OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 17:54

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: 16 Nov 2015, 07:58 

Blade: Donic Appelgreen Senso V2
FH: Donic P1 turbo
BH: L. P.
Hi,

before the banning of frictionless LP I used to play with Hallmark Original 0X red and donic f2 max on a butterfly grubba pro blade. Now I am returning to table tennis and was wondering if the combination of BUFFALO with the grubba pro could do the same style of play has with Hallmark original + donic M1 2,0mm?!?

At this moment i have on my possetion 2 more blades: Donic Cayman and a 20 years ols Butterfly mazunov, what about buffalo paired with those blades?

Best regards

PostPosted: 16 Nov 2015, 23:28 

Jedy wrote:
Hi,

before the banning of frictionless LP I used to play with Hallmark Original 0X red and donic f2 max on a butterfly grubba pro blade. Now I am returning to table tennis and was wondering if the combination of BUFFALO with the grubba pro could do the same style of play has with Hallmark original + donic M1 2,0mm?!?

At this moment i have 2 more blades: Donic Cayman and a 20 years ols Butterfly mazunov, what about buffalo paired with those blades?

Best regards

Any advice??

Thank

Style: something like Fabian AKerstrom

PostPosted: 17 Nov 2015, 00:58 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

No anti plays like an OX LP. Perhaps the choice for a current Hallmark LP would be a better one.
As for how the Buffalo would play on those blades, I would think the Cayman is the least suitable blade of the three you own. Mazunow and Grubba might do, depending on your style.

PostPosted: 18 Nov 2015, 07:02 

Kees wrote:
No anti plays like an OX LP. Perhaps the choice for a current Hallmark LP would be a better one.
As for how the Buffalo would play on those blades, I would think the Cayman is the least suitable blade of the three you own. Mazunow and Grubba might do, depending on your style.

Thank´s kees!

I have a good forehand topspin, very ofensive on that side, on the backhand i mostly block, push, shop and only sometimes I do a topspin. The problem with my backhand atack is the lack consistence on atacking strokes.
I was thinking on trying the nitaku best anti on my mazunov blade do you think the buffalo would do a beter job?

Any sugestion?

PostPosted: 18 Nov 2015, 17:07 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Jedy wrote:
Kees wrote:

Thank´s kees!

I have a good forehand topspin, very ofensive on that side, on the backhand i mostly block, push, shop and only sometimes I do a topspin. The problem with my backhand atack is the lack consistence on atacking strokes.
I was thinking on trying the nitaku best anti on my mazunov blade do you think the buffalo would do a beter job?

Any sugestion?

The Nittaku anti is much more versatile, as it is capable of effectively attacking topspin and no-spin. Although Buffalo can deal with no-spin, it can't attack it really well, and it certainly can't attack topspin - it is essentially a defensive rubber, not allround.

PostPosted: 18 Nov 2015, 17:13 

Kees wrote:
Jedy wrote:
Kees wrote:

Thank´s kees!

Any sugestion?

The Nittaku anti is much more versatile, as it is capable of effectively attacking topspin and no-spin. Although Buffalo can deal with no-spin, it can't attack it really well, and it certainly can't attack topspin - it is essentially a defensive rubber, not allround.

Thank´s once more,

I will try the NBA on my mazunov!
Which thikness should I use on my OFF blade, 1.5mm or 2.0mm?

best regards

PostPosted: 18 Nov 2015, 17:16 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

2.0 mm if you plan to attack often, 1.5 mm for allround play. The 2.0 mm will be more sensitive to incoming spin.

Edit: Nittaku doesn't come in 1.5 mm, it comes in 1.3 and 2.0. The 1.3 mm would be quite thin to attack serious topspin, it would be possible, but it would need good technique (practice). So the 2.0 mm would be better suited to an allround game that would include frequent counter attack, the 1.3 mm would better suit a more defense-oriented type of game.

PostPosted: 18 Nov 2015, 21:06 

Kees wrote:
2.0 mm if you plan to attack often, 1.5 mm for allround play. The 2.0 mm will be more sensitive to incoming spin.

Edit: Nittaku doesn't come in 1.5 mm, it comes in 1.3 and 2.0. The 1.3 mm would be quite thin to attack serious topspin, it would be possible, but it would need good technique (practice). So the 2.0 mm would be better suited to an allround game that would include frequent counter attack, the 1.3 mm would better suit a more defense-oriented type of game.

I saw a video with huth simon playing (i am far from is level, obviously), my playing style is similar, forehand oriented, then I will give a try with NBA 2.0mm. Hope it will help me ;-)

Thank´s

PostPosted: 19 Nov 2015, 01:36 
Super User

Blade: OSP Ultimate
FH: DrN Dominance Spin Hard
BH: DrN Troublemaker 0.5
Jedy wrote:
Kees wrote:

I saw a video with huth simon playing (i am far from is level, obviously), my playing style is similar, forehand oriented, then I will give a try with NBA 2.0mm. Hope it will help me ;-)

Thank´s

You do realize though that Huth does play with Buffalo but he also twiddles and uses inverted on bh to attack.

