OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 03:14

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: 03 Apr 2008, 08:27 
The King

I was just reading the german noppentest forum, there are some videos of the new dr neubauer dvd posted on youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQsH0qPARzw for the gorilla anti

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ejgOYkruDY&feature=related commentary from alan cooke

Despite the comments from alan cooke i was not really impressed by the video. To me it looked like a regular anti, very slow and easy to return any ball but the returns don't seem to be difficult for the opponent.

It was nowhere near the WOW feeling i had when i first saw the old neubauer video where they let the ball bounce on the ground and it shows the huge spin reversal. Then again, don't think we will see anything like that again in the near future.

Put to rest:
Galaxy T10 Bluefire M2 2.0 Palio Ck531a ox
Victas Koji Matsushita Tibhar Genius+Optimium sound MAX * Spinlord Dornenglanz ox
Donic Defplay Senso Tibhar Aurus Sound Black max * Grass D-tecs ox

Check out my quest for my new blade here: http://ooakforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=23241
Current standings:
Butterfly Matshushita powerdefence * Joola Chen Weixing * Nittaku KVU * Nittaku Shake defense* Tibhar stratus power defense * Victas Koji Matsushita * Yasaka Sweeper * Win-Tec power defence

Post subject:
PostPosted: 03 Apr 2008, 11:52 
Super User

I agree. It is clear that they are aggressively, boldly marketing these by comparing them favorably with the frictionless long pimples, which is absurd. They might be great rubbers, might be the best ones for certain styles after the ban, but nothing will play like frictionless long pimples, nor be as effective blocking v. topspin.

blade BTY Photino ST/Palio HengDa #1 ST, fh Palio Macro ERA 42deg MAX, bh Palio CK531A OX

TT Armory, N. America Palio distributor. Macro ERA Tensor, Biotech rubbers, and more.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 03 Apr 2008, 13:03 
Rotatus Maximus
Rotatus Maximus

To be honest, I'm still fairly impressed.

The problems with Inferno for me (apart from not being able to chop away from the table with it) were that it was difficult to attack with, and blocking big hard loops created so much underspin the ball would sail long off the table.

Dr N still uses his wrist to slightly pull back during contact on faster loops with Gorilla during the vid (maybe something you wouldn't need to do with Mirage), but the problem of the ball floating long due to extreme under spin is solved, and attack potential should be much greater than SB & Inferno.

Yes, the frictionless pip days are gone, but this will still mess up our opponents, especially when we attack with it.

Member of Anastasia's Fan Club

Post subject:
PostPosted: 03 Apr 2008, 18:18 
The King

Not sure if this is because of my comment on the other video but there is now a new neubauer video posted where they let the ball bounce on the ground and it shows the spin reversal:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hEB3fm1L ... re=related

The anti seems to be better suited for defensive strokes. However i noticed the returns from the Dr were quite high. When returning with let's say Superblock this wasn't much of a problem because of the huge spin reversal but with this anti i feel you are giving the opponent too many opportunities.

Put to rest:
Victas Koji Matsushita Tibhar Genius+Optimium sound MAX * Spinlord Dornenglanz ox

Check out my quest for my new blade here: http://ooakforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=23241
Current standings:
Butterfly Matshushita powerdefence * Joola Chen Weixing * Nittaku KVU * Nittaku Shake defense* Tibhar stratus power defense * Victas Koji Matsushita * Yasaka Sweeper * Win-Tec power defence

Post subject:
PostPosted: 03 Apr 2008, 19:11 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
Yes I think we need some independent review. A world class player like Dr N can probably do just about anything with all his rubbers...

Post subject:
PostPosted: 03 Apr 2008, 19:41 
Mind Gamer Extraordinaire

still, I'm reasonably impressed by the new antis...

Wouldn't pay 46 euro for it though :roll:

Tibhar IV-S - Donic Defplay SensoV3 - BTY Tackiness D/C - BTY Feint Soft - Meteor 813

Post subject:
PostPosted: 03 Apr 2008, 21:13 
Unorthodox Batman
Unorthodox Batman

Jasper wrote:
still, I'm reasonably impressed by the new antis...

