OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 03:05

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: 22 Feb 2008, 13:36 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
Wow very nice and comprehensive review speedplay, certainly worthy of a new thread :thumleft: :thumright:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 22 Feb 2008, 14:27 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Blade: Bty Gergely T5000
FH: TSP Regalis Blue Max
BH: Tibhar Grass Dtecs
Enjoyed reading this review, especially considering I have a sheet of 804 just waiting for a blade to jump onto. I have held of just putting it on any blade as I have one ordered I want to put it on with the Mars on the other side to try. Ebay shipping can be slow sometimes! You certainly have given me some expectations of it now though Slippery. It sounds like I might like playing with it, especially if I can hit with it on the BH at some speed and push hard with it too. Who knows it may even work well to train my use of the LPs better.

I'll be interested in how I can block with it. I can see what you mean about blocking topspin will be hard. I'll have to watch out for this. I am settling in on the Neptune on the K-3 now though and it seems it will be my main setup for the year. But as a good EJ I'm always on the lookout for something to overtake it, or even compliment its use.

S/U 3: Blade: Bty Gergely . No rubbers...thinking of adding Red Dtecs and Black Rasant
Aussie Table Tennis Shop / Aussie Table Tennis Facebook Page / Equipment Review Index / Read my Reb Report Blog: click here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 23 Feb 2008, 21:35 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

speedplay wrote:
Well, the tread was mostly created to give me all the attention :lol:

Looks like a first time failure. Only Haggis and I have responded. :lol:

But I do appreciate your thoughts on this rubber. I'd have to severely fall in love with anti to go spending what a sheet of Neo costs though! Stranger things have happened. :wink:

S/U 3: Blade: Bty Gergely . No rubbers...thinking of adding Red Dtecs and Black Rasant
Aussie Table Tennis Shop / Aussie Table Tennis Facebook Page / Equipment Review Index / Read my Reb Report Blog: click here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 24 Feb 2008, 04:15 
Do you feel lucky (young) punk?

Blade: Juic Hinoki One Ply
FH: Tibhar 5Q
BH: Scandal
Hi Speedplay,,,
Truth be known, I have never given up on anti. I have two bats with anti (anti Special) on the back. In the last tourney, I used it against one guy that had the best serves I ever saw, second round I used Dr Evil against him. Both worked.
Dr Evil OX is the only rubber I have found that comes close to anti for the way I use it. :D

Backhand, Sriver FX Max

Post subject:
PostPosted: 24 Feb 2008, 09:34 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

speedplay wrote:
About the failure, well, it takes time to turn an entire forum around but I'm getting there, I'm getting there. In less then a year, you will be able to see both Tat and BH posting videos of how they use their new anti. Der_Echte will be ordering some cheap anti to mock around with for his next camp, Silver will right endless reviews and try them all. Hookshot will turn away from his Dr Evil and move back to anti claiming it was his idea to start with, but you all know, credits for the ressurection of anti must go to me :lol:

LOL!!! I like that!!! That post alone should bring this thread more alive!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: 24 Feb 2008, 14:55 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

speedplay wrote:
What?!?

An EJ-wannabe that actually cares about such pity things as the cost? :wink:
What's this wannabe business? An EJ I am, but I also crave Value for money!

Actually, they are very different from each other, so there is a slight chance that if you really love the 804, then you would get disappointed with the Neoanti.

I think the Neoanti is much better for away from the table style, like I play but the 804 have more benefits if you stay close and play offensive with it.
Well seeings as I do play close, perhaps 804 will be MY thing!

About the failure, well, it takes time to turn an entire forum around but I'm getting there, I'm getting there. In less then a year, you will be able to see both Tat and BH posting videos of how they use their new anti. Der_Echte will be ordering some cheap anti to mock around with for his next camp, Silver will right endless reviews and try them all. Hookshot will turn away from his Dr Evil and move back to anti claiming it was his idea to start with, but you all know, credits for the ressurection of anti must go to me :lol:

haggisv wrote:
LOL!!! I like that!!! That post alone should bring this thread alive!!!

