OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
Live Table Tennis Videos Table Tennis News Live OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 30 Apr 2017, 03:08

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 246 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
PostPosted: 04 Nov 2016, 07:27 

Blade: MSP Wizard
FH: Waran 2.0
BH: Neubauer ABS 1.0
Depends on sponge thickness and your technique. Are you a soft blocker or a hard blocker?

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 04 Nov 2016, 07:34 

conradyoung wrote:
Depends on sponge thickness and your technique. Are you a soft blocker or a hard blocker?

Using 1.5 sponge. Hard blocking doesn't seem to work too well for me with the anti rubber. So mainly I go for soft blocks with reversal, to draw them close to the table. I also attack most every back spin ball that comes to my anti side. I play anti on the forehand and inverted on the backhand (that I use most of the time), using really spinny loops that are more brush than drive 90% of the time. Although since switching to anti, I've been using that side of the paddle much more often.

I do like the hard blocking style, but with grippy invert it just didn't seem to be posing enough problems for the opponents. With transformer, the balls are much slower obviously.

PostPosted: 04 Nov 2016, 07:37 

Blade: MSP Wizard
FH: Waran 2.0
BH: Neubauer ABS 1.0
Some of us have been happy with the der-materialspezialist Destroyer blade.

PostPosted: 04 Nov 2016, 07:42 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Blade: DMS Revolution
FH: DHS Hurricane 3 NEO
BH: DMS Mega Block 1.5
skilless_slapper wrote:
conradyoung wrote:

Using 1.5 sponge. Hard blocking doesn't seem to work too well for me with the anti rubber. So mainly I go for soft blocks with reversal, to draw them close to the table. I also attack most every back spin ball that comes to my anti side. I play anti on the forehand and inverted on the backhand (that I use most of the time), using really spinny loops that are more brush than drive 90% of the time. Although since switching to anti, I've been using that side of the paddle much more often.

I do like the hard blocking style, but with grippy invert it just didn't seem to be posing enough problems for the opponents. With transformer, the balls are much slower obviously.

I use Stiga Carbonado 190 with 1.5 mm Transformer. No problems blocking short or blocking hard loops. Also works with 1.0 mm. Great blade with low throw and big sweet spot. Fast, but not the fastest and with lots of feeling. Many top Swedish player uses this blade (or its sister Carbonado 145). This is by far the best blade I have had. Also very good for blocking ( also with inverted). I used Destroyer before, good and a little more spin reversal but nor as good for looping and a much smaller sweet spot.

PostPosted: 27 Feb 2017, 20:34 
Super User

What would the difference between 1.5 sponge and 0.6 sponge be?

PostPosted: 27 Feb 2017, 21:27 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Blade: DMS Revolution
FH: DHS Hurricane 3 NEO
BH: DMS Mega Block 1.5
ridderz65 wrote:
What would the difference between 1.5 sponge and 0.6 sponge be?

It is a big difference in speed (thick is much slower) and in how easy it is to handle. The thick is better in most aspects unless you have a very slow blade. If you are new to frictionless anti I think it os better to start with 1,5 mm.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 246 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17