PostPosted: 19 Nov 2015, 01:53 

Quote:
You do realize though that Huth does play with Buffalo but he also twiddles and uses inverted on bh to attack.

Thank´s Matt Pimple,

but I thought he was using Neubaur A.S.!

I also do twiddles, but with my backhand I can only do 1 strong atack, after that if my oponent does a fast block i usually just block (i am too slow with my backhand on recovering from my 1st stroke to repeat it!). At this moment I have a bad stamina and my footwork is a bit of slow, have to practice more my endurance like I use to do.

Have you ever try or play with Nitaku Best Anti? If so, is it possible to play the kinf of game like Huth is doing?

Best regards

PostPosted: 19 Nov 2015, 02:22 
Super User

Jedy wrote:
Quote:

Thank´s Matt Pimple,

but I thought he was using Neubaur A.S.!

I also do twiddles, but with my backhand I can only do 1 strong atack, after that if my oponent does a fast block i usually just block (i am too slow with my backhand on recovering from my 1st stroke to repeat it!). At this moment I have a bad stamina and my footwork is a bit of slow, have to practice more my endurance like I use to do.

Have you ever try or play with Nitaku Best Anti? If so, is it possible to play the kinf of game like Huth is doing?

Best regards

Huth recently switched from Dr. Neubauer Anti Special to the new Buffalo. He stated this in September in a German forum called "Noppentest".
I have not tested NBA myself so I can't comment on that specific rubber. In general you do not get much reversal with a classic anti like NBA whereas you get heavy reversal with a frictionless anti like NAS or Buffalo so it would not be the same game. Huth does rely a lot on his strong forehand but often he sets it up nicely with the anti for example by forcing an opponent to push the ball on blocks with anti.

PostPosted: 19 Nov 2015, 02:42 

Edit

Last edited by Jedy on 19 Nov 2015, 02:52, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: 19 Nov 2015, 02:43 

Quote:
Huth recently switched from Dr. Neubauer Anti Special to the new Buffalo. He stated this in September in a German forum called "Noppentest".
I have not tested NBA myself so I can't comment on that specific rubber. In general you do not get much reversal with a classic anti like NBA whereas you get heavy reversal with a frictionless anti like NAS or Buffalo so it would not be the same game. Huth does rely a lot on his strong forehand but often he sets it up nicely with the anti for example by forcing an opponent to push the ball on blocks with anti.

Thank´s once more Matt,

I understand, I supose he is doing a kind of strategy like older frictionless long pimples players until 2008.

At this moment a friend of mine have a Nittaku Best Anti 2.0mm and he told me if I wanted to try it he could borrow me in "late" december (18 december: his last tournment game this year). But now I thinking if I shouldnt wait and try as soon as possible the Buffalo?!?!

I know they are diferent rubbers, but what should I do, it seems then NBA is more versatil and Buffalo more dangerous.
Kees, Matt and all other ANTI players what should I try to start with? I am really thinking on Buffalo since it have such hight reversal and easy control of play. I supose than Buffalo has more control, easier to play than NBA, isnt it? and will he suit well on the Mazunov blade?

Best regards

PostPosted: 19 Nov 2015, 02:55 
Super User

Jedy wrote:
I know they are diferent rubbers, but what should I do, it seems then NBA is more versatil and Buffalo more dangerous.
Kees, Matt and all other ANTI players what should I try to start with? I am really thinking on Buffalo since it have such hight reversal and easy control of play. I supose than Buffalo has more control, easier to play than NBA, isnt it? and will he suit well on the Mazunov blade?

I can't comment on the NBA in particular but in general class antis like NBA or BTY Super Anti (which I have tested) are much easier to play with and to control than frictionless anti and that includes the new Buffalo. Though I do believe the Buffalo is much improved in that department compared to other frictionless antis like ABS or Grizzly but it is still not easy to play and will require some time to adjust to. I believe a classic anti like NBA needs to played very actively to take advantage of it whereas a frictionless anti like Buffalo can be played passively due to the reversal. So it would also to some extend depend on your particular style or how would like to play.

PostPosted: 19 Nov 2015, 23:59 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

As for the Buffalo and balsa, I have now tested this anti on three balsa blades (Re Impact T4, Re Impact Smart, Tibhar Defense Plus) and I was completely surprised by the positive results I got! Balsa, it seems, is a plus with this anti - at least on DEF blades. The problem I had on conventional DEF (or ALL-) blades with the Buffalo was with attacking incoming topspin or low spin balls; the rubber was just too slow to deal with them accurately. The balsa, however, gives this strokes a real boost! And without compromising your defensive strokes, as it tends to slow the ball even more down with those. It is like playing with an OFF-/ALL+ blade when you attack and with a DEF/DEF- blade when you defend, which is really very nice. The Re Impact T4, an OFF- blade, was a bit too fast to defend with; good for blocking and attacking, though. But the Tibhar Def Plus was very good in attack in defense, and the Smart played like a dream. If you want a pleasing mix of real defense with real attack, especially the Smart (or blades like it) is the ticket with this anti.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next