OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 20:24

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject: Buffalo vs BAD
PostPosted: 20 Nov 2015, 21:14 

Is it a big difference between the to ?
Or do they behave the same ?

I play BAD 0,7 and realy like it but i was thinkini about gettig a spare

Post subject: Re: Buffalo vs BAD
PostPosted: 20 Nov 2015, 23:13 
Super User

Blade: Barna Original Triumph
FH: Yasaka Rakza PO max.
BH: DMS Störkraft 0.8
MattiasFranzen wrote:
Is it a big difference between the to ?
Or do they behave the same ?

I play BAD 0,7 and realy like it but i was thinkini about gettig a spare

BAD is a bit faster than buffalo and has a lower trajectory. people will dispute over which one of the two has better reversal and control (required need to adjust the angle).

PostPosted: 21 Nov 2015, 02:49 
Super User

Blade: DMS Revolution
FH: XIOM Vega China max
BH: DrN ABS fAnti max
and while you are here AA, between BAD, Beast and Buffalo pls? :angel:

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn my inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

PostPosted: 21 Nov 2015, 03:24 
Super User

111Iceman111 wrote:
and while you are here AA, between BAD, Beast and Buffalo pls? :angel:

speed:all three are rather slow, buffalo is the slowest, then beast, then bad

spin reversal: you will hear various theories on this depending on who you ask

trajectory: beast and buffalo have a high trajectory...this means that the danger of blocking into the net is lower, but due to the higher bounce, the opponent will find it easierto loop against the block. bad has a much lower trajectory

ange dependency: in my opinion bad has the least dependency of getting the angle right when blocking, beast and buffalo have less control in this respect. i also found that buffalo reacts most unfavourable to no spin balls of the three

PostPosted: 24 Nov 2015, 02:35 
Super User

tnx a lot for answering...so you dont want to go into "spin reversal" debate? :rofl:

i have bought Beast in 1.2mm sponge and now contemplating if that was the "right" decision...i didnt get what i wanted from it, ie easy play with maximum spin reversal, substitute for ox lp...i play in a pretty strong league against strong players and hi power balls, so my idea of taking 1.2mm sponge for max spin reversal was probably wrong, because it bottoms out too frequently on hard balls and then doesnt even bounce from the blade (and it should be the opposite imo :) )...

now i dont know if i should continue to explore anti road and order beast 1.5mm to see the difference from 1.2mm, or maybe try BAD because i like what you said about less dependency of blade angle on blocking...(and maybe one of the DMS blades too :) )

btw, i am an active chop blocker with my lp ox so it was not easy to adapt to passive anti blocking that is required...

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn my inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

PostPosted: 24 Nov 2015, 06:45 
Super User

111Iceman111 wrote:
.i didnt get what i wanted from it, ie easy play with maximum spin reversal, substitute for ox lp...i play in a pretty strong league against strong players and hi power balls, so my idea of taking 1.2mm sponge for max spin reversal was probably wrong, because it bottoms out too frequently on hard balls and then doesnt even bounce from the blade (and it should be the opposite imo :) )...

now i dont know if i should continue to explore anti road and order beast 1.5mm to see the difference from 1.2mm, or maybe try BAD because i like what you said about less dependency of blade angle on blocking...(and maybe one of the DMS blades too :) )

btw, i am an active chop blocker with my lp ox so it was not easy to adapt to passive anti blocking that is required...

you will never find "easy play" with slick antis...they require a lot of training and skill and adjustmant from long pimples...thats the negative side...the positive side is the amount of spinreversal generated which is far greater than what was possible with frictionless pimples.

just like long pimples, it really depends on the combination of anti and blade, you get very different outcomes...it might not be a good idea to try them with a fast blade at first..

concerning the bottoming out: the thicker the sponge, the more dampening effect you will have, but less spin reversal...the blocks however will become shorter. so a thicker sponge might be better in terms of bottoming out. when the ball doesnt bounce from the blade, its due to a lot of spin in the loop meaning you havent opened the blade enough...its the opposite ehen the ball bottoms out = less spin, close the blade more. bad is best in terms of getting the angle right concerning the slick antis available on the market currently, but its faster than beast/buffalo, without being fast. so you might want to consider that.

being an active chopblocker, you really also have to be careful of not doing any chopblock motion, it will decrease the reversal.

PostPosted: 24 Nov 2015, 16:48 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Blade: Matador
FH: Tibhar K1 Euro
BH: SuperGlanti
I agree with AA on the above. When it comes to blocking BAD gives huge spin back (almost no spin is lost), even in 1.5 mm. But as soon as you move your bat at ball contact it kills the spin a lot. Which can be very deceptive also. But you will need some practicing if you are comming from a chop blocking style. It is difficult to be passive when blocking and you might need to loosen your grip of the bat.
BEAST can be slightly more controlled in some aspects like returning serves, attacking etc and it blocks very short and with high reversal if made correctly. But it has a different feel than BAD since BAD feels a little softer (in 1.5 mm). To me that is better but maybe not to everybody.

PostPosted: 27 Nov 2015, 04:18 
Super User

softer feel is what i will appreciate because i think i will get more control with it...

maybe i am not getting as much spin reversal as i have seen on youtube videos because i am not blocking passively...

i dont understand the part in which you are saying that i have to open my blade more when there is more spin and close it when there is less...isnt it the other way around? :headbang:

PostPosted: 27 Nov 2015, 16:07 
Super User

111Iceman111 wrote:

i dont understand the part in which you are saying that i have to open my blade more when there is more spin and close it when there is less...isnt it the other way around? :headbang:

not with slick antis..thats why they are tricky in handling ;)

PostPosted: 27 Nov 2015, 16:14 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Blade: Matador
FH: Tibhar K1 Euro
BH: SuperGlanti
AA wrote:
111Iceman111 wrote:

not with slick antis..thats why they are tricky in handling ;)

But it also has a little to do with speed of incomming ball. A slower one demands a lighter touch and might also require a different bat angle. Just try and figure out what works for you. But if ball goes to the net, opend the bat more.

PostPosted: 28 Nov 2015, 23:50 
Super User

hm, must wait winter pause, i will destroy my muscle memory otherwise :)