OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 30 Mar 2024, 07:23

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 274 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
PostPosted: 15 Oct 2016, 21:27 

Blade: Nittaku Goriki SD
FH: Donic Baracuda Max
BH: Tibhar Grass D.TecS OX
Quote:
The more I use it now, the more I am loving it! All that reversal! The problem of attacking top spin is still there, but as infrequently as I do smashes and loops on the forehand, I've been finding twiddling the odd ball here and there to be quite effective.

I enjoy baiting the "loop happy" players by giving them low pushes that they really try to spin up, and the anti blocks after that are much more deadly, being very short and filled with back spin. When dealing with more floaty or spinless balls using transformer, I've been doing a sort of ramming motion with the open blade. Kind of like a mini-smash angled off to one side. If I hit too hard, then the ball floats long.

After watching AA play more, I think the better option was to go for a finish with the attacking side when receiving any of those weak balls from the opponent. Being too passive with transformer on those just seems to set me up to be killed myself! The other thing I do is a fake cutting/slicing motion or side swiping when returning those with the anti. So they think there will be spin on the ball, but of course after a few they realize there won't be any. So again I twiddle now and then doing the same motion to confuse them. No spin or spinny? Not very often, but I introduce it enough to keep them guessing. I've got a tournament at the end of the month so we'll see how I do there! :devil:

I'm agree with you.. need to be very active.. no wait.. but pushing every balls.. my percentage of successful for now isn't good (now i push with success only 60%) but i work hard.. day by day.. and yesterday for first time i tried a new movement.. like a slap with blade open.. it works for me and ball floating but run fast over the table.. not easy.. i use my amicus robot for long run session of same movement like a tune up a radio.. little correction.. angle.. power.. body position..
Sorry for my english..

The Ultimate Light Saber
Blade Nittaku Goriki SuperDrive FH Donic Baracuda Max BH Tibhar Grass D.TecS OX + Toni Hold Dumpening Sponge 0.5 mm
Blade Nittaku Goriki SuperDrive FH Donic Baracuda Max BH der-Materialspezialist Megablock 1.5mm
Blade Nittaku Goriki FH Donic Baracuda Max BH Tibhar Grass D.TecS OX + Toni Hold Dumpening Sponge 0.5 mm
Blade Nittaku Violoncello FH Donic Baracuda Max BH Der-Materialspezialist Elimination Extralong OX
Blade Nittaku Violoncello FH Donic Baracuda Max BH der-Materialspezialist Megablock 2.0mm

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 16 Oct 2016, 05:59 
Super User

Blade: DMS Revolution
FH: XIOM Vega China max
BH: DrN ABS fAnti max
so,

by a popular demand, since my transformer 1.5mm just arrived and i had to remove my 1.0mm from the blade, here is a video for all that are wondering how to do that without damaging the rubber...

for all that are in awe why you must do it like this, transformer surface is like a plastic, not flexible at all, and if you bend it together with a sponge while attempting to remove it from the blade, it will leave a mark and bumps and the rubber will lose its spin reversal properties...

btw, 1.0mm is for sale if anyone wants :up:

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn my inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

PostPosted: 16 Oct 2016, 06:04 

:D
i removed my 1.5mm just 1 months ago.. with a 0.6mm..

very hard to remove that rubber but good job.. just only a bit damage.. but totally irrelevant..

The Ultimate Light Saber
Blade Nittaku Goriki SuperDrive FH Donic Baracuda Max BH Tibhar Grass D.TecS OX + Toni Hold Dumpening Sponge 0.5 mm
Blade Nittaku Goriki SuperDrive FH Donic Baracuda Max BH der-Materialspezialist Megablock 1.5mm
Blade Nittaku Goriki FH Donic Baracuda Max BH Tibhar Grass D.TecS OX + Toni Hold Dumpening Sponge 0.5 mm
Blade Nittaku Violoncello FH Donic Baracuda Max BH Der-Materialspezialist Elimination Extralong OX
Blade Nittaku Violoncello FH Donic Baracuda Max BH der-Materialspezialist Megablock 2.0mm

PostPosted: 16 Oct 2016, 06:07 

Blade: TSP Balsa 5.5 All+
FH: Nittaku Beautry 1.8mm
BH: S&T Hellfire ox
Very nice Iceman, how long would you say it took?

