OOAK Table Tennis Forum


A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
Live Table Tennis Videos Table Tennis News Live OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 16 Dec 2017, 03:29


Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!



All times are UTC + 9:30 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Author Message
PostPosted: 15 Dec 2015, 22:23 
Offline
Super User
User avatar

Joined: 23 Sep 2013, 11:04
Posts: 640
Location: Zagreb, Croatia
Has thanked: 33 times
Been thanked: 83 times
Blade: DMS Destroyer
FH: XIOM Vega China max
BH: Transformer 1.5 mm
hi,

progress is evident:) i like your control with anti on receiving the serves...

things you need to work at are like you told; you close the blade too much on blocking...

another thing i may add, when you push the underspin ball with anti, you push it to slow, to gently...try to push it hard and aggressive, dont be afraid, it will go on the table...keep the blade vertical to the table, not open like with backside, and push it hard forward...the ball is then attacking the opponent and he has less time to react so you will get some easy balls to put away with the FH...

looking forward for your next video, enjoy :up:

_________________
My TT blog
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn my inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.


Top
 Profile  
 


Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 15 Dec 2015, 22:28 
Offline
Iron Pips
Iron Pips
User avatar

Joined: 14 Jun 2010, 22:07
Posts: 3519
Location: Göteborg, Sweden
Has thanked: 524 times
Been thanked: 296 times
Blade: Stiga Carbonado 190
FH: Xiom Omega V Pro
BH: Dr N Bison+ 1,8 mm
111Iceman111 wrote:
hi,

progress is evident:) i like your control with anti on receiving the serves...

things you need to work at are like you told; you close the blade too much on blocking...

another thing i may add, when you push the underspin ball with anti, you push it to slow, to gently...try to push it hard and aggressive, dont be afraid, it will go on the table...keep the blade vertical to the table, not open like with backside, and push it hard forward...the ball is then attacking the opponent and he has less time to react so you will get some easy balls to put away with the FH...

looking forward for your next video, enjoy :up:


Thanks, will try that pushing...
I have found that often the slowness of the ball, and that it is played short, is what disrupts my opponents rythm and game the most. So pushing back backspin short, making it a slow, short and low top spin, can be very difficult for your opponent. But if they are close to the table, a fast and long push to the body is a lot better... But both strokes are needed to avoid being predictable.

_________________
My blog: Def-attack's attempts to find balance between defence/attack | Serving techniques and strategy section


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 15 Dec 2015, 22:56 
Offline
Super User
User avatar

Joined: 23 Sep 2013, 11:04
Posts: 640
Location: Zagreb, Croatia
Has thanked: 33 times
Been thanked: 83 times
Blade: DMS Destroyer
FH: XIOM Vega China max
BH: Transformer 1.5 mm
i certainly agree you have to have variety!

but my level of opponents usually kill any slower ball i send them, if it is not very short behind the net, or have a lot of backspin...

when an opponent is standing in his BH corner, and he pushes to your BH, if u dont have time to jump around and spin it with FH, a hard push with anti i was talking about, to his far FH will get you a direct point or an easy ball....try it, it is really easy to do it with anti...and then, when he anticipate it on FH you change it to BH or the middle... :lol:

_________________
My TT blog
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn my inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 15 Dec 2015, 22:59 
Offline
Iron Pips
Iron Pips
User avatar

Joined: 14 Jun 2010, 22:07
Posts: 3519
Location: Göteborg, Sweden
Has thanked: 524 times
Been thanked: 296 times
Blade: Stiga Carbonado 190
FH: Xiom Omega V Pro
BH: Dr N Bison+ 1,8 mm
111Iceman111 wrote:
i certainly agree you have to have variety!

but my level of opponents usually kill any slower ball i send them, if it is not very short behind the net, or have a lot of backspin...

when an opponent is standing in his BH corner, and he pushes to your BH, if u dont have time to jump around and spin it with FH, a hard push with anti i was talking about, to his far FH will get you a direct point or an easy ball....try it, it is really easy to do it with anti...and then, when he anticipate it on FH you change it to BH or the middle... :lol:

Great tip!!!

_________________
My blog: Def-attack's attempts to find balance between defence/attack | Serving techniques and strategy section


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 16 Dec 2015, 07:34 
Offline
Super User

Joined: 25 Aug 2010, 05:04
Posts: 412
Location: UK
Has thanked: 98 times
Been thanked: 19 times
Blade: Tibhar Stratus PD
FH: Tibhar Evolution ELP
BH: Grass DTecS ox
Keep it up. You are beginning to play really well close to the table. The fast push and open block will become a matter of muscle memory in due course.

Bulldog

_________________
Tibhar Stratus Powerdefense. Tibhar Evolution ELP max/ Tibhar Grass DTecS ox


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 16 Dec 2015, 07:41 
Offline
Iron Pips
Iron Pips
User avatar

Joined: 14 Jun 2010, 22:07
Posts: 3519
Location: Göteborg, Sweden
Has thanked: 524 times
Been thanked: 296 times
Blade: Stiga Carbonado 190
FH: Xiom Omega V Pro
BH: Dr N Bison+ 1,8 mm
Bulldog wrote:
Keep it up. You are beginning to play really well close to the table. The fast push and open block will become a matter of muscle memory in due course.

Bulldog

Thanks!

_________________
My blog: Def-attack's attempts to find balance between defence/attack | Serving techniques and strategy section


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 16 Dec 2015, 10:07 
Offline
Super User

Joined: 19 Dec 2010, 13:20
Posts: 354
Has thanked: 8 times
Been thanked: 43 times
Your game is looking good DA. Keep at it and you will go from strength to strength. Good luck! :rock: :up:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 16 Dec 2015, 17:16 
Offline
Holey Woods
Holey Woods
User avatar

Joined: 16 Feb 2008, 04:53
Posts: 1094
Location: Sweden
Has thanked: 8 times
Been thanked: 71 times
Blade: Stiga Offensive Classic
FH: Bluefire M1
BH: Grass D.Tecs ox
I definitely agree with everyone else, the progress is quite clear. Keep up the good work!

_________________
Read about my adventures to perfect my style and the ever-present battle against the evil EJ virus!


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4




All times are UTC + 9:30 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Copyright 2012 OOAK Table Tennis Forum. The information on this site cannot be reused without written permission.

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group




Don't forget to 'LIKE' our forum on Facebook if you enjoy the content: