OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 14:49

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 274 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 19  Next
PostPosted: 22 Dec 2015, 21:55 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Blade: Matador
FH: Tibhar K1 Euro
BH: SuperGlanti
This new and very slow and slick anti will soon be released. Here is the first film, and I have to say it looks very promising.

Here is more about it info from another thread (viewtopic.php?f=17&p=306175#p306175):

darkdave59 wrote:
Hi I contacted guido about this.
Id like to see the reversal/control ratio on a Vid.

Hi David,

TRANSFORMER is very slow frictionless ANTI SPIN rubber with a new absorption sponge made in germany.
MASTER -ANTI is a classic ANTI spin rubber also with a new absoption sponge.

Both will come early of next year.
Best regards Guido

Am 2015-11-24 17:03, schrieb david thuilliez:
> Hello Guido,
>
> Ive seen some new antis annoncement on the website.
> Is there any date of release already ? What kind are they ?
> For what type of players ?
>
> Regards,

I am really looking forward to test this one.

AA, can you give us some more info about it? How is it comapred to BAD? How is the top shet, like BAD or more like BEAST or something new? THe sponge, what thickness were you using in the film? Did you use it on your ordinary Terror-blade? How long have you been using it?

Last edited by Def-attack on 03 Jan 2016, 22:51, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: 22 Dec 2015, 21:57 
Super User

Blade: DMS Revolution
FH: XIOM Vega China max
BH: DrN ABS fAnti max
yes AA, we DEMAND info and fast! :lol:

just kidding, pls write something:)

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn my inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

PostPosted: 22 Dec 2015, 21:58 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

And now I just realized AA has changed his signaure to Transformer 1.0, so there was the answer for at least one question :-)

And now I read closer in the facebook-post that presented the video:
"der-materialspezialist TRANSFORMER ANTI with 0,7mm sponge on DESTROYER and 2-FACES blade"

Last edited by Def-attack on 22 Dec 2015, 22:12, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 22 Dec 2015, 22:12 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

Blade: WRM Gokushu2
FH: S&T Secret Flow 1mm
BH: S&T Monkey ox
Look great. If it was available right now, I'd buy it!

The MNNB Blog has had some pretty amazing stuff lately. Just click this text to check it out.
| My OOAK Interview
Table Tennis Video Links: itTV | laola1.tv | ttbl | fftt | Challenger Series | mnnb-tv

My whole set-up costs less than a sheet of Butterfly Dignics

PostPosted: 22 Dec 2015, 22:14 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

mynamenotbob wrote:
Look great. If it was available right now, I'd buy it!

I guess we do not have to wait more than a few weeks before we can order it...

PostPosted: 22 Dec 2015, 22:18 
Super User

Blade: Barna Original Triumph
FH: Yasaka Rakza PO max.
BH: DMS Störkraft 0.8
111Iceman111 wrote:

haha rightfully so! :rofl:

so what should i say..the topsheet is harder than bad/beast, which explains why there is more reversal. the angle dependency (= getting the angle right) is reduced...due to the new silver/grey sponge, the rubber is slow...slower than beast/buffalo. so transformer offers great control. the thickness of the sponge makes a significant difference, so if you want a very slow experience, go for 1.5, the thicker the sponge, the shorter the blocks....thinner sponge = more reversal (like with all slick antis).

the pimples of the rubber are very long, so the trajectory is very low, even lower than bad. this isnt clear in the video, as in the video i am using transformer in 1.0 and with destroyer, this blade makes a higher throw than terror for e.g if you are going for reversal, transformer and destroyer is your way, if for a great control then terror (trajectory is really low in this combination)...both set ups offer great reversal and control, its just a question what you want to have even more prominent.

i have been playing it successfully throughout nearly the entire season of the 2.cnd national league and must say its really amazing and guido did a great job :up: :up:

PostPosted: 22 Dec 2015, 22:26 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

AA wrote:
111Iceman111 wrote:

haha rightfully so! :rofl:

so what should i say..the topsheet is harder than bad/beast, which explains why there is more reversal. the angle dependency (= getting the angle right) is reduced...due to the new silver/grey sponge, the rubber is slow...slower than beast/buffalo. so transformer offers great control. the thickness of the sponge makes a significant difference, so if you want a very slow experience, go for 1.5, the thicker the sponge, the shorter the blocks....thinner sponge = more reversal (like with all slick antis).

the pimples of the rubber are very long, so the trajectory is very low, even lower than bad. this isnt clear in the video, as in the video i am using transformer in 1.0 and with destroyer, this blade makes a higher throw than terror for e.g if you are going for reversal, transformer and destroyer is your way, if for a great control then terror (trajectory is really low in this combination)...both set ups offer great reversal and control, its just a question what you want to have even more prominent.

i have been playing it throughout nearly the entire season and must say its really amazing and guido did a great job :up: :up:

Great! In the video it looked like a higher throw compared to your other videos, but the blade change explains that. Will you keep Destroyer? How does it affect your FH? Interesting that agle dependency is reduced even more...

