OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 18:09

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject: Dr. Neubauer Bison
PostPosted: 09 Jun 2016, 20:49 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Blade: Matador
FH: Tibhar K1 Euro
BH: SuperGlanti
This new frictionless anti sound promising, and perhaps it is very similar to der materialspezialist Transformer? Has anyone tried it?

"We have managed to further enhance the effectiveness of Anti-Spin rubbers while blocking close to the table with our new Anti-Spin rubber BISON.
In that regard the rubber is just as effective as the old frictionless long pimples since excellent spin reversal can be achieved especially while blocking against topspin shots with a lot of rotation.
Its very low speed also brings back memories from the good old times: BISON sets a new standard in the field of completely frictionless Anti-Spin rubbers on account of its ability to return the ball very short over the net.
BISON can be used both on classic "combination" blades as well as on fast and stiff offensive blades thanks to the absorption power of its dampening sponge that will literally "kill" the speed of the oncoming ball. Even so-called "power loops" (high speed, little spin) can be returned without difficulty.
All in all BISON is easy to handle and provides both great control and maximum spin reversal even on fast blades."

Sponge: 1.2 + 1.5 + 1.8mm
Speed: 60 (Buffalo has 65)
Disruptive effect: 105 (Buffalo has 100)
Control: 82 (Buffalo has 83)

http://www.drneubauer.com/shop.php?cat= ... g=&prod=95
http://www.japsko.se/en/antispin/600-dr ... bison.html

Post subject: Re: Dr. Neubauer Bison
PostPosted: 11 Jun 2016, 00:28 
Super User

Blade: DMS Revolution
FH: XIOM Vega China max
BH: DrN ABS fAnti max
looking forward to some reviews and videos... :up:

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn my inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

PostPosted: 11 Jun 2016, 01:22 
Super User

so, couldnt help it, found some info on tt.de site...

here is a google translate of a page : http://translate.google.com/translate?l ... %3D2742612

and original, if anyone care to offer better translation : http://forum.tt-news.de/showthread.php?p=2742612

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn my inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

PostPosted: 12 Jun 2016, 17:03 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

111Iceman111 wrote:

here is a google translate of a page : http://translate.google.com/translate?l ... %3D2742612

and original, if anyone care to offer better translation : http://forum.tt-news.de/showthread.php?p=2742612

Great!
It looks like it was Maik Schönknecht who wrote that short review. Is there anyone here better at German than Google Translate?

Maik is a very good player:

http://youtu.be/cqy3LIQ23mw
http://youtu.be/W3ZrFwitOwA

PostPosted: 12 Jun 2016, 21:35 
Super User

he is so nervous though :lol:

PostPosted: 14 Jun 2016, 01:55 
Super User

Blade: OSP Ultimate
FH: DrN Dominance Spin Hard
BH: DrN Troublemaker 0.5
Def-attack wrote:
111Iceman111 wrote:

Great!
It looks like it was Maik Schönknecht who wrote that short review. Is there anyone here better at German than Google Translate?

Maik is a very good player:

http://youtu.be/cqy3LIQ23mw
http://youtu.be/W3ZrFwitOwA

Hey Def-attack, I know Maik from the German forums and there are some discussion on the Bison going on at the noppentest.de forum; Maik essentially reposted his test report from noppentest at the tt-news forum. I can help with the German translation. Maik is essentially saying that the Bison plays a little bit more "dynamic" than the Buffalo; it is faster when you attack with it. He says that the aggressive push against underspin was particularly effective as the balls came fast and with a very low bounce. On blocks the Bison allowed him to play the Balls shorter than with Buffalo with slightly more reversal. He also said that on short drop shots he made less mistakes as with the Buffalo some of his shots would end up in the net.
Please let me know if you have further questions on the translation.

I actually received my Bison in 1.8mm and hope to be able to test sometime this week. The surface seems slightly slicker than Buffalo (out of the package) and the pips are noticeably longer which might explain the more "dynamic" behavior Maik described.

PostPosted: 14 Jun 2016, 02:08 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Thanks Matt! Then I had understood most of the Google translation correct :)

I am mostly curious how Bison plays in comparison to Transformer or BAD since I haven't tried Buffalo. I am very eager to hear what you have to say abour Bison.

PostPosted: 14 Jun 2016, 02:15 
Super User

Def-attack wrote:
I am mostly curious how Bison plays in comparison to Transformer or BAD since I haven't tried Buffalo. I am very eager to hear what you have to say abour Bison.

I will post as soon as I get a chance to try it though I won't be able to compare to Transformer or BAD since I never tested those. I believe that most people on the noppentest.de forum who tested the Bison actually came from Buffalo as well though I do remember one comment that it is slower than BAD.

PostPosted: 14 Jun 2016, 08:32 
Super User

Blade: Victas Matsushita
FH: Joola Dynaryz ZGR
BH: Tibhar Grass DTecS
Hi Matt,

Please hurry up and test Bison. I need your feedback urgently as I am thinking of ordering it from the Neubauer shop. I like the sound of their new rubber Domination Speed 2 and was even thinking of going for the enhanced version of their World Champion blade. I am so bored with long pips at the moment and even thinking of retiring from the sport. I need impetus!

Bulldog :devil:

PostPosted: 14 Jun 2016, 08:38 
Super User

Hi Matt,

I see you are now using the Matador blade which was my first choice. How is it going for you?

Bulldog

PostPosted: 15 Jun 2016, 02:39 
Super User

Bulldog, you are putting a lot of pressure on me now. ;) I will report as soon as I had a chance to hit a few balls with the Bison though I have been working on my forehand mostly lately.
Yes indeed, I switched to the Matador blade a few weeks ago and I do like it a lot in particular for its looping with great control, consistency and spin. I have much better feel and spin than with some of the carbon blades I have been using before. Even though the Matador has harder outer plies (looks like Walnut) it doesn't feel as hard overall as some of the carbon blades I played. It is not a speed monster (I would say OFF), but you can perform slow loops and fast loop equally good. Control with anti is very good too and reversal is pretty decent (harder outer plies!) but not quite as good as with the Hercules blade which is much harder and stiffer.

PostPosted: 15 Jun 2016, 07:58 
Super User

Cheers Matt. I will give Matador a try.

Bulldog :)

PostPosted: 16 Jun 2016, 08:16 
Super User

Hi Guys,

Ordered Bison from the Neubauer shop. Red 1.2 on a Matador blade. Domination Speed2 2.1 in black for the forehand. I decided on 1.2 for maximum spin reversal.

Here's hoping it takes me back to the good old days!

Bulldog :devil:

PostPosted: 17 Jun 2016, 08:33 
Super User

nice to hear that, looking forward to some new info firsthand... :up:

PostPosted: 23 Jun 2016, 07:41 
Super User

So I finally had a chance to test the Bison (in 1.8mm) on a Matador blade in direct comparison with Buffalo (1.8mm) also on a Matador blade. The first thing I noticed was that the throw angle of the Bison was lower and I had to adjust bat angle on blocks and pushes a little bit but nothing you can't get used to in a session. I found the blocks quite similar in tempo to Buffalo and you can also drop the ball quite short, however I thought that on hard loops I could land more blocks with the Buffalo. The Bison seemed to accelerate a little bit on those blocks whereas the Buffalo had more of a breaking effect so balls would drop on the table. However, the Bison is really nice and easy to use on attacking shots and I was able to generate good speed with high accuracy. The pips on the Bison are noticeably longer compared to the Buffalo (they both use the ABS sponge) which I believe explains the different behavior observed like lower throw and more acceleration on attacking shots. I didn't see much difference in spin reversal so I cant really say that one or the other is significantly better in that department. However, my hitting partner did say that balls with the Buffalo had more disruptive effect like weird curves or wobble. I found the Bison fairly easy to control, had no big problems to adjust to it and found it similarly good in terms of lower angle dependency as compared to Buffalo (both are much better in that department than let's say ABS).
I think the Bison is an interesting new development. In summary, I would say that the Buffalo is probably the better option who use the slick anti more in a passive style like blocking of loops, serve return but cover more of the table with an aggressive forehand. The Bison on the other hand seems to be the better choice for guys who play more off an aggressive, attacking game with their anti.
P.S.: By the way the Matador blade works really well with anti both Bison and Buffalo in terms of control but also reversal and disruptive effects.