OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 14:20

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 29 May 2015, 03:14 

Hi I have a question about color. Is there any differes between red or black ( Speed control reversal)
I have a black 0.7 and love it but I want too have black on FH .
I like tacky rubbers on FH and play h3
And it is tackier in black

PostPosted: 17 Aug 2015, 20:14 

AA wrote:
the thicker the sponge, the better the control and the slower the sheet becomes, the thinner the sponge, the more backspin is returned. BAD is in between spinparasite and beast in terms of speed. i would claim that that all sponge variotions of bad are faster than the beast 1.2 as beast is a veeery slow sheet.. 0.7 and 1.1 for sure, and i would assume the same counts for 1.5.

Could You compare this rubber to spinparasite more? I mean which is easier to block with? Which rubber is harder?

PostPosted: 17 Aug 2015, 21:09 
Holey Woods
Holey Woods

Blade: Joo Se Hyuk
FH: Xiom Omega VII Euro
BH: Dornenglanz ox
I actually bought this rubber and got it last friday but haven't yet played with it. This is 100% for fun though and the only other GlAnti I've tried was the Nightmare which I had huge troubles with. Anti just doesn't suit my strokes and playing style but it's always fun to try new things. I might be able to try it tomorrow night but otherwise I'll give my thoughts next week, spin reversal seems really high though, I'm a bit surprised to be honest.

PostPosted: 17 Aug 2015, 21:29 
Super User

Blade: Barna Original Triumph
FH: Yasaka Rakza PO max.
BH: DMS Störkraft 0.8
detrytus wrote:
AA wrote:
the thicker the sponge, the better the control and the slower the sheet becomes, the thinner the sponge, the more backspin is returned. BAD is in between spinparasite and beast in terms of speed. i would claim that that all sponge variotions of bad are faster than the beast 1.2 as beast is a veeery slow sheet.. 0.7 and 1.1 for sure, and i would assume the same counts for 1.5.

Could You compare this rubber to spinparasite more? I mean which is easier to block with? Which rubber is harder?

spinparasite is the harder surface, bad is a bit softer = slower. spinparasite might have a tiny bit more spinreversal, bad has the best control of all slick antis in my opinion in terms of "angle dependency"

PostPosted: 17 Aug 2015, 22:31 

AA wrote:
spinparasite is the harder surface, bad is a bit softer = slower. spinparasite might have a tiny bit more spinreversal, bad has the best control of all slick antis in my opinion in terms of "angle dependency"

Thanks! You wrote that BAD has the best control in block but how big difference is between spinparasite? I had big problem to make several blocks with spinparasite in a row and Im wondering how big difference will be with bad now. I used to play with soft antis which behave close to "normal" rubber and block is quite easy (angle is similar to inverted rubbers).

PostPosted: 17 Aug 2015, 23:27 
Super User

Blade: Barna Original Triumph
FH: Yasaka Rakza PO max.
BH: DMS Störkraft 0.8
detrytus wrote:

Thanks! You wrote that BAD has the best control in block but how big difference is between spinparasite? I had big problem to make several blocks with spinparasite in a row and Im wondering how big difference will be with bad now. I used to play with soft antis which behave close to "normal" rubber and block is quite easy (angle is similar to inverted rubbers).

playing slick antis requires skill, as you really need to adjust the angle according to the incoming spin. none of the slick antis can be played like "normal" antis. with BAD the problem of adjusting the angle accordingly is reduced noticeably, but the principle remains the same, meaning that it is more forgiving.

PostPosted: 28 Aug 2015, 16:33 
Holey Woods
Holey Woods

Blade: Joo Se Hyuk
FH: Xiom Omega VII Euro
BH: Dornenglanz ox
Okay so I had a go with this rubber just for fun a couple of days ago and even though I have to say that it's a very good rubber for what it's designed to do, it's just so far away from what I'm used to that I had big problems in the beginning. I only played with it for about an hour but the difference in correct technique when using this and an OX LP is night and day.

Since I didn't play with it for long and haven't played with any other glanti except Nightmare, I don't want to say too much since I really don't have any real basis for comparison. All I want to say is that if you're a pure blocker/pushblocker that play off the bounce on either wing this might be a rubber to at least give a try, but if you do anything besides that you're better off with an LP in my opinion. Even if you do fall into that category I think that you're probably better off with an LP anyway, unless glanti suits your technique and preferences.

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!