OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 18 Apr 2024, 13:07

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 23 Oct 2017, 13:02 

Blade: Yinhe 980XX
FH: Yinhe 9000D
BH: Yinhe 955 0.7mm
Good day! I'm getting more confused each day with all the anti's in the market :?: . But after some (stressful :whew: ) research I think I boiled down my options into three modern anti's that still has some friction in them and capable of attacking. Power Attack, Django and Anti-Speed. Anyone tried all of them and can tell the differences between them?

I'm planning on putting it on to my Donier Def Blade (slow, soft, and flexible blade). My BH is 80% defense (blocking, chopping, pushing) 20% offense (smashing, aggressive pushing), just a little info in case anyone suggests which anti rubber best fit my style.

Thanks, guys!

PostPosted: 23 Oct 2017, 19:48 
Super User

Blade: S&T Black & White
FH: Armstrong SH-I 1.8
BH: S&T Hellfire X OX
Not sure how you'll go finding players that have used all 3 but I can give a few of my own impressions of Django. I have it in 1.5 on a Defplay Senso. Not my main bat but I enjoy playing with it occasionally. It wasn't quite what I expected given the manufacturer's description of it having a bit of friction. Perhaps it does compared to many of the other of the Dr's antis but not as much as a few of the older classic antis. I was expecting a little bit of grip like Ellen DEF but it's a very smooth surface that sends back nearly dead balls when chopping, though with very good control.

On the positive side for me, the sponge seems somewhat firm for an anti which allows for very active play, aggressive pushing and flattish hits that can generate quite good speed. Insensitive to incoming spin as you would expect, and quite good for blocking - a bit different to very soft antis - the ball rebounds a bit faster but it's not hard to keep it short and low over the net. It's a lot of fun to play with. I would prefer if it had a touch more grip so that I could get a little spin on chops and so that I didn't have to hit quite so flat, but that's a personal thing (and could possibly be improved if I had bought it in a thicker sponge).

PostPosted: 23 Oct 2017, 20:27 

Blade: Yinhe 980XX
FH: Yinhe 9000D
BH: Yinhe 955 0.7mm
Is the Django faster or slower with thicker sponge?

PostPosted: 23 Oct 2017, 20:51 
Super User

Blade: S&T Black & White
FH: Armstrong SH-I 1.8
BH: S&T Hellfire X OX
I believe it has a normal (non-dampening) sponge so thicker = faster.