OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 18 Apr 2024, 11:40

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject: Anti for me?
PostPosted: 15 Oct 2015, 08:31 

I primarily push, block and flat hit. My grip is a thumb against the backhand rubber, with four fingers wrapped around the handle. I sometimes struggle with offense, and really don't want to learn to loop and deal with loop counters. Is anti spin for me? Possible, double anti? From what I've read, it could be! How would it play on a Sardius? Thanks.

Post subject: Re: Anti for me?
PostPosted: 15 Oct 2015, 18:56 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
Short pimples would probably suit... at least you can still spin the balls with those. Perhaps combine this with anti on the other side?

You'd really need to try it to see if you can make it work.

PostPosted: 17 Oct 2015, 10:15 

haggisv wrote:
Short pimples would probably suit... at least you can still spin the balls with those. Perhaps combine this with anti on the other side?

Thanks. That would be a really odd combo for me. Never really thought about it before. A lot of trickery there!

PostPosted: 17 Oct 2015, 10:39 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

pushsmasher wrote:
haggisv wrote:

Thanks. That would be a really odd combo for me. Never really thought about it before. A lot of trickery there!

Yeah :devil: :devil: :devil:

PostPosted: 17 Oct 2015, 14:46 

haggisv wrote:
pushsmasher wrote:
haggisv wrote:

Yeah :devil: :devil: :devil:

I have an odd grip, so this might give me an edge. Does Zeropong have any equipment you might recommend if I go this route? Don't really want to put a lot of $ in a set up I might not use.

PostPosted: 17 Oct 2015, 17:54 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Yep, try the 802 short pimples, that's a good start. They also have the 804 antispin, but they're not really a true antispin as it has quite a lot of grip. Perhaps just combine the 802 pimple with a cheap inverted rubber on the other side, see how you go.

PostPosted: 18 Oct 2015, 03:29 

haggisv wrote:
Yep, try the 802 short pimples, that's a good start. They also have the 804 antispin, but they're not really a true antispin as it has quite a lot of grip. Perhaps just combine the 802 pimple with a cheap inverted rubber on the other side, see how you go.

Any suggestions on a blade and the other inverted rubber? (Zeropong). Thank you!

PostPosted: 18 Oct 2015, 10:25 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

What are you using at the moment? I would not want to recommend anything too much different from your current bat.

PostPosted: 18 Oct 2015, 14:00 

haggisv wrote:
What are you using at the moment? I would not want to recommend anything too much different from your current bat.

I have been using a Green Dragon with Gambler Aces (forehand), and Geo Tacky on backhand. My big issue over the last 10 months or so is that I've changed setups...a lot. I know this isn't good, but I used to play with a Sardius with Tacky Drive and Chop...never have found anything that really suited me the way that setup did.

I was thinking about a 729 8041 (2 cardbon, and 5 plywood), combined with Yasaka Anti-Power, and Friendship 563 middle pips. It's near Halloween, so I decided I might try a little "Dr. Frankenstein" on experimenting with a new setup. :lol:

PostPosted: 18 Oct 2015, 14:39 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

pushsmasher wrote:
I was thinking about a 729 8041 (2 cardbon, and 5 plywood), combined with Yasaka Anti-Power, and Friendship 563 middle pips. It's near Halloween, so I decided I might try a little "Dr. Frankenstein" on experimenting with a new setup. :lol:

If you were used to a Sardius, then that blade might not be a bad option. That AntiPower is quite good for hitting. THe 563 is a little harder for hitting, the 802 would be easier (although not as evil :lol: ).

PostPosted: 18 Oct 2015, 15:08 

haggisv wrote:
pushsmasher wrote:

If you were used to a Sardius, then that blade might not be a bad option. That AntiPower is quite good for hitting. THe 563 is a little harder for hitting, the 802 would be easier (although not as evil :lol: ).

Thanks Haggisv for all your input. I actually have the entire setup, so I won't have to buy anything to try it out. Can you tell me what effect the 503 will have on the ball? I'm going to try it out on my table at home tomorrow. Excited to see what happens.