rubber since I do not know all the names.

PostPosted: 28 Nov 2013, 08:31 
The King

9 times out of 10 you can spot an anti from miles away because of the sound and the way the ball comes from the rubber.

Put to rest:
Galaxy T10 Bluefire M2 2.0 Palio Ck531a ox
Victas Koji Matsushita Tibhar Genius+Optimium sound MAX * Spinlord Dornenglanz ox
Donic Defplay Senso Tibhar Aurus Sound Black max * Grass D-tecs ox

Check out my quest for my new blade here: http://ooakforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=23241
Current standings:
Butterfly Matshushita powerdefence * Joola Chen Weixing * Nittaku KVU * Nittaku Shake defense* Tibhar stratus power defense * Victas Koji Matsushita * Yasaka Sweeper * Win-Tec power defence

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!