OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 16:33

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject: QUESTION TO TONI HOLD
PostPosted: 30 May 2015, 06:43 
Super User

Blade: On Elmstreet Ulmo
FH: Palio Flying Dragon
BH: Spinparasite
As all we know the first anti belongs to Toni Hold .We also know that Mr.Toni Hold is expert about anties.He developed a new anti'Toni Hold New Anti 40' years ago.This anti has ox(not really ox..a very thin foam like thing under) 1 mm and 1.5 mm versions.Up to now I prefer to play with its ox version and I like it very much ,except not long lasting.Toni Hold also sold special sponges .I bought and put 0.5 Toni Hold sponge under the rubber after moving foam like thing under the rubber.I was not hopefull from this because I think if it is good Toni hold will also produce its 0.5 sponge version.But after putting this sponge under the rubber my anti control increased ..it has good control but with this sponge more control and what is strange spin reversal also increased.Also hitting is easier now.You can block heavy topspin easily now.I don't understand why Toni Hold doesn't produce this anti with 0.5 sponge.What is bad about 0.5 sponge Anti.Any friends know please let me know.Thanks

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 30 May 2015, 07:26 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

Blade: WRM Gokushu2
FH: S&T Secret Flow 1mm
BH: S&T Monkey ox
You're talking about the Toni Hold Dampening sponge? I'll have to try that. What blade are you using these days?

The MNNB Blog has had some pretty amazing stuff lately. Just click this text to check it out.
| My OOAK Interview
Table Tennis Video Links: itTV | laola1.tv | ttbl | fftt | Challenger Series | mnnb-tv

My whole set-up costs less than a sheet of Butterfly Dignics

PostPosted: 30 May 2015, 10:44 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
With a thinner sponge you would expect control to be better for most strokes, and also for reversal to bve better. However when blocking fast loops, it tends to be hard to take the pace off, since you're almost blocking directly with the blade. A thicker sponge (especially a dampening sponge) would help absorb the pace a lot more.

PostPosted: 31 May 2015, 04:58 
Super User

mynamenotbob wrote:
You're talking about the Toni Hold Dampening sponge? I'll have to try that. What blade are you using these days?

Try it mynamenotbob..You will like it.Control is unbelivable.Also reversal is good especially chop blocking is excellent,very effective.I am still using Tachi.What is good is when you block no speed..you send the ball short to the opponent side but when you hit speed is good.Although it is expensive(20 American Dollars)it worths...

PostPosted: 31 May 2015, 05:08 
Super User

haggisv wrote:
With a thinner sponge you would expect control to be better for most strokes, and also for reversal to bve better. However when blocking fast loops, it tends to be hard to take the pace off, since you're almost blocking directly with the blade. A thicker sponge (especially a dampening sponge) would help absorb the pace a lot more.

Dear haggisv, I agree that thicker dampening sponge absord the pace a lot more but 0.5 dampening sponge of Toni Hold is also absorb it enough(I haven't tried 1.0 mm one ,so I don't have any idea.)I blocked a lot of fast loops yesterday.Fast loops after touching my backhand becomes slow ball with a lot of spin on it.Before this sponge after the ball touch the blade it flew outsıde.That was my problem and now it is solved.I will send a video to the form while blocking fast loops.On the other hand I don't think that Toni Hold will not produce this anti with 0.5 because of this reason.I sent a mail to Toni Hold Company and ask.I hope they answer.Thanks..