Wouldn't pay 46 euro for it though :roll:

I would! :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 03 Apr 2008, 23:37 
Chop or I'll Shoot
Chop or I'll Shoot

I talk to David Pech last night on the phone. He lives about 200 miles or just over 320 km from me. He said the new LP are like other LP. Not much spin reversal but the anti is just like the frictionless stuff. You can play it just about like SB. Just alittle change in the blade angle. And it is faster so you need a slower blade.
He also told me that he is going to sell some cork in the shape of your blade that you glue to your blade then you glue the rubber to it and it slows it down even more. I might just break out my Barricade blade and try that first. My Special blade is already on the big side anyway. More later.

USATT Rating: 1869

MOLON LABE!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: 04 Apr 2008, 02:58 
Unorthodox Batman
Unorthodox Batman

Interesting Joe - I wonder what blade Dr N is using in these videos. I too was wondering which of my many blades to glue the Gorilla too. I was going for my usual Ultra but bearing in mind what you say, I'm now thinking maybe the barricade is a good option.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 04 Apr 2008, 05:59 
VaMP-ire Killer

forget the Dr N antis, hallmark mirage is the new weapon

I finally got a good knock up against it and wow, remember I said I hated playing against it, I know why. When they say it acts like a frictionless, man it does more, its dead, ive never seen a rubber so dead that when the ball comes off it you actully have to move the ball yourself. I tried to block his hits with the anti and they didnt reach the net, hey hit the my side of the table before it go to the net!

Im not impressed with the R N suff, no offence to the guy, his pips are decent, and if his inverted rubbers are anything like domination then they are good aswell, but by the sound of the antis, I recon the stuff I could find and play against are better imo

Set Up: Butterfly Balsa Carbo X5 Stiga Calibra LT Sound and Butterfly Tenergy 05FX

Post subject:
PostPosted: 04 Apr 2008, 06:15 
Super User

Just a comment regarding the interview with Alan Cooke, as a studier of human behavior ( degree in Psychology ) I think his body language gives away the fact that he is not being honest about what he is saying, the angle of his body to the camera and his scratching of his head, plus a few other little give aways signs nornally points to un truth. It might be a bit rude to say this but sorry if that offend any one.

Gregg

Post subject:
PostPosted: 04 Apr 2008, 07:05 
Rotatus Maximus
Rotatus Maximus

Wow, interesting observation Greggy. I also felt he looked quite uncomfortable during the interview, and was struggling to give a good rap while keeping honest (ie his reputation).

Part of what was tearing him may have been that he couldn't say anything about the spin reversal (what they wanted him to comment on most) because while good, it isn't as extreme as SB was.

Member of Anastasia's Fan Club

Post subject:
PostPosted: 04 Apr 2008, 07:08 
Anti Spin Hero
Anti Spin Hero

I'm with you, the scratching of the ear etc etc

Greggy wrote:
Just a comment regarding the interview with Alan Cooke, as a studier of human behavior ( degree in Psychology ) I think his body language gives away the fact that he is not being honest about what he is saying, the angle of his body to the camera and his scratching of his head, plus a few other little give aways signs nornally points to un truth. It might be a bit rude to say this but sorry if that offend any one.

Gregg

Post subject:
PostPosted: 04 Apr 2008, 07:09 
Anti Spin Hero
Anti Spin Hero

skull what technique do you need for the mirage? Is it like the gorilla appears to be - a slightly closed bat against top, but basically an LP approach?

Skull wrote:
forget the Dr N antis, hallmark mirage is the new weapon

I finally got a good knock up against it and wow, remember I said I hated playing against it, I know why. When they say it acts like a frictionless, man it does more, its dead, ive never seen a rubber so dead that when the ball comes off it you actully have to move the ball yourself. I tried to block his hits with the anti and they didnt reach the net, hey hit the my side of the table before it go to the net!

Im not impressed with the R N suff, no offence to the guy, his pips are decent, and if his inverted rubbers are anything like domination then they are good aswell, but by the sound of the antis, I recon the stuff I could find and play against are better imo

Post subject:
PostPosted: 04 Apr 2008, 07:20 
The King

Quick update for all the non german speaking people here: The general impression the noppen-test.de is about the same as here. Not that impressive, high returns etc. Something that hasn't been mentioned here: The black anti is gorilla, the red one is grizzly. Someone there mentioned the videos do show the spin reversal on the grizzly(classical defence video) but not on the gorilla.

And i agree with the comments about alan cooke. I produce videos professionally and the first time i heard(video was playing in the background) him on the video i noticed he did not sound very natural. Then again some people are just not comfortable in front of a camera.

Put to rest:

Current standings: