OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 20:23

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 274 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
PostPosted: 17 Oct 2016, 21:10 
Holey Woods
Holey Woods

Blade: Joo Se Hyuk
FH: Xiom Omega VII Euro
BH: Dornenglanz ox
Nice Iceman! Well done!

PostPosted: 17 Oct 2016, 22:21 

Blade: Nittaku Goriki SD
FH: Donic Baracuda Max
BH: Tibhar Grass D.TecS OX
111Iceman111 wrote:
no vids ;(

i was playing with carbonado 190 but it was too fast for me because at time i had 0.6mm transformer...

destroyer is really good in combination with transformer...not to fast, not to slow, ball going on the table like they should :)

:D
lol
Carbonado with 0.6mm it's like nitroglycerin.. control impossible.. :rofl:

The Ultimate Light Saber
Blade Nittaku Goriki SuperDrive FH Donic Baracuda Max BH Tibhar Grass D.TecS OX + Toni Hold Dumpening Sponge 0.5 mm
Blade Nittaku Goriki SuperDrive FH Donic Baracuda Max BH der-Materialspezialist Megablock 1.5mm
Blade Nittaku Goriki FH Donic Baracuda Max BH Tibhar Grass D.TecS OX + Toni Hold Dumpening Sponge 0.5 mm
Blade Nittaku Violoncello FH Donic Baracuda Max BH Der-Materialspezialist Elimination Extralong OX
Blade Nittaku Violoncello FH Donic Baracuda Max BH der-Materialspezialist Megablock 2.0mm

PostPosted: 18 Oct 2016, 01:04 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: GRUBBA
FH: RAYSTORM
BH: BEST ANTI
111Iceman111 wrote:
destroyer is really good in combination with transformer...not to fast, not to slow, ball going on the table like they should :)

I think it makes perfect sense to use what blade AA and Luka uses.
So you are sticking with 1.5 now..
Are you happy with your f/h on the new blade.

skilless_slapper wrote:
Damn, she was breaking that ass down! :rofl:

PostPosted: 18 Oct 2016, 04:02 
Super User

Blade: DMS Revolution
FH: XIOM Vega China max
BH: DrN ABS fAnti max
i am now since i switched to xiom vega china...it is more tacky, so better rotation and spin variatiaon on the serves so my anti have something to work with...

i can serve short underspin serve for the 1st time in my life and all i needed was a chinese rubber :rock:

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn my inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

PostPosted: 18 Oct 2016, 12:58 

111Iceman111 wrote:
i am now since i switched to xiom vega china...it is more tacky, so better rotation and spin variatiaon on the serves so my anti have something to work with...

i can serve short underspin serve for the 1st time in my life and all i needed was a chinese rubber :rock:

Same idea here for tacky rubber.. but i'll try economic china rubber.. will be a bet.. Tree days ago i just order Sanwei T-88 II.. only 9 €.. :rofl:

The Ultimate Light Saber
Blade Nittaku Goriki SuperDrive FH Donic Baracuda Max BH Tibhar Grass D.TecS OX + Toni Hold Dumpening Sponge 0.5 mm
Blade Nittaku Goriki SuperDrive FH Donic Baracuda Max BH der-Materialspezialist Megablock 1.5mm
Blade Nittaku Goriki FH Donic Baracuda Max BH Tibhar Grass D.TecS OX + Toni Hold Dumpening Sponge 0.5 mm
Blade Nittaku Violoncello FH Donic Baracuda Max BH Der-Materialspezialist Elimination Extralong OX
Blade Nittaku Violoncello FH Donic Baracuda Max BH der-Materialspezialist Megablock 2.0mm

PostPosted: 19 Oct 2016, 00:05 

FH: RITC 802-1 OX
BH: Spinlab Vortex 0.5mm
Incredible skills. Anyone know what sponge thickness he is using?

111Iceman111 wrote:
v02man wrote:
I found another Transformer video, hope it's not been posted: -

the guy is phenomenal on all offensive shots...he need to work harder on blocks though :up:

PostPosted: 22 Oct 2016, 06:21 

Blade: Bty Timo Boll ALC
FH: Yasaka Rakza Po max
BH: DMS Storkraft 1.2
Unfortunately, after couple of months spin reverse on my Transformer 1.0 is reduced, drastically. I dont have DMS cleaner, but my rubber looks clean because i clean it with soft kleenex very often. With celluloid balls my backhand was adventage with Beast (i played with one sheet 2 years). But now with plastic balls, backhand with Transformer became weakness, and my opponent force my backhand, because they can easily attack (better players which are trained) or i make a mistake because it is not easy to catch speed balls with glantis. I hope that Mega Block will solve this problem with spin reverse and durability, or i will try ox long pips, for example, Dornenglanz, Grass d-tech or Piranja (or something else) first time in my life.

Is there someone which share my opinion???

PostPosted: 22 Oct 2016, 16:30 

I don't know if DMS TRANSFORMER after 2 months reduced drastically his reversal property, coz i clean with special DMS cleaner and, at the moment, i don't see what you say.
But you aren't the first who say about this problem, other players said what you say.. isn't a good thing, becoause DMS Rubbers are very expensive..

The Ultimate Light Saber

PostPosted: 22 Oct 2016, 18:00 
LP Collector
LP Collector

Blade: Yaska Sweden Classic
FH: 802 OX
BH: DHS C8 OX
mataxxl wrote:
I hope that Mega Block will solve this problem with spin reverse and durability, or i will try ox long pips, for example, Dornenglanz, Grass d-tech or Piranja (or something else) first time in my life.

Is there someone which share my opinion???

I have no experience of anti-spin, but I can understand your frustration if your game depends on the effect of your rubber, and you've seen that effect diminish with the introduction of the plastic ball, and with the ageing of your rubber.

What I'm coming to realise is that table tennis is a constant arms race. You develop a weapon in your arsenal - whether it be a new serve, a tactic, or improved technique, or perhaps a different blade or rubber, but then the world adapts. Players improve, they get used to your new weapons, or they train specifically against it, or they change their equipment, or the ball of rules, or humidity, or light changes, and suddenly your advantage had been neutralised. That's when you need to adapt to keep yourself ahead.

Obviously there are multiple ways to do that - training a new skill, working on a particular area of your game, watching your opponents and coming up with a strategy, working on your fitness, and, of course, changing your equipment.

In your specific case, perhaps you should get s new sheet and invest in some of the DMS cleaner? A few people seem to be enjoying good results in maintaining its slickness this way.

Of course, a move to LP could be interesting, but you won't be immune to the same cycle. Your rubber will lose its effectiveness, your opponents will adapt, and, of course, LP play is quite different from slick anti play, so you'll have a dip on performance to deal with.

One thing I will say about basing your game on reversal is that this is a limiting tactic. Better players will anticipate and be able to use this against you. This means that far more important that the amount of reversal is your control and placement. You can certainly play to a very high level with a reversal-based game, but above a certain level you can't rely on the rubber effect - you absolutely have to be able to think and place the ball in the most difficult place.

Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: 22 Oct 2016, 19:42 

Thank you guys, i completely agree with you. I am encouraged. I talked about my problems against very very good players, which are fit, trained, experienced and play against me very often. Definitely i will order new Mega Block and DMS cleaner and maybe one of DMS blade. My blade Yasaka Balsa is the best of 10 which i try in disrupting, because it is slow and balls is slow and drop short . But i have never tried DMS blades. I believe that slightly faster DMS blade will speed up the game and work better with glanti. Definitely, player with slick anti has three choice if wants to beet the best players in his region:
1) Get out and play forehand in the backhand side, take the initiative, and dont allow opponent to wait a chance to attack hard. This needs good foot work and agility. (the worse choice)

2) twiddle and attack some balls form backhand with forehand rubber (Luka style)
In the other words, do not allow the opponent to get used to the material. Sometimes push with glanti with forehand to confuse.

3)Improve attacking with slick anti especially against chops and pushes. And as the culmination, attacking no spin balls and aggressive press loops (which is the hardest stroke). (AA style)

PostPosted: 22 Oct 2016, 19:59 
LP Collector
LP Collector

Blade: Yaska Sweden Classic
FH: 802 OX
BH: DHS C8 OX
You're describing the same issues an LP player has, and the same tactics. A mixture of each is needed. From my experience:

Playing an aggressive FH from the BH is risky unless your control and placement is excellent. Rarely is it, and you leave yourself wide open to a quick block to the FH, and you lost the point. To do this you need excellent footwork and control.

Twiddling to attack is viable, but difficult. It's error-prone, and you're giving yourself extra shots to learn, and reducing (by necessity) the amount of time you get to practice your bread-and-butter BH shots. It's hard enough to play excellent attacking BH shots with 2 x inverted; add in the change in feel from anti/LP to inverted, and the timing and grip precision needed to twiddle, and you just made your task harder.

Attacking with anti/LP is a great option. I've been working on this in my own game, and while this is a very new technique for me, in practice games I've had great success with it.

The final option (which you didn't mention) is just to be patient. Place the ball well, be consistent and reliable, and base your game on the principle that if your opponent plays into your backhand, that's great for you - you can play all day that way. Your opponent will make a mistake or get impatient first, and you pounce. Don't forget the defender in modern defender.

PostPosted: 22 Oct 2016, 21:06 

Again, one point of view for durability:
When I overspread (touch) the my Transformer with one ball, i can see and hear differences between edges where rubber is as new, and middle of the rubber where we actually hit the ball. Sound and slickness in the edges reminds me of new Transformer sheet(specific feel and sound...i can remember). In the middle, ball different slides and sound is more thud, similar as with my old Beast sheet. I suppose that surface layer(glaze) is disappeared which made Transformer the slickness glanti.

Maybe i became crazy ..... :headbang: :party:

PostPosted: 24 Oct 2016, 01:41 

Today, i play league match against one offensive player, which is one of the best player in my region and in top 30 players in Serbia, constantly. In this season he plays 2 rank below, because of money and better salary. I lose 3-0 (11-9,13-11,11-8) which is expected, but to the surprise of all, it was a tight match. Moreover, i had a set point. :rofl: He is far better than me in all aspects, has huge experience but he said that he has never seen the disturbing effect and spin reverse like Transformer had. Ke made a lot of mistakes and became little nervous. Big compliment for Guido Heun and DMS. :clap: :clap: :clap:
Unfortunately, i didnt make any video.

Previously, in lack of DMS pro anti cleaner, i clean Transformer with small amount of glass cleaner on soft cloth. Spin reverse is better, now. But i scare to destroy rubber with glass cleaner.

PostPosted: 02 Nov 2016, 10:08 
Super User

FH: XIOM Vega China max
BH: DrN ABS fAnti max
found this video on Carlos Arcila channel...

Luka Bakic...he must be playing with Transformer and then Carlos saw it and started to play with it (thats my theory :lol: )

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn my inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

PostPosted: 04 Nov 2016, 07:05 
Super User

Blade: SOULSPIN DEFENSE
FH: Spinny stuff
BH: Spongeless reviled stuff
What sort of blade do you guys recommend for the transformer anti? I've been using the garaydia zlc, but I'm not sure if this will be too fast once I scale up the ranks a bit. I had a chance to play with a few 2000ish rated players, and noticed a good number of my blocks going off the end of the table. I know this is partly due to their different technique from the usual crop I face. Although, is it just a technique/adjustment problem, or would a slower blade be wiser to use? And any recommendations?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 274 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!