OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 18 Apr 2024, 16:20

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 21 Feb 2014, 08:21 
Reverse Psychologist
Reverse Psychologist

Blade: Victas Matsushita Off
FH: Tibhar EL-s 1.9
BH: Victas Curl P1V 1.0
One of my club mates wanted to switch from double inverted to Anti and bought a Donic Anti Classic 1.5mm (very soft sponge!). After only a few moments of trying, he said he didn't like it and that Anti wasn't for him. I asked him if I could try it and... I liked it very much. It was very easy to chop with, had lots of control. So he just gave me the rubber.

Now, it is cut to a Friendship Hinoki OFF- blade (150x155) so it doesn't fit to one of my defensive blades.

I'm thinking of buying a cheap blade that works well with Anti but is at the same time very good for FH looping attacks. I'm considering an ALL+/Off- blade.

Now, what type of blade (hard/soft - stiff/flex - slow/fast) fits well with anti topspin rubbers in general? Or maybe more specific, what blade would fit this particular anti topspin rubber (thin soft sponge) well?

Some blades I have in mind:

Donic Persson Powerplay (version with filled handle)
KTL Instinct
KTL Instinct+

Note that I tried (only) 1 other anti spin rubber in my life and that's a Toni Hold on my VKM: that felt awfull and had a very unnatural sound, but it wasn't bad to play with either (although I prefer the Donic rubber clearly)...

PostPosted: 22 Feb 2014, 18:33 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Pipsy wrote:
One of my club mates wanted to switch from double inverted to Anti and bought a Donic Anti Classic 1.5mm (very soft sponge!). After only a few moments of trying, he said he didn't like it and that Anti wasn't for him. I asked him if I could try it and... I liked it very much. It was very easy to chop with, had lots of control. So he just gave me the rubber.

Now, it is cut to a Friendship Hinoki OFF- blade (150x155) so it doesn't fit to one of my defensive blades.

I'm thinking of buying a cheap blade that works well with Anti but is at the same time very good for FH looping attacks. I'm considering an ALL+/Off- blade.

Now, what type of blade (hard/soft - stiff/flex - slow/fast) fits well with anti topspin rubbers in general? Or maybe more specific, what blade would fit this particular anti topspin rubber (thin soft sponge) well?

Some blades I have in mind:

Donic Persson Powerplay (version with filled handle)
KTL Instinct
KTL Instinct+

Note that I tried (only) 1 other anti spin rubber in my life and that's a Toni Hold on my VKM: that felt awfull and had a very unnatural sound, but it wasn't bad to play with either (although I prefer the Donic rubber clearly)...

Especially away from the table, anti has its appeal. Using it with sponge, of course, it is much easier to make spin by yourself than it is with LP, and the control with what would be thick sponge for LP is still very high with anti. I myself favor it over LP for mid/long distance defense; but close to the table, where there is less time for longer strokes, LP is generally more practical.
Anti works on most blades; in this respect it also easier to use than LP. For defense, though, in my experience the speed should be ALL or less. The LKT/KTL Instinct would work fine with it.
By the way, anti is very easy to attack with, too. And almost as disruptive as LP when used for attack. If you have the footwork to get in and out quickly, you will be able to build a highly varied modern defense game around the anti backhand.

PostPosted: 22 Feb 2014, 21:46 
Super User

With the Victas and the anti classic 1.5 you won't miss a chop... but spin is not as high as pl

BH: Grass D.Tecs 1.5 (black)