Setup3: Blade: DMS Destroyer FH: Tenergy 05 max BH: DMS Transformer 1.5

PostPosted: 16 Oct 2016, 06:11 

Looks like it was 6mins 58sec on the non time-lapsed video.

Thanks

PostPosted: 16 Oct 2016, 06:18 

@111Iceman111
Why you r eplace your 1.0mm with a 1.5mm?
Control?
Too fast?
More reversal effect?
or what?

The Ultimate Light Saber

PostPosted: 16 Oct 2016, 12:21 
Super User

Blade: SOULSPIN DEFENSE
FH: Spinny stuff
BH: Spongeless reviled stuff
That's the real pain about transformer! Can't really swap out or test on different blades. Iceman did a good job removing his -- I wonder how it is when reglued to a different blade? I've already RUINED 2 new sheets trying to swap them out... :@

I know the glue sheet would still be stuck on there. For my own, I used a thin layer of rubber cement on the blade first. And the sponge does not want to be removed after that! I get chunks of it left behind still glued to the wood... I had to about rub my thumb raw trying to remove the last bits!

PostPosted: 16 Oct 2016, 13:19 
Do you feel lucky (young) punk?
Do you feel lucky (young) punk?

Blade: Juic Hinoki One Ply
FH: Tibhar 5Q
BH: Scandal
Don't use your thumb. Keep some old rubbers or just the trimmings and use that like sandpaper. it leaves the wood Smooth and removes glue and sponge easy. :)

PostPosted: 16 Oct 2016, 18:19 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Blade: Matador
FH: Tibhar K1 Euro
BH: SuperGlanti
skilless_slapper wrote:
That's the real pain about transformer! Can't really swap out or test on different blades. Iceman did a good job removing his -- I wonder how it is when reglued to a different blade? I've already RUINED 2 new sheets trying to swap them out... :@

I know the glue sheet would still be stuck on there. For my own, I used a thin layer of rubber cement on the blade first. And the sponge does not want to be removed after that! I get chunks of it left behind still glued to the wood... I had to about rub my thumb raw trying to remove the last bits!

It helps alot if your blade i sealed. Then removing Transformer that is gluead with "not very much" glue is no problem. I don't use glue sheet and I use Donic water based glue.

PostPosted: 17 Oct 2016, 02:10 
Super User

Ragnolo wrote:
@111Iceman111
Control?
Too fast?
More reversal effect?
or what?

I switched blades and the one I am playing now, destroyer, is a little bit too fast for a 1.0 with my technique (AA is playing with it without any problem). I could not block hard fast balls... The ball would penetrate the rubber and bounced of the blade too hard...

I won a tournament today with 1.5mm so I would say it is better now :-)

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn my inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

PostPosted: 17 Oct 2016, 02:15 
Super User

skilless_slapper wrote:
I wonder how it is when reglued to a different blade?

It's totally fine... If the glue sheet is not damaged you just glue it to the blade with some glue, and if it is, than you remove it and put another...

PostPosted: 17 Oct 2016, 02:30 

Well done Iceman.

PostPosted: 17 Oct 2016, 19:16 

Quote:

Great mate!!! :clap:

The Ultimate Light Saber

PostPosted: 17 Oct 2016, 20:20 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: GRUBBA
FH: RAYSTORM
BH: BEST ANTI
111Iceman111 wrote:
Ragnolo wrote:
@111Iceman111
Control?
Too fast?
More reversal effect?
or what?

I switched blades and the one I am playing now, destroyer, is a little bit too fast for a 1.0 with my technique (AA is playing with it without any problem). I could not block hard fast balls... The ball would penetrate the rubber and bounced of the blade too hard...

Well done mate.Do you have any vids.
What was your blade before please and are you now sticking with the destroyer.

ive noticed that luka also uses(unless hes changed)
Luka Mladenovic, Luxemburg
Style: shakehander, inv/frictionless anti, close to the table blocker/attacker
Blade: der-materialspezialist Destroyer
BH: der-materialspezialist Transformer 1,5 mm

skilless_slapper wrote:
Damn, she was breaking that ass down! :rofl:

PostPosted: 17 Oct 2016, 20:56 
Super User

no vids ;(

i was playing with carbonado 190 but it was too fast for me because at time i had 0.6mm transformer...

destroyer is really good in combination with transformer...not to fast, not to slow, ball going on the table like they should :)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 274 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next