Well it already brought Hookshot in claiming anti was his idea :lol:

Der hasn't been in, only because he's been on another internet blackout. :roll:

Tat will take time to turn because he has 20 sheets of Prashida to break still :lol:

Silver will write a review on his grandmother's washing powder, so don't take credit for that one! :P :lol:

BH will try anti, but he'll never turn to it because it will take away half his mystic powers which come from his spinability, which will make his smokescreen disappear and he will drop to below 1500 USATT ranking. :lol: :lol:

You forgot a few others that might join the bandwagon though. JooSeKev will be one jumping on. Foss has already jumped on pre-emptively before you (he must have had a vision), then there's blocker and dozer who will find they can trick all the trophy hunters into messing up, don't forget dark horse who plays well with anything on a blade, Greggy will be the tough one to turn but if you can convince his chinese coach or even ransom his Joo shirt you might have a chance, Mt.Biker.E is new and swedish so he might be an easy one to convince. I'm sure there is a host of others I could mention too, but I hear they have already gone Anti Speedplay :wink: :P :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 24 Feb 2008, 16:18 
A Beautiful Brain

Hi...Yes I have tried anti...and the anti was Super Anti...not the special...I have to say that though I could return any shot with any spin, it was difficult for me to cause any disturbances with it, and I thrive on seeing looks of dismay on opponents faces...Ha! :lol:

So...will I be using it...no...I can get more disturbances, have more fun and hit better and generally play better with Cloud & Fog 3 OX ...BUT I actually like it better than Neptune OX, and my practice partners often remark about the strange happenings with the ball...Another BUT....because the transition from Inferno to C&F3 is fast and painless, I will be using and loving my red Inferno until midnight on JUNE 30th...lol

I am also expecting some really great new pips to surface before July, so no need to change anything or worry about anything at all.

fosss

FH = Transcend SP on a MAX Big Slam sponge.
BH = Bomb Talent OX

Post subject:
PostPosted: 24 Feb 2008, 16:35 

Blade: Juic Hinoki One Ply
FH: Tibhar 5Q
BH: Scandal
I got the anti out at the college today and I must say, it causes as much or more havoc as the Dr Evil. I haven't used it is quit a long time and it is the eaisest thing to use. The control even beats Dr Evil OX.
I must admit I can hit with the Evil and almost never use the anti to hit. I never tried it for hitting backspin but I think I will tomorrow. I only found out about hitting backspin with slippery type pips 6 months ago and seems like it should work with the anti.
Today I met a kid from Nepal. He was ranked #30 in Nepal. He did not bring his bat so I gave him one to use. He has REALLY good shakehand form. He is going to join the club so now I have another good training partner. He has no experience against anti or OX SP. Both messed him up. :D

Backhand, Sriver FX Max

Post subject:
PostPosted: 24 Feb 2008, 20:44 

if you look i started a thread on the 2nd of jan
and no one replied for ages your name does bring in lots of response however other than this post i will not be adding anything else to this thread :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 24 Feb 2008, 22:55 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

I must agree with you Colin, I did read it here by you first. But its more fun teasing Speedplay. You don't reel in so well :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 25 Feb 2008, 08:48 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

speedplay wrote:
Reb, trust me, as soon as you look on the pricetag of a TT-related item, your EJ-status is gone, gone, gone!

Yipeeeeeeeee!!!! I'm cured :shaking2:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 02 Mar 2008, 17:37 
I am Legend
I am Legend

Yeah, because I'm such a huge anti user...

:P

Post subject:
PostPosted: 05 Mar 2008, 08:15 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

What??? anti-pips???!!! How dare you even suggest that :evil: :evil: :evil: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 06 Mar 2008, 22:14 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Perhaps Haggis meant it should be Pips-Anti :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 01 Apr 2008, 08:57 
The King

The anti forum seems to be a bit dead so why not post here. I've played with long pips ever since i was 15(which is now almost 20 years ago) and never really cared for anti spin rubbers. As far as i could tell anti rubbers have the same advantages like long pips(insensitive to incoming spin etc.) but produce less deceptive balls, less variation and pretty much no spin reversal(usually dead). In the past(over 10 years) i tried Ellen defensive for a while but i was not really impressed.

After reading about anti spin rubbers here i decided to give some anti rubbers a try. I ordered a sheet of meteor 835 and a sheet of friendship 804 and tried super anti which i borrowed from someone. The super anti is the most traditional anti rubber, the other have some grip. After playing with all 3 for a few hours i must say i'm still not too impressed with the anti rubbers.

While it is very easy to return serves and chop and block topspin it it's not easier than with any long pips i have played with. Attacking is easy with anti but also these balls are usually dead. To me attacking with LP is not difficult and i feel my opponent has more difficulty returning attacks from LP.

All in all playing with anti felt very limited to me, regarding that my opinion from 20 years ago hasn't changed much. I had some hope for the hallmark mirage anti but apparently spin reversal isn't what they are advertising.