The hard top sheet will most likely make it worse for chopping (BAD is actually not at all bad in that aspect), but that should not bother me much.

Is the sponge soft or hard/dead? Is the rubber light or heavy?

I can add that Destroyer is mych better if you loop a lot with FH, while Terror has, like AA said, very low trajectory. And that affects FH blocks as well, amking them very leathal. To me Destroyer is better since I felt Terror was a little to bendy on counter FH from distance.
I will buy a 1,5 mm Transformer as soon as it is available 8) 8) 8) .

PostPosted: 22 Dec 2015, 23:06 
Super User

tnx for a quick response AA :up:

you are only mentioning 2 blades, Terror and Destroyer...what about that 2- FACES blade mentioned in the video? is it best from both worlds? how is it behaving in compare to this two?

i see i will again have problems choosing right thickness of the rubber...when i was buying Beast, i went with 1.2mm sponge as opposed 1.5mm to get better reversal, but the problem with it was that with thinner sponge, it often bottomed out on hard shots and i couldn't returned them, they just slid from the blade...

how do you find this new anti behave on returning hard fast balls? if i want to beat the opponents that have a very good 3rd ball attack with a hard fast spin, do i even need to look at anything thinner than 1.5mm? and need a slow blade for it too?

pls help, this enigma is killing me until i resolve it successfully... :headbang:

P.S. does anyone want to buy used (2 hours) Beast 1.2mm red? :lol:

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn my inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

PostPosted: 22 Dec 2015, 23:12 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

111Iceman111 wrote:
tnx for a quick response AA :up:

you are only mentioning 2 blades, Terror and Destroyer...what about that 2- FACES blade mentioned in the video? is it best from both worlds? how is it behaving in compare to this two?

i see i will again have problems choosing right thickness of the rubber...when i was buying Beast, i went with 1.2mm sponge as opposed 1.5mm to get better reversal, but the problem with it was that with thinner sponge, it often bottomed out on hard shots and i couldn't returned them, they just slid from the blade...

how do you find this new anti behave on returning hard fast balls? if i want to beat the opponents that have a very good 3rd ball attack with a hard fast spin, do i even need to look at anything thinner than 1.5mm? and need a slow blade for it too?

pls help, this enigma is killing me until i resolve it successfully... :headbang:

P.S. does anyone want to buy used (2 hours) Beast 1.2mm red? :lol:

viewtopic.php?f=43&t=27533

I have a slightly used Terror to sell :) . Very good for blocking.

PostPosted: 23 Dec 2015, 00:14 
Super User

Blade: Barna Original Triumph
FH: Yasaka Rakza PO max.
BH: DMS Störkraft 0.8
the sponge is rather soft, it feels very unique.

it feels rather light, dont have a bad around for direct comparison.

111Iceman111 wrote:

the 2face is a combination wood meaning it has a faster forehand side and the slow backhand side. its super slow. the trajectory is higher than terror/destroyer and it offers less reversal. but it enables super short blocks as seen in the video. it is also to demonstrate, that the rubbers blocks become shorter on a slower blade.

well..for my taste 1.0 is enough to block super hard loops, as seen in the video. however as most people here a hobby players and invest less time in training, 1.5 might be a better place to start...i think this issue can only be adressed individually. i would recommend starting with terror and possibly advance to destroyer with time once you find that you have the grip on things.

PostPosted: 23 Dec 2015, 00:31 
Super User

tnx for replaying,

so Terror it is, i trust your judgement...Def-attack, pack the baby:)

so, the sponge thickness on Terror, 1.5mm will not be to slow? i dont have problem with slow, if i am not losing lot of spin reversal...

PostPosted: 25 Dec 2015, 08:14 
Holey Woods
Holey Woods

Blade: Joo Se Hyuk
FH: Xiom Omega VII Euro
BH: Dornenglanz ox
Looks pretty good, reversal seems very high and it looks like it's very slow.

PostPosted: 25 Dec 2015, 10:06 
Super User

:P :P :P Looks very promising

PostPosted: 07 Jan 2016, 02:03 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Here is a picture with (to the left) a red BEAST mounted on a Stiga Clipper (with its characteristic red plies of wood), and in the middle Transformer (black sponge) and to the right a BAD (white sponge) on a Destroyer. All sponges are in 1.5 mm. Transformer had an extremely thin top sheet with very long pips. Otherwise it feels a lot like BAD.

Last edited by Def-attack on 13 Jan 2016, 01:38, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 07 Jan 2016, 03:30 
Super User

Def-attack wrote:
Here is a picture with (to the right) a red BEAST mounted on a Stiga Clipper (with its characteristic red plies of wood), and in the middle Transformer (black sponge) and to the right a BAD (white sponge) on a Destroyer. All sponges are in 1.5 mm. Transformer had an extremely thin top sheet with very long pips. Otherwise it feels a lot like BAD.

The Beast is thinner and can't be 1,5mm as the two others. Thanks for the picture!

Blade: Dotec Ovtcharov All +

FH: Friendship 802-40 2mm
BH: DMS Transformer 1mm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 274 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